• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite PMD starter

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    It's hard for me to believe no one has asked this yet. (If someone already has, please let me know.) What's your favorite starter from the PMD series? Mine would have to be Squirtle, Treecko, and Riolu. I don't know why, I just like them a lot. By coincidence, I got Treecko and chose Squirtle as my partner in Red Rescue Team.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love being Eevee. It's a shame I can't be Eevee in PMD 2. I'd love that. I might get PMD Sky just so that I can be Eevee. Tis one of my favorites, as is its evolutions.

Also, Cyndaquil is cool, too. Quilava is one of my all time favorites.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Wow, I don't think I ever knew that. As a side-request, could you also put in what starter Pokémon you wouldn't want? For me, it would probably be Psyduck, Skitty, and Vulpix.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    Charmander, because it's my first starter! Oh, and Vulpix also.

I wouldn't want Skitty or Munchlax as player character, but I would like to have Skitty as partner.

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I started my first PMD adventure as a Chikorita and my partner was a Piplup.

Best combo ever! Loved them together. Worked like a charm.

Now that I have started my game again, I am a Squirtle and my partner is a Torchic. I didn't think it would be a fun pairing but they actually work pretty damn well.

ssj5goku5

Heard you like dem MUDKIPS!!!
    Years
    i cant remember for sure but i think the first one i got in red resuce team was squirtle but my favorite would have to be shinx.

Years
    When I first started PMD1 I became a Pikachu and I took Treecko as my partner. Pikachu was really great, and I was so happy when I finally could evolve in that game.

In the second PMD I became a Totodile and Pikachu was my Partner. I loved Totodile because it learned a Water, Ice and Dark move which helped me a lot. Pikachu was also useful, especially when it learned a move which would affect all Pokémon near me.

Currently Im playing the second PMD again, I'm Pikachu and my Partner is Piplup. I would have never thought that Piplup would fit so well as partner!

Yea, altogether I think that Pikachu is definitely my favorite starter in PMD, it's cute and I just like it a lot, though Totodile's move where much better.

I wouldn't want to be Skitty or Munchlax though.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Mudkip is my favourite starter and I always pick Chikorita as a partner.

I hate Riolu, got it in PMDS and it sucked ass. Didn't learn any good moves and took me ages to beat the Muk/Grimer gang :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Mudkip is my favourite starter and I always pick Chikorita as a partner.

I hate Riolu, got it in PMDS and it sucked ass. Didn't learn any good moves and took me ages to beat the Muk/Grimer gang :/

maybe because you got a bad partner for it, beside if you gave your Riolu Dig it can deal with the Grimer/Muk >.>

I like riolu with chimchar as both their evolutions are my favourite <3.

Back