• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite new ORAS mega?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    I just posted this thread wanting to know what everyone thinks about the ORAS mega evolutions.

btw my favorite one is Mega Audino.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I love Mega Sceptile because it turns my favorite Pokemon into a Dragon and it doesn't look completely hideous. Also Mega Rayquaza gets a special mention for being pretty cool and breaking competitive battling; Mega Altaria is also extremely fluffy. Do you notice a theme? haha

Years
  • Shiny Mega Beedrill, but I don't got one yet. Also, Mega Sableye reminds me of that one Fire Skylander from Skylanders Trap Team.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • There is only one answer!
    Mega-Sceptile_ROZA.png

Mega Sceptile is the cooliest for reasons that barely need listing! First Grass/Dragon type? Check. Giant Christmas Tree tail cannon? Check. Fast as all heck? Check. What's not to love?!

Years
  • Mega Altaria for me. It gave a Pokémon I already liked a nice boost and its own typing, and its Pixilate ability made it more fun to use with Dragon Dance. The Dragon-type that always beats its brethren :P Not to mention it's even cloudier.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Mega Lopunny and Mega Gallade. Both have wonderful designs, and that's saying something because I'm always underwhelmed by most Mega Pokémon design wise. I also like how M-Lopunny got a massive buff in its stats, but overall I think that M-Gallade is better.

Years
  • Mega Pidgeot for me definitely.
    I always loved Pidgeot, especially since I'm an oldie to this. Good to see that it got a great boost. Especially in Special Attack.
    No other main region bird is a special attacker. :c

5f5baac42b7a0188f63a7257936db88e-d86pbwe_zpseveyoreq.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here's a list of my top faves of the ORAS Megas:

altaria-mega.gif

Not only is it cute, but a powerful attacker who can also take a hit. Pixilate really made this thing work wonders both in-game and competitively.

lopunny-mega.gif

Another cute Mega, but one with a lot of speed and power along with near-unresisted STAB coverage that not even Ghost-types are safe from thanks to Scrappy. Also, it made me love the Buneary line all over again!

swampert-mega.gif

Such a tank, and gotta love the buffs to his Attack as well. I actually had a shot wrecking a team under the rain on Showdown and I had the fun of using Mega Swampert in-game as well, given the Mudkip line is my fave Hoenn starter.

slowbro-mega.gif

It may look derpy, but I really love this Mega because it's a tank and Shell Armor makes it able to abuse Calm Mind without being in fear of a critical hit. Trust me, it gets frightening if you let it set up too much.

audino-mega.gif

I mainly liked this one for looks, and it is a fairly good defensive tanker. Healer may not be the best ability for it in my opinion, but I definitely can't say no to that Fairy-type.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    I'm seeing a lot of Altaria. Which is nice because its my second favorite!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I really like Mega Lopunny and Mega Beedrill, but I haven't used either of them yet. :(

I really should finish my game so I can start collecting the Mega Stones lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really like Mega Lopunny and Mega Beedrill, but I haven't used either of them yet. :(

I really should finish my game so I can start collecting the Mega Stones lol.

Their Mega Stones are obtainable after you catch/defeat Kyogre/Groudon.

Anyway, mine is Gallade simply because Gallade is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Years
  • Mega Rayquaza is my favorite; compared to it's regular form, it has a sharper, more ferocious look. It's also quite deadly in the sense that it has absurdly high base stats and can Mega evolve without taking up your team's Stone slot :)

Years
  • These are my favorites:

334-mega.png
    531-mega.png
    475-mega.png
    719-mega.png

Altaria, Audino, and Diancie are absolutely adorable in mega form.. even though mega Audino is so insanely weak. I'll let it slide since I'm more for looks so it's all right if you fainted 596997 times on my quest to get you to lv. 100, haha. :') Mega Gallade has grown on me a lot lately especially too since I love the knight look! It's on my next to-breed list.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I always liked Beedrill more than any other early-game Bug Pokemon, so I'm very happy that it got a Mega Evolution that can actually hold its own in competitive battles as a Fairy slayer and a spectacular U-turn user. And its design looks so intimidating!

Even though I was never a fan of Lopunny (I found the whole furry aspect of it very creepy) I at least like the fact that it exists, because it's a sign that GF is done giving Megas to overhyped Pokemon that don't need them and is moving on to the underdog Pokemon that actually deserve the boost. Perhaps one day my favourite Classy Cat Pokemon will also get its well-deserved Mega Evolution.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Rayquaza for obvious reasons - a beautiful powerhouse of pure ownage

It's a darn shame that Delta Stream nerfs your own Ice and Electric attacks against flying types though - messed up my strategy of using Ice Beam and Thunderbolt on my Rayquza like I did back in Ruby...

I would've liked Mega Lati@s if their Mega forms kept their original coloring

Spoiler:

Why are they BOTH purple?

That's just lazy...

Back