• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12)

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12)

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Normal-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until November 12th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12)
    Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Normal (Nov. 5-12)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Not really a user of Normal-types but the ones I voted for are:

• Meowth line
    • Tauros & Miltank
    • Porygon line
    • Taillow line
    • Buneary line

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Snorlax is the perfect embodiment of me, so of course I gotta vote for him. :p

Ditto, Cinccino, Porygon2, and Staraptor are all cool as well.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I find normal to be a bit too "normal" (haha I'm funny) So I only voted for a couple lines this time.

Swellow line - explained in Flying poll
    Lopunny line - Pure awesomesauce

Years
  • Normal, being a large type is naturally going to attract a lot of votes, and here's who made it.

I picked a lot of the pink cuties like the Jigglypuff and Chansey lines, along with the tough pink cutie Miltank, and its bull-ish counterpart Tauros. Also in there I have fan faves like Eevee, the Munchlax line, Starly line, Buneary line, Meloetta, Helioptile line, Minccino line and Smeargle. Then there's also the Sentret line and Teddiursa line. Also got both the Slakoth and Whismur lines in there for their usability in battle, and finally to honour a certain super mod of this forum - Castform.

Years
  • My votes went to Kangaskhan, Staraptor, Heliolisk, Ursaring and Meloetta based primarily on appearance. I've basically loved all of them since my first time seeing them.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • My Votes go to:-

Pidgey line
    Meowth/Persian
    Eevee
    Munchlax/Snorlax
    Teddiursa/Ursaring
    Skitty/Delcatty
    Castform
    Buneary/Lopunny
    Minccino/Cinccino
    Meloetta
    Heloptile/Heliolisk

Again, lots of Votes there :).

Pika Pika :chu:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Only three choices for me this time...

Igglybuff line
    Porygon line
    Munchlax line

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I voted "Other" for Dunsparce and Lickitung.

Would've voted Meowth, Porygon, and Sentret lines as well, but I didn't realize I could choose more than one. Dx

Years
  • I only vote for one on these, and I think I'm going to give it to Heliolisk this time. There are some great Normal types here, but I like Electric types and I'm feeling lucky here.

Years
  • My votes went to the Sentret and Furret and then my favourite Generation 6 Pokemon, Helioptile :)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    Igglybuff line (only for Jigglypuff and Wigglypuff, but eh)
    Sentret line -- One of my many favorite parts of Crystal was how Sentret stood on its tail.
    Arceus -- One of the coolest legendaries, and I would feel this way even if it wasn't PokeGod. I love its design and the Plate system. I mean, they even made a ??? Plate sprite for it, just in case.
    Other: Watchog and Bunnelby. Watchog = Shoutout to the most underrated reiteration of Rattata. I love its yellow stripes and the fact that it glows in the dark. If Fairy-type had been the Light-type, I feel like Watchog would've been retconned to Normal/Light. Bunnelby = Largely because of the XY(Z) anime, and because I think Bunnelby does the whole "my ears are opposable digits" way better than Buneary ever did. (Also, yes, I specifically didn't mention Patrat or Diggersby, because eh.)

Years
  • As always, thank you to everyone who voted this week, as we draw closer and closer to the finale!

In a race that saw at least 4 different Pokemon families in the lead at one point, it was relative newcomers Helioptile and Heliolisk who came out on top, winning the Normal type poll by just a single vote. Coming in second place was the Porygon family (who won the 2013 Normal type poll), with Munchlax and Snorlax finishing in third.

Congrats to the winners of both this poll, and the Flying type poll this week (be sure to go check those results if you haven't already!). Be sure to come back here tomorrow as we'll have the final 2 polls before the grand finale. See you then!!

Back