• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until October 26th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26)
    Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Ice (Oct. 20-26)

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Mamoswine, Mamoswine, Mamoswine and uh, Mamoswine.

And I think I left out Mamoswine, sorry.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Didn't realize that there are so many Ice-types that have awesome designs! These are the ones I chose for this category:

• Cloyster
    • Sneasel line
    • Snorunt
    • Glaceon
    • Vanillite line
    • Cryogonal
    • Amaura line
    • Bergmite line

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    As much as I like Ice types, I contained my urge to vote for half of the available Pokemon. Instead, I kept it to two lines who I have found to be Pokemon I use pretty consistently and are always the first two lines I think of when I think of the Ice type, the Snorunt line and the Spheal line. I absolutely love Glalie and its mega is really fun to use in competitive play, underrated in my opinion. Walrein on the other hand, has been my go to Ice type since it was first introduced. Plus i love the animals the line is based off and find that its overall growth makes so much sense with an amazing design.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I love the Ice type so I voted for Jynx, Delibird, Spheal, and Cryogonal! I can't pick enough favorites aaaa

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Poor Dewgong still doesn't have a vote :'(

Surprised by that honestly, thought it was more liked, guess I was wrong!

In other news, Weavile with over 50% of the votes so far, I wonder if that will continue, it'd be pretty impressive if it does!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Love the ice type. Voted for:

Lapras
    Articuno
    Swinub line
    Snorunt line
    Spheal line
    Regice
    Vanillite line
    Cubchoo line

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    There are a lot of ice types that I like. I voted for the Sneasel, Snorunt, Snover, Cubchoo and Bergmite lines.

Years
    I voted for Dewgong and the Sneasel line, both have been a couple of my favourite Pokemon for quite some time now.

Years
    I voted for:
    Spoiler:

Let's go over it, shall we? Weavile is the fastest Ice Type Pokémon on the market and is tied for the fastest Dark Type Pokémon with Darkrai at a whopping Speed of 125! Sneasel really put Dark Types on the map when it was first introduced 15 years ago, and it hasn't stopped to think about who it punches wholes through on its way to the top.

With a base Attack of 120, Weavile gives any Fighting Pokémon and even more than a few handfuls of Legendary Pokémon a run for its money.

Weavile has access to moves like Feint Attack and Beat Up at her disposal she's more than capable of dolling out the pain if you have no Defence. She also has a wide variety of Physical move types to choose from like: X-Scissor, Poison Jab and Dig. What's worse for the victim (Weavile has no opponents, only victims) is that Weavile has access to Power-Up Punch!

With Ice Type Moves like Icicle Crash, Ice Punch and Ice Shard, Weavile is sure to put nails in any Grass, Ground or Dragon Type Pokémon's proverbial Cofagrigus.

With her very own niche, Weavile can become very difficult to counter if not expected with such a high Speed that more than a few Pokémon struggle to keep up. If you're not prepared to take on Weavile you're in for pain. Don't expect any mercy, she goes in dry.

Years
    You'd be surprised how many Ice-types I actually love.

My votes range from the many majestic ones like Articuno, Lapras and the Amaura line to powerhouses like the Swinub, Snorunt and Spheal lines. Snover and Abomasnow for their unique typing, Glaceon for an all-time fave Eeveelution, the mysterious legendary Kyurem, and Unova's cool lineup of Cryogonal, and then the cute ones like Cubchoo (Beartic is not so cute but it's a badass) and the Vanillite line.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I voted for Cloyster and one of my favorite Pokemon ever, Froslass.

But honestly I could vote for all of them, except the Regice and sorry, articuno. I don't dislike it, it's just not my favorite bird.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Ice is one of my favourite types so this was a hard one. Tried my best but had to choose six in the end!

- Dewgong - sure it has a really basic design and name, but there's just something about this Pokémon that I love. It's got grace and a really simple form of elegance which I find really cool. Wish it was stronger though as it's so forgotten.
    - Articuno - one of my favourite legendaries. Beautiful and graceful design. Let's not talk about its skill in battle though haha.
    - Sneasel line - one of my favourite Johto Pokémon, and my favourite Sinnoh cross-gen evolution, respectively. Love these guys as they're so different to most Ice-types. Rocking design, great typing, they hit hard and hit fast.
    - Snorunt line - I always liked the Snorunt line, and then that turned into love when Froslass was introduced. I really love the concept behind these guys, and they have really cool designs overall imo.
    - Spheal line - Spheal is gorgeous. Walrein is a beast in battle, and was my powerhouse in my playthrough of OR. Stallrein was inspirational to watch, back in the day hahaha.
    - Vanillite line - Sure they may not have the coolest designs, but I like them for the fact that they're quirky. One of my favourite Pokémon in my team in Pokémon White, lots of fun to use.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Ahem...

Cloyster - S H E L L S M A S H
    Weavile - Is a NINJA
    Froslass - Spooktober yall
    Glaceon - One of my top 2 Eveeloutions
    Avalugg - Is a tank. No literally. IT IS A TANK. Well, an aircraft carrier anyway.

EDIT: Oh look, Weavile is winning. WHAT A SHOCKER!

EDIT 2: User Brendino, I'd check the CSS on Luxray :P

Years
    EDIT: Oh look, Weavile is winning. WHAT A SHOCKER!

Of course Weavile is winning ohohohoho! Speed is sometimes a completely underestimated stat. That's why there are increased priority moves to completely balance the tanks with the Speedsters! But I'm sure you already know all of this already and I'm just preaching to the choir ohohohoho!

Back