• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Electric (Sept. 13-20)

Who are your favorites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
mgfRcWp.png

Oo763mF.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until September 20th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

None yet :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I voted for only two Pokémon families this round:

Magnemite - I don't know what it is with this little fellow, but I fell in love with it the moment I saw it appear in a cutscene in Pikachu's vacation. Also, in Emerald it's got the best animation and cry. BEEP!

Rotom - It's a Pokémon that can literally go and possess your washing machine. Do I have to say more? :D

Years
Oh hey Brendan's still hosting FPT yay

Anyways, I didn't vote for as many Pokemon so as to stick to my faves.

In a quick summary, I voted for the Pikachu, Electrike, Helioptile, Mareep and Chinchou lines based on me liking their designs and/or concepts, while Pachirisu and Emolga are among my fave Pikaclones as well.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen today
c'mon lets go Zekrom's gotta win this time

Years
I voted for Ampharos, Manectric, Luxray and Heliolisk going primarily by design. I was going to include Magnezone's line as well but I chose not simply to spite Ullion.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I voted for the Magnemite line, Chinchou line, Mareep line, Shinx line, and Dedenne. I like all of their designs and what they're based on, particularly Chinchou. I've used most of them a decent amount in-game (apart from the Magnemite line) and they're all quite reliable as well.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I voted for... come on now, do I need to say that, see UserName ^ :P

The Pikachu line is my all time fav, mainly coz I just luv :t025:Pikachu:t025:. Also, Yellow was the first game I ever played, so nostalgia :).

Although I have other favs - Elekid line, Shinx line, Electrike line, Zekrom, Raikou, but I'll stick to voting for one.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
Hey, I think I'm gonna try to participate this year! 8)

Pikachu line is an absolute yes from me. Then I went with Raikou, since it's my favorite of the three legendary dogs. Emolga makes my cut as well, since I always thought it was cute both in-game and in the anime. Then I chose Thundurus since I like weather, and thunderstorms are a pretty common sight around where I live.

Years
Could tick most of them to be honest! Decided to go with just Plusle and Minun as they're such a cute little pair and I love their cheerleading theme!

blue

gucci
Years
Rotom and Shinx line.

Rotom because it can transform into some awesome looking forms of appliances. Not only that but it features as the Pokedex in S/M which makes it 10x better!

Shinx is arguably the best early Pokemon of any game. Whenever I'm playing through Sinnoh I'll pick up a Shinx just because of how useful it can be on any team. It also has an awesome design throughout its whole evolutionary line.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
This is a type I love, I wan't t vote for them all. But I choose Jolteon and Lanturn :)

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Rotom because it can transform into some awesome looking forms of appliances.

Clarification: Rotom cannot transform. Rotom can only possess objects that are already present. So, without a Pokedex or a washing machine lying around, you're not going to get Pokedex Rotom or Wash Rotom.

Mind you, being able to possess appliances is a really cool ghost ability.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • he/him
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Voted for the Magnemite line, Zapdos, the Shinx line, and Rotom. Almost voted for the Elekid line, but I am against all forms of trade evolution, so...

Years
My votes go to...

The Chinchou Line - I love Chinchou and it's evolution, they're designs are both so cool.

The Helioptile Line - Helioptile is probably my favourite Kalos Pokemon and although I'm not the biggest fan of it's evolution, it does enough to get on my list.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Basically Alolan Raichu (and normal Raichu but Alolan Raichu even more so) makes me love the Pikachu line the very most forever from now on.

Years
Love me some Ampharos. For some reason, I became really attached to it in Gold and I haven't looked back, something about it. Majestic? Mega Ampharos also has the glorious weave, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.

EDIT: I also overlooked Lanturn, even though it's the Pokémon I've had in my avatar for a while. Huh.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Yaaay, It's back!

Lanturn - Slowly and solidly becoming my favorite Pokemon period, Lanturn is a boss and there isn't anything you can do about it. Still have very fond TCG memories and now some Showdown ones to go with it. Also, he's cute.

Emolga - Welp, The Gen 5 Pika Clone is here. Oh, Its also a FREAKING FLYING SQUIRREL.

Galvantula - Fast and decently strong, Galvy's access to Sticky Web has saved a Monotype battle or four.

Back