• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokemon element/type

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I like fire Pokemon the best, because fire is awesome, and alot of my favorite pokemon happen to be fire types.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Bug/Insect. A Type that very few like, a Type long underated. Until Ninjask came out, and suddenly everyone started using Heracrosses, Armaldos, Scizors... But I think Insect Pok?mon are the most intersting of all.

After Bug, I'd say Flying. Same reason from above, anyway.

Years
    I agree with Deviru, but I say Dark types as top tier. One being a counter to the ubiquitous whining of the Psychic overtypes in R/B/Y and a Pokemon type besides Poison to be used by the Rockets as all but one would be used by them in the course of the serieses.

Which is why I loathe anime episodes where the Darks whomp the Rockets. Just annoys.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Fire, Ghost, and Poison.

Fire becasue my favorite pokemon is that type.

Ghost becasue they are like so cool and everybody else are into Psychics and Darks. They may have like some of the screw up stats in the world but they a cool type.

Poison because they could be the storgest tyep there is. Slow death. Fast Death by Toxic. Stay alive long to watch them faint. Some like Nidoqueen and Nidoking are good. Its a shame they are consider the weakest.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Favourite type...hmm, that's a tough one. I usually tend to prefer certain pok?mon rather than certain types, I'm afraid I can provide you with no less than three favourites;

Ghost; Immune to both Fighting and Normal attacks and only two weaknesses, plus a lot of them are really strong and they learn sneaky moves like Will-O-Wisp, Spite, and Pain Split which I love to torment my opponents with. ^^ Besides, they're really cute, particularly Haunter and Banette (It's kind of ironic actually, I used to think Banette was scary XD).

Bug; A hugely underestimated type. A lot of them have a great deal of potential, take Shuckle for instance, enough defenses to make a grown sweeper cry in frustration. Another thing I like about Bug types is that most of them (Heracross and Scizor being perhaps two exceptions) require a good, working strategy in battle. Shuckle is of course my all time favourite of these, but I've recently begun liking Yanma and Forretress too.

Dark: I loved this type ever since I spotted that irresistable immunity to psychic attacks during my first playthrough in Silver. As we all know, psychic types, particularly Mewtwo Alakazam, held an unquestionably dominant position in the R/B/Y games. It was just too much fun when I fought against Arty and his oh-so-powerfull level 78 Alakazam in a link battle and it turned out that it couldn't do anything to my little Houndour. XD Besides, there are a lot of cool pok?mon in this type, like Houndoom, Umbreon, and Absol.

Overall, I tend to prefer the types that learn lots of moves for counter attacking or whittling away the opponent's strength rather than just straight out physical mashing (Fighting types I despise, *Spitts*), Grass (Leech Seed and lots of powders ^^), Water (Mirror Coats galore), and Steel (I looove that poison immunity, and that bunch of resistances rules too) are also types that I prefer. Nowadays, I tend to avoid using Fighting types (As I said, I despise them) and the same usually goes for Psychics, mostly because I'm sick of every second legendary pok?mon I run into being either fully or partly Psychic. <_< Come on, where's the Bug/Dragon legendary people? XD

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    if a pokemon is dragon, shouldn't it automatically also be either fire or ice or lightning and such? i mean, when you say "dragon" you usually think of fire and flying, unless otherwise specified. like when i look at dragonite, it looks like a flying/dragon/thunder to me. dragonair looks like a dragon/ice or water.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    My overall favorite type is Dark (*huggles Sneasel*), followed by Ice and Water.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    hi i am max and i was looking for a good topic to join and i thought this was the best one yet, my best type is dark and dragon and legendary pokemon

Back