• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Finale

Which of the following Pokémon should be named the Favorite Pokémon Tournament champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I'm new to the forums here, so I sadly did not get the chance to vote on the previous rounds, but I voted for the Flygon line, Chandelure line and Gengar line [for Haunter].

Those are all definitely my favorites from that list! c:

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    Voted for Lucario, the Hydreigon line, and the Treecko line. Sadly, my favorite Dark type didn't win, but my fave Fighting, Dragon, and Grass types did, so yay for them!

Lucario gets my vote for anything.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Voted for the lines of Ampharos, Flygon, and Ralts. I didn't want to vote for too many, and there are a number of others on this list that I love, but for some I only love individuals in the line. For example, Torchic has deep sentimental value for me, but I don't love Combusken or Blaziken. I adore Deino and Zweilous, but I don't really enjoy Hydreigon. I'm not a big fan of Grovyle (though he's growing on me) even though I love Treecko and Sceptile, and I'm kind of neutral towards the Swampert line. I love all the other pokémon in this poll, but I would like to see one of these three lines win.

And, to be honest, I'll be incredibly disappointed if the Charizard or Gengar lines win. I love them, but they're definitely overdone.

Years
  • My main vote goes to Gengar and I would love to see it win it all again, but I wouldn't be surprised if another Pokémon took the victory this year because of Gengar's last year.

With that being said, I'd love to see Charizard take it, or even Ampharos.

DLA

This is my user title. I'm working on it.
    Years
  • TOGEKISS FTW
    I hatched TOGEPI in Pokémon Platinum, and raised it's level AAAAAALLLLL the way to 100.

Cheaters, beware.

In XY, I have a level 98 Blaziken and I'm not afraid to use it.>:)

Years
  • Alright guys- there's only two days left for voting, and there's a very tight race for first place right now. If you haven't made your picks yet, don't wait any longer, since it could be you that decides PokeCommunity's favorite Pokemon!

Years
  • And with that, the final poll has come to an end here in the 2014 edition of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament. Whether this was the first time you voted, or you've been following along since the very first poll back in July 2013, I sincerely appreciate your participation. While it may not look like much, a lot of effort goes into each of the polls to make them look pretty, and more importantly, to make sure the right Pokémon get represented in their respective polls. To see that the FPT had a much greater turnout this year made me happy, and almost makes me wish it weren't over already. Also, just like last year, I compiled a whole bunch of fun stats about the FPT and its participation, so look out for a blog on that in the next few days. But, enough about all that, and on to the results!

Coming in third place were last year's champions, Gastly, Haunter and Gengar. Prior to this poll, the Gengar family had never lost a vote in FPT history, having won last year's Ghost-type poll, this year's Poison-type poll, and being the champions of FPT 2013. Still, finishing that high shows that Gengar remains as popular as ever, despite the bronze-place finish.

In second place were Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, and Gallade. Until the final 48 hours of voting, the Gardevoir family were within one or two votes of first place, and had even taken the lead at around the half way point. It was a fine showing by these Pokémon, and they'll be ones to keep an eye out for in future tournaments. Unfortunately, they just couldn't keep up with the champions, falling 10 votes short of a victory.

Speaking of which, the Pokémon that you voted as the Favorite Pokémon Tournament champions for 2014 are...

Spoiler:

Whether it was the elusive holographic card from the Base Set of the Pokémon TCG, the smugness of Ash's Charizard in the anime, or the allure of a fire-breathing dragon(ish) Pokémon in the video games, Charizard and family have always been popular, and this vote only confirmed them as PokéCommunity's Favorite Pokémon of 2014!

Again, thank you to everyone who participated. If you voted and posted in a majority of this year's FPT threads, look out for a special emblem coming your way in the next week or two. If everything goes according to plan, I'd like to keep the FPT a yearly event, so I hope to see you all back here next time for the next edition of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament!

Spoiler:

Years
  • It was great to have taken part in the voting again, but Charizard is like everywhere and gets a lot of praise because people automatically view fiery dragons as "awesome". It's not bad, but it's not really in my top faves (mainly due to it being on almost every item of Pokemon merchandise and marketing). Still, while the polls were successful the winner was just too predictable.

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Charizard won yess, its has got a huge fan base here for sure loved by many people and I'm super happy with the result

Years
  • Well, we've lost another vote to another incredibly overdone cliché. Not surprising, of course, just intensely, intensely disappointing. I love Charizard, but he's certainly not my favorite and I'm just tired of him being everywhere.

This. I'm really done with Charizard being so overhyped and seen as the best thing ever. He's not a bad Pokémon, but he's not everything the fanboys hype him out to be. (Although I will give him some credit with Mega Evolutions...)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey, stop bashing one of my all-time favorite pokemon families, please :'(

I'm really happy that Charizard etc won, because I think they are very iconic and classic pokemon who show that not every design has to be so convoluted and twisted to make an interesting pokemon. These days we see weird, cartooney faces on almost all pokemon and patterns and bodyparts that make no sense. Not on all new pokemon, but i daresay a majority. Back in Gen 1 we had a simple orange lizard with flames on its tail who grew wings and a fat belly when it evolved. Plain but still popular today. I'm not the biggest fan of its weird X Mega evo, mostly for these unnecessary shoulder claws and frigglish wings that fall into the category I mentioned earlier. But the Y Mega continues and improves the great base pokemon.

All in all, it's not surprising that Charizard and Gardevoir/Gallade etc were on top. But Gardevoir is seen pretty often too so I'm not sure this thread would have been sounding differently if they won ;)

Now I'll rejoice for another year, and probably wear Charmander themes now and then!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    None of what's been said can really constitute "bashing."

All I see is expressions of disappointment - and rightly so, because it's disappointing.
    That was hardly the major content of my post, rather it was a half-serious, exaggerated comment. Sorry it appeared like I was actually mad or something. And it is your opinion that it is disappointing, while it obviously isn't for many others, since the fire lizard actually won. But it's pointless to discuss that here :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    Is there any chance we could have another round of voting? With a narrower selection pool?

Years
  • I am not surprised by the Charizard win. It's a popular and well-known pokemon with a simple yet lovable design, not to mention two refined mega evolution.

The ralts line was a surprising rival competitor, with a 2% difference. I love gardevoir and gallade, as well as their simple and refined mega evolutions.

Even though I didn't vote for Charizard, I am fine with the outcome. In some ways, in respect to many of the type polls, my favorite pokemon were not shared with the majority or even a near majority. But, isn't that, well, a nice thing? I like the fact that so many of my favorites are special to me.

Though there are common types of ice cream that have a broad appeal, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, it's fun to be one of few of the room that loves the coffee flavored ice cream.

If anything these polls are fun in respect to seeing which flavors you like that have broad appeal, and others that like that are unique to your own taste buds. It should be a win-win regardless of the outcome.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Charizard is a cool Pokémon, and it's really no surprise that it won. We do see it everywhere, but it's only because it has stood the test of time and remained a popular icon among the Pokémon fanbase, and is well known outside the fanbase. I'm sure many people can remember choosing Charmander back in the days of R/G/B and FR/LG, or watching Ash's Charizard tear it up in the anime :D

Back