• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite player character in Pokemon games?

Favorite playable Trainers? (multiple choice poll)

• "Red"/Male Trainer (R/B/Y/LG/FR)

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • "Leaf"/Female trainer (FR/LG)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • "Gold"/"Ethan"/Male trainer (G/S/C/SS/HG)

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • "Kris"/Female trainer (C)

• "Lyra"/Female trainer (SS/HG)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • "Brendan"/Male trainer (Ru/Sa/E)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • "May"/Female trianer (Ru/Sa/E)

• "Lucas"/Male trainer (D/Pe/Pl)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • "Dawn"/Female trainer (D/Pe/Pl)

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • "Hilbert"/Male trainer (Bl/Wh)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • "Hilda"/Female trainer (Bl/Wh)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • "Nate"/Male trainer (Bl2/Wh2)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • "Rosa"/Female trainer (Bl2/Wh2)

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Male trainer (X/Y)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Female trainer (X/Y)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • "Wes"/Colloseum trainer

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • "Michael"/XD trainer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Melty~

Deku Princess(?)
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Who is your favorite playable trainer?

Mine is Wes, the trainer from Pokemon Collosseum. He's cool-looking and had an epic introduction. Plus, I like the fact that he was once part of the enemy team.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Going with gold, mostly because i like his hat :P

(Being overly critical here heheh) Red and lucas's designs are a little on the plain side, and Brendan's design is kinda wild. As for the gen 5 and 6 male trainers, i think that there is too much detail put into them. In the end Gold's design just kinda sticks out to me.

The trainers names in X/Y are Calem & Serena by the way ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I chose "Red" for nostalgic purposes, then I chose the name "Nate" because that's my name. I thought that it was cool when I saw that in Black/White 2.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Hilda is definitely my favorite player character out of all of them, with Rosa in second place (just look at my sig). Red is a somewhat distant 3rd. It's Red. When you're an old person like me and started with Red/Blue/Yellow, you get slightly nostalgic feelings from him.

Years
    I pretty much love all the female characters except May, Leaf and Kris. And that's just design-wise.

Rosa's my fave of the bunch because her hairstyle is really cute, but the one that looks the most like my real life appearance is Serena (XY's female protagonist), since my hair color is pretty similar to hers.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Red. Why? Well, because it's RED!

Cool design, all of his pokemons are badass. Well, what can I say?

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    My favorite to actually play is Brendan, just because he has such an iconic look, and I love that thing on his head.

My favorite of all of them though is Dawn, but I never play her, since I want her to be there as herself.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's gotta be Brendan for me, because, well, I just love his outfit; unlike most other protagonists, he doesn't wear a hat. Well, he does, but it doesn't look like one; it looks more like his actual hair, which is pretty unique. Second favorite would be Red, due to how confident he looks. Favorite female character is most likely May. d:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Favorite Male Trainer: Red, a boy of few words.

Favorite Female Trainer: I'm torn between Dawn and Hilda. I love Dawn's anime incarnation, but Hilda's the most realistic trainer a female can be.

Years
    Favorite male trainer would be Brendan, that hat that tricked us into thinking he had white hair for years!

Favorite female trainer would be Green (or is it Blue?), idk why really, maybe cause i played a lot of FR/LG. In R/S/E i like that May's "hat" isn't as big as half her head unlike all other females

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    For the first time in nearly a decade, this is actually a tough question for me. Leaf has been my favorite for years and still ranks highly, but with trainer customizations in X/Y, the female trainer can be made to look even more attractive than my perennial favorite.

As for the male protagonists, Wes is the only one whose design I even remotely like.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I voted for Red, Leaf and Dawn.

Leaf and Dawn are both pretty cute, I like Dawn's hat in particular. Red, however...well, it's Red. All I have to say about Red is "...".

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    I'd always go for Ethan, just because he was in my first and favourite game I guess. I feel like he has a personality somehow, while he doesn't talk (before HGSS).

Back