• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Ghost

Which are your favorite Ghost types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • Jesus I'm one of the very few people who likes the Yamask line... yipes.

Anyways I voted for that, Sableye and Golett. Golett line is personally my favourite but I like all 3 quite a lot.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    L I T W I C K

That said the Litwick line.

I like a lot of ghost types but none of them I like as much as Litwick. Just... the moment I saw the little candle I fell in love with it and that hasn't changed one bit. The Chandelure that I had on my first playthrough of white was wonderful, Litwick is adorable, I love the episode Litwick was introduced it, I love the little Litwick plush I have, I just love Litwick a lot ok.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Golurk. Why? A giant flying Golem of laser beam death would scare the piss out of me. On top of that it can learn Phantom force, and its 'fist' type moves are all powered up beyond ridiculous due to iron fist. If your lucky enough to have No Guard as its ability, Dynamic Punch will ruin anyone's day.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    Under normal circumstances, I'd say Giratina. It's a frickin' Zombie-dragon from Hell, and that's only it's dex description! Not to mention, an immunity to fighting/normal type moves knocks out tortures like Giga Impact and Focus Punch.

But personally, realistically, I prefer Rotom. Pretty much for the same reason people like Klefki and the Litwick line: it's a mundane household object made awesome. Not to mention, it's not just one; it's six! No Pokemon has that many alternates (excluding Spinda and Unown, but no one counts them).

Besides, Electric/Ghost is a fun type combo with a cute face attached to it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Bannette was the only one that took my vote this time, it's the only one that I actually like and its sort of "creepy, demonic looking" for my taste - really love it's design.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Rotom, Giratina and Chandelure. The Ghost-type isn't really my most preferred type, hence the small amount of favourites. Those few that I've voted for have struck me as useful in battle and/or amazing in design.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sableye, Shuppet/Banette and Honedge/Doublade get my votes! The ghosts from Hoenn have sleek, cool designs and were nice to use in the games. Honedge is one of the most fascinating pokémon designs in later times and it's an interesting move to make it a Ghost type.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Froslass gets this one, personally.

It's made quite the name for itself in UU as a reliable Spikes setter, guaranteed at least two layers of the hazard down with a Focus Sash, and access to great moves that can really turn the tide of battle like Destiny Bond after activating it's Sash, and the ability to stop Defog by itself with the use of Taunt.

What really strikes me, though, is it's design. It's really creative, fusing the Japanese Kimono style with the ghost-girl-thing that I can't quite pinpoint. xD

Either way, it looks and performs amazing.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Votes goes to Mismagius, Froslass, Giratina and Chandelure. There's not many ghost types that I like, and since Gengar's out of the way...

Those are the ones that I've ever used during games and fallen in love with.

Nakala Pri

I voted for Mismagius, Froslass, Banette, Frillish and Driftloon. :D

Ghost types are a really unique type of Pokemon that stand out to me, but I never really got to use them, since a lot of other types could take their place. :C

Mismagius was once my mascot, so yeah, I'm pretty fond of that wicked girl. >8^D

Years
  • Chandelure is my first pick, as that thing is ridiculously powerful. I already discussed that thing in the Fire-type thread so there.

And I also like Jellicent for its crazy mustache with the males. I like females too, but not as much. Golurk is another major favorite for its design and move capability.

Those are just a few, I can't like Aegislash as much because of how overused it is...

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Ooh, did you purposely release this poll around Halloween time, Brendino? :P I've always like the ghost type. Let's see....

Shuppet/Banette: Haunted puppets make for an excellent idea for a ghost type! I didn't come to appreciate their design until late 5th generation. Shuppet is such a cutey. I like his eyes, like he's wearing eye liner. And he reminds me of the ghostkerchief from Neopets, haha. I used to consider using Banette in an RSE remake before XY came out but I was on the fence... seeing its mega evolutions amazing design makes me really want to use it now!

Litwick - Candles, lanturns lanterns, chandeliers. All very spooky objects for a haunted house, and all naturally progressing technologically. Litwick is such a cutey, and Chandelure is so elaborate just as a chandelier should be. I like how Chandelure has a stitched-like mouth. As said elsewhere, this approach for the first ever Fire/Ghost was so much more creative than just some wisp.

Phantump: It's cute! Its concept is really good too.

Gengar: I don't think I voted for Gengar on purpose for the poison poll mostly because I think of him more as a ghost than a poison. So here's my vote to represent Gengar now, even if it doesn't do anything. #1 ghost imo much spoopy

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Oops I didn't even realise we can vote for multiple Pokemon. That's what I get for not reading the rules x_x

The Gengar line is my favourite Ghost-type line but I cast my vote for the Misdreavus line. Although I'm not a massive fan of Mismagius, I really like it's pre-evolution. Other cool Ghost-types are the Drifloon line and Froslass.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My favourite ghost line is the Chandelure line. I'm kinda neutral on Lampent but I really love Litwick and Chandelure. The former is adorable, the latter is really elegant, and the designs throughout are simple. And they have great shinies, too! (I am such a sucker for that colour of blue in shiny pokemon.) They also got me out of more than a few tight spots when I had them in my party so... they definitely get my vote.

Back