• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Gender?

Prefered Pokemon gender

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Female because most male pokemon don't know attract, so having female pokemon makes life easier in that aspect.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Males because I'm pretty god damn sexist.

Nah, not really. I don't really care what the gender is in most cases.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Doesn't matter to me unless its that bee thing.
    There really isn't enough difference between the two for me to care.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Doesn't matter to me unless its that bee thing.
    There really isn't enough difference between the two for me to care.

Then you don't breed.

Gender is KEY in breeding. And Ditto of course

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    It really depends on the Pokemon for me. Some Pokemon I would much rather have a Male one, while others I would rather have a Female one. It also depends on what I'm going to Breed, and what I want the outcome to be (I don't breed too often, but every now and then I do).

Pretty much this. The issue doesn't really bother me, though it seemed odd how I had an all-male team throughout my main HeartGold game. I kind of feel grateful that I've got a female Cubone on my team currently. :)

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I have to have both on my team. I generally have more male Pokémon than female, but a lot of the females are among my favourites. My first level 100 was a female. :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well I've never really paid attention to the genders of the pokemon I catch but in my SS team I have 4 males and 2 females.

Years
    I tend to have male pokemon on me team.. always. My team is usually 90% all male. I don't know, it's just that most of the pokemon I catch are easier to imagine male in my mind. Such as Feraligatr-- though it's not hard to imagine female, it just makes me feel better when I have a male one. :/

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    What is this i dont even- No genderless category?! Come on, most of the cool pokemon are genderless... i'd have to say male. it used to be female, because of breeding, but i found out you could ditto a male pokemon. and they pass on egg moves, so i usually raise male ones, for the egg moves. But most of my team is female. I used to have a female Weezing. makes me shudder when i think about it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I tried to go through all of HG with only catching females. Aside from PokeWalker's, ones I need to transfer my ones from Pearl, the ones I actually get from Pearl and... Tauros, I've got only females and genderless on the game. :)

It's harder to find them but oh well, worthwhile to me. XD;

In other words! Fave is female <3

Lv1 Wolf

Wolf use howl
    Years
    I prefer male but i guess any guy would say that i think it has something to do with your friends being guys so you want male pokemon thats just my theory.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I'll vote for male because I have more male Pokemon, but it depends entirely on the Pokemon for me. For example, I would not have my Milotic be male, and I also would not have my Roserade be male. On the other hand, I only want male versions of Pokemon like Abra or Dragonite.

The Pokemon I like just seem more 'male' to me, I guess.

Kanye West

but you can call me great
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    Females because that's how Martin Louis The King Jr. gets down.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    It usually doesn't matter or it depends on looks, since I was pissed when I kept getting male Misdreavus.

Female Machamp and Male Gardevoir are awesome, though.

Back