• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pok?mon Tournament 2015 - Rock

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
    Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Rhyperior - I honestly have no idea why I like this evolution line. I just do, heh.

Aerodactyl - Lance uses it. I like Lance. Pretty much the only reason I like it.

Kabuto, Kabutops - Half water type. Nuff' said.

Bonsly, Sudowoodo - I like that moment in Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heartgold/Soulsilver when you water the tree and Sudowoodo comes out :D

Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar - Tyranitar for dayz.

Aron, Lairon, Aggron - Probably my favorite over all of the Rock types.

Shieldon, Bastiodon - I really like Bastiodon's design for some reason.

Tyrunt, Tyrantrum - I liked Tyrunt and Tyrantrum in my Pokemon X playthrough x3

Years
    Rhyhorn line - One of the classic Rock-types. I always thought that Rhydon looked cool; Rhyperior was no different when Gen 4 came around.

Larvitar line - Tied with Aron for my favorite Rock-type line of all time. It evolves at very high levels, making it very rewarding to raise it. Tyranitar is an absolute tank that can take on pretty much anything that doesn't have a strong Fighting move. Also gets my vote for being one of the pseudo-legends

Aron line - One of the first Pokemon I always catch in the Hoenn games. This line makes Norman very easy to beat, and does its share against Winona too.

Lileep line - Unique typing; all this line reminds me of is how difficult Steven was to defeat in the original RSE games. This was one of the very few in-game that stood up to my Swampert in Ruby, let alone OHKOed it.

Years
    Aerodactyl - I really like its design, a few of its cards in the TCG, and using it in game.
    Kabutops - I really like their designs, using Kabutops in the TCG, and using it in the game.
    Tyranitar - I like using it in game, like their designs, and like using it in the TCG.
    Aggron - I like their designs and using it in game.

Years
    Voted Rhyperior line (even though I hate Rhyperior's design, I love Rhyhorn and Rhydon too much) and Amaura line.

I've always liked Rhydon since I was a kid, it has a really cool design and it was originally reasonably strong. As for the Amaura line, Amaura is literally the cutest thing every created, they might suck in battle but oh well.

Years
    Going with Diancie,t-tar and aggron!
    Diancie is such a great mon!Also once mega its a big threat that needs very specific plays to be countered!
    In rock poll if u dont vote for t-tar then who else should u vote for!
    Aggron is just for aesthetics as i had used it a lot during sinnoh!

Years
    While I know that the Rock type is one of the least popular, I thank everyone who voted for their favorites this week, especially since I wasn't around to help advertise it.

In a surprising turn of events, the two-time defending champions of this poll have been defeated, marking the first upset of the tournament so far. At the end of the week, it turned out to be Aron, Lairon, and Aggron rocking the competition, leaving the Tyranitar family on the outside looking it. Best of luck to the Aggron family in the finale!

And if you haven't yet, be sure to go check out the results of the Psychic type poll. The next round of voting should be up later tonight/tomorrow depending on where you live, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Aggron is probably my favorite of the Rock-types, so I'm glad to see that it won 8) Probopass and Cradily are my other two favorites, but maybe they'll win their other types' polls ;P

Years
    You have to admit I always pictured Tyranitar as everyone's favourite Rock-type, with Aggron (who oddly is Tyranitar's version-exclusive counterpart in X/Y) often having to play second fiddle, but man the tides have turned, and I'm happy Aggron finally surged to victory after two years in Tyranitar's shadow.

Also, Aggron winning here (along with Scizor in the Bug-type poll) means Metagross fans might now get a better chance of landing victory in the Steel-type poll.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    You have to admit I always pictured Tyranitar as everyone's favourite Rock-type, with Aggron (who oddly is Tyranitar's version-exclusive counterpart in X/Y) often having to play second fiddle, but man the tides have turned, and I'm happy Aggron finally surged to victory after two years in Tyranitar's shadow.

Also, Aggron winning here (along with Scizor in the Bug-type poll) means Metagross fans might now get a better chance of landing victory in the Steel-type poll.

Yeah that's very surprising. I don't like one more than the other, since they both have cool designs and their pros and cons can't make me decide. And
    at least Rhyperior is still 3rd, but Mega Diancie is right on his back!!! #Respect4Rhyperior

Last edited:
    Years
    Although I didn't comment before, Aggron is definitely my favorite Rock-type of all of them, given its titanic design, and having a lot of moves to use, even really weird ones. Quite a few Rock-types aren't all that interesting, but I do like Rhyperior, too.

Back