• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Movie

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
Years
  • Everyone has a favorite movie! Or a couple favorite movies. So list your favorite movies below. And explain what was so awesome about them.

My favorite movie is definitely The Temptations. The true story of the greatest musical group of all time (IMO). It is a sad, gripping, and compelling tale that WILL bring you to tears. I commend all the actors who were in this film for their phenomenal performances. I commend the director for his genius in the making of the film. And I commend Otis Williams for living through all of this hell and remaining the only original Temptation to still be living. If you haven't seen this movie then i would suggest going and seeing it!! A definite must see!!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Superstar, Crooklyn or Wall - E

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • Green Street Hooligans, Watchmen and the first Scream film are my favourite films, for a variety of reasons. GSH because I saw a preview of it and it tugged at my heart strings. Watchmen because I read the graphic novel while at school and adored it, and they made the best job of the movie. Scream because it was my first true horror movie I saw and I loved the ingenuity of the plot and the scares work every time.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • My favorite movie would have to be O Brother, Where Art Thou?. It has the great depression era charm to it while still keeping a firm enough base on The Odyssey.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2012
    A Walk To Remember, definetly.
    close second is Elf, since it's incredibly sweet and funny. :3

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • Mine would most likely be The Shawshank Redemption. Simply amazing.

A few other great movies include Saving Private Ryan and Glory.

love that movie!!!!!! so much!!!!!!!

My favorite movie would have to be O Brother, Where Art Thou?. It has the great depression era charm to it while still keeping a firm enough base on The Odyssey.

and that one was just as awesome!!! i couldnt stop laughing...and that song they sing is wicked!!

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan's vision of Gotham City, along with Heath Ledger's legendary performance as Joker, combined with the overall awesomness of Batman, made this in my eyes one of the greatest movies of all time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    Spirited Away. you know that one with that little girl. great movie. i like all of hayao miyazakis movies

Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    1942: A Love Story. Excellent plot, setting in pre-independence India, amd wonderful acting. Plus, the music is a win, some of my favrite film songs of all time. And of course, we Indians cannot live without the love story masala.

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
    Years
  • Ima have to fall into a cliche and say Fight Club... It was just a downright amazing movie, and it deserves it's cult-following. I realize that this is probably gonna get 25 posts pointing out it's flaws, but I just had to throw it out there.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Do you peeps ever remember the movie Spirited Away? That, was truly an amazing movie.

Titanic was extremely sad, but good at the same time. My (female) friends cried at the end. :O

Honest Eyes

If A Girl Wants To Dance...
    Years
  • Funny Face! I love it and Audrey is so great in it! It is my favorite movie by her, or by any actress. Also I love in Gilmore Girls when Christopher takes Lorelai out to this barn and they watch Funny face by projector at night on the side of the barn. <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Das Boot (English: The Boat). A well thought out, realistic (albeit grace given to the below 300m part) and emotional war film that even manages to have somewhat subtle moments of humour. There are long quiet parts (the film focussing mainly on the crew) and it doesn't end in the traditional manner of a huge battle so it's not something to watch if you want a lot of action, but when the action does take hold it's as engaging as a film about a submarine can possibly be.
    Something I find notable is that it was made before the time of computer-generated effects that extended beyond blue/green-screening — either scale models or actual vessels were used for the outside views of the ships and submarines, so there's nothing at all that has that slight... hint of CG-ness.
    Given the choice of English or German voices, I'd go with German since it's the original language, but both are equally good.

Years
  • My top 3 are

1. Labyrinth (What can I say David Bowie mixed with Frank Oz blended with the work of Jim Henderson)
    2. Zoolander (Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller make a great double act and are hilarious also it has Will Ferrell in it aswell)
    3. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (What can I say I wanted to be a Power Ranger and everytime I watch this movie it takes me back to my childhood and how me and my brother fighting over who was going to be the Red Ranger)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have a lot of movies that I like, but I don't have any favourites; although these few pop into my head. I liked Collateral quite a lot; it was good to see Tom Cruise play a villain for once and personally I thinks he plays a villain better. It was a film all based on events in a single night so it was concise and I just felt strangely satisfied after watching it despite it being quite a simple film without much action. Sin City was also concise telling a few short stories rather than one long one. The digital backlot and colouring worked for me although the gore fests were a little distasteful at times. My favourite war film is Der Untergang (Downfall) because it isn't just about a single mission or battle; it actually has a story to it, but still provides enough battle scenes to keep you engaged. I also liked how it didn't portray the Nazis as mindless, barbaric monsters and showed a human side to them.

Back