• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite music in the mystery dungeon series

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
  • My favorite music in the mystery dungeon series is probably the monster house from red rescue team or the boss battle music of primal dialga, these 2 musics are intense!

Why won't you guys tell me your favorite music? Why do you like it... and stuff...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't even remember how the song sounds now, but I remember loving Thunder Wave Cave's music. I think I went back to it just to hear the music, even though it was a super easy dungeon haha.

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • I don't even remember how the song sounds now, but I remember loving Thunder Wave Cave's music. I think I went back to it just to hear the music, even though it was a super easy dungeon haha.

Wow, nice, the thunder wave cave is really awesome especially with nidorans =p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" from Explorers of Sky is pretty amazing. They've put a lot of effort into it, I could tell; first time I had heard it, I was almost crying. xD" "Farther Away" is also a nice track.

Years
  • The Explorers games had some pretty great tracks. The final Special Episode, In the Future of Darkness, had some that are among my favorites in the entire series. Vast Ice Mountain Peak being one of them, that track is an outstanding piece of work. And the track that plays after Dialga saves Grovyle and Dusknoir and turns the world to color, was one of the most moving and beautiful things Pokémon has shown me. Ever. :')

As for Gates to Infinity, some of the music wasn't that memorable, but in the late end of the game it got really neat. The Glacier Palace tracks were pretty awesome, but Bittercold Phase 2 (the very final battle of the main story)? OH MY JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST THIS TRACK IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, that track easily makes it among my top five, possibly even three, favorite tracks in the entire franchise, I was just blown away by how phenomenal it is.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    The Primal Dialga fight song is one of my favorites from explorers of darkness. There were a few others in that game (since it's the only mystery dungeon game I've played/owned) that I really liked but don't know what their called.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Mine should be Steam Cave from the explorers series. I've always found it enjoyable and invigorating.
    Along with it comes the Treasure Town and Red/Blue Rescue Team home base music tracks. They bring a lot of nostalgia.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I absolutely love the music in the Mystery Dungeon games! :) A lot of them are very powerful emotionally. They're probably largely responsible for my huge appreciation of video game music in general. I like too many, but off the top of my head, here are some that I especially enjoyed:

Rescue Team:
    Great Canyon, Fugitives (that theme that plays as you're running away from everyone), Sky Tower. Huh, I don't think that's all.

Explorers of _:
    Treasure Town, New Home (that one in your partner's home in Sharpedo Bluff), Brine Cave, Far Amp Plains, I Don't Want to Say Goodbye, Dialga's Fight to the Finish, Memories, Sacrifice, Sky Peak (Forest, I think), Dusk Forest (the one in the future that sounds frantic), Defend Globe, Barren Valley, Temporal Tower, Vast Ice Mountain, that Igglybuff explorer theme, and Random Dungeon Theme 3. O_o That's a lot more than I thought I would put down...

Gates to Infinity:
    Stompstump Peak, Post Town, Paradise (fully built-up version), the forest leading to Munna, Withered Savannah, Ochre Quarry, Scorching Desert, Holehills, the one that plays during the surprise air raid, Wrapped in a Light, Frism, Bittercold (phase 2), the opening theme and pretty much all versions/iterations of the Theme of Hope. There are plenty more, but I need to listen to them more. :P

Back