• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon type?

Favorite Pokémon type?

• Normal

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Fire

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Water

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Electric

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Ice

• Grass

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Bug

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ground

• Poison

• Fighting

• Flying

• Psychic

• Ghost

• Dark

• Steel

• Dragon

• Fairy

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
  • Pick your favorite Pokémon type and why you chose it. Also, pick your favorite move from that type (ex. Ice, Blizzard). My favorite Pokémon type is Ice an my favorite Ice move is probably Blizzard, or one of the Beam moves (Ice and Aurora). Why I chose Ice is because I love the cold and am good with Ice-types in battle.

Stealthfire

Steel-Type Master
    Years
  • Ooh, I like the Ice type too. My favourite type, though, is Steel. I would have to say my favourite Steel-type move would be Meteor Mash or Flash Cannon, I cannot decide. Though there are not a lot of Steel-type Pokemon, I adore the ones we do have. One of the reasons I love Steel types is their insanely high defence and their resistance to a lot of other types; I always have an easier time planning my moves in battles when I know my Pokemon can take a few hits.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Since most of my favorite Pokémon are categorized as fire, this would likely have to be my favorite type.

Competitively, one fire-type I find myself using a lot is Volcarona. It's very easy to set up thanks to its Quiver Dance move, and when it is, it would be ready for sweeping instantly; have used this strategy plenty of times before, and it has never seemed to disappoint me.

When it comes to appearance and whatnot, however, I always side with Ninetales line. Vulpix is super-adorable, in my opinion, and to put icing on the cake, its evolution is superbly elegant-looking. Have been a fan of these two Pokémon for a very long time, and still am.

Years
  • Fairy Fire power xD.

Fairies are great they can take down Dragon, Fighting and Dark, three of the most annoying types to take down. Also Fairies work well in S Attack role (Moonblast etc) and Attack role (Play rough).
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Years
  • I went with grass because there are too many I love, Lilligant, Serperior, Gourgeist, Roserade, Leavanny, Sawsbuck, Whimsicott, Virizion, Meganium, Torterra, Cradilly, Ludicolo, Vileplume, Bellossom.

Water, Bug, Dragon, and Fire come close though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Favorite type for me will always be Ghost. I just think they have the most awesome design out of all the other Pokemon. Normal and Water comes in as my second and third favorite.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Since most of my favorite Pokémon are categorized as fire, this would likely have to be my favorite type.

Competitively, one fire-type I find myself using a lot is Volcarona. It's very easy to set up thanks to its Quiver Dance move, and when it is, it would be ready for sweeping instantly; have used this strategy plenty of times before, and it has never seemed to disappoint me.

When it comes to appearance and whatnot, however, I always side with Ninetales line. Vulpix is super-adorable, in my opinion, and to put icing on the cake, its evolution is superbly elegant-looking. Have been a fan of these two Pokémon for a very long time, and still am.

I don't think you voted on the poll, but I love it that you love Fire-types, they're one of the best types and very flashy and powerful.

Years
  • It's too bad the poll isn't multiple choice, as I've got a hard time picking between Steel and Ice as my favorite type. Many of my favorite Pokemon come from these two types (Articuno, Froslass, Aurorus, Scizor, Aggron, Lucario, etc.), and I try to have one of each represented every time I do a playthrough of one of the games.

For poll purposes, I picked Ice, since I've got the suspicion that Steel is the more popular of the two, and I just want to spread the love :p

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My favorite are grass types. I love nature and plants irl so I guess I just gravitated toward them. I love using them, I'll basically find any excuse to throw one on a team. My favorite common grass move is vine whip for some reason.. uhh I think it's nostalgia. An actual good move I like is Energy Ball also Petal Dance.

Years
  • Dragon type is mine, far ahead in first place. With Pokemon such as Dragonite, Altaria, Salamence and the Latios/Latias duo (just to name a few) it's an incredible type with unique designs, you would be crazy not to vote for it! {XD}

Years
  • Fairy, Ghost & Grass are my favourite, I go with Ghost for the poll because Fairy is just introduced and (I think) grass is going to be very popular anyway. My favourite Ghost-type move would have to be Shadow Ball. Banette, Misdreavus, Chandelure, Pumpkaboo, Frillish, Frolas & Shedinja are a few of my my favourite Ghost-type Pokemon (I may have forgotten a few...) ^-^

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • Although my favorite type is Fairy, my three favorite Pokemon all come from the Fire-type. The ones that follow are all Fairy, however. Fire is still a very close second.
    494.png
    609.png
    006-mega-y.png

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to my favorite Pokemon type, my top three favorites are Water, Ice, and Steel. One reason why Water is my number one favorite is because there are over 120 Pokemon have that type. As for Ice, the reason why it is my second favorite type is because it is very cool. (Ok, that was a bad pun.) As for why Steel is my third favorite type, well it is awesome.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hard to just pick one, but if I had to choose it would most likely be Flying. A lot of my all time favourites are actually Flying-types; Altaria, Swellow, Vespiquen, Staraptor, Yanmega etc.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • My favorite type would have to be Fighting types. It's the only type that has no Pokemon that I really dislike, it has some of my most favorite Pokemon, and they always tend to be the ones that end up being the most helpful and useful for me.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Ghost, Fighting, Fairy and Dark are my favourite types. Not to rag on the elemental types, but they're sort of standard RPG fare, but what makes Ghost, Fighting, Fairy and Dark so cool to me is that those types convey not only what a Pokemon is, but a value system and how they conduct themselves. Fighting types are honourable and compete to test their fighting spirit and better themselves. Dark types are duplicitous and operate at a win at all costs. Ghost pokemon are tricksters with all sorts of wacky status that are seemingly just out there to amuse themselves and Fairy types are very noble and represent order in that they act as a check to the powerful Dragon and Fighting types and the power hungry Dark types.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Fighting, Ghost, Dark, Water, Grass and Ice are my faves.

And I voted Ice to the poll because Ice is the most useful threat to defeat Dragons, which is nice.

Years
  • First vote for electric! So awesome. They've been my favorites for as long as I can remember and I just love electricity as an element. If I were a trainer I'd really want to use an all-electric team at some point.

Close seconds are grass and ghost. ♥

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I love the water type! My favorite water Pokemon (and Pokemon in general) is Blastoise, and my favorite water move is probably Surf. I don't like how they nerfed Surf in double battles, though. It was great when it did a good amount of damage without hitting your partner in gen 3 (and it's great in singles, too, of course, though Scald's burn chance seems better competitively in a lot of ways).

Back