• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon so far?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Tapu Koko or Mimikyu.

I was sceptical about Mimikyu before learning more about it and seeing it in game, now though I think it is an awesome Pokemon that I'll most definitely use on my team.

Years
    So far my favourite Pokemon from Alola is Bounsweet, Mudsdale is pretty cool too. I'm not counting starters for this otherwise it would have to be #TeamLitten ;)

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    Really hard for me to choose between Vikavolt and Mimikyu. I've never really bothered with the beginning Bug-types, since they've never been particularly powerful, but Vikavolt immediately showed a lot of potential! I loved Galvantula from B / W, so I was pretty happy to see another Bug / Electric type, and its ability is useful, too. I also really like its design. It looks like a firefly beetle hybrid to me, which I think is pretty neat.

Mimikyu, on the other hand, was one that had to grow on me. And thankfully, it did, and rather quickly. I think what really made me grow to love this guy was its backstory. It's really sad. And I love that it's also a Ghost / Fairy type!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I think I like Mimikyu the most... at lot of the designs haven't impressed me all that much but I like Mimikyu's look and typing

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Please don't hate me, but Popplio is my fave so far. It's just so cute, I even bought a Popplio t shirt in the artist alley at AMA and I love it. I can't wait for them to make plushies.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Here's all my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon from most favorite to least favorite:

Starters:
    Popplio-It's just so cute and adorable. I don't understand why people hate it :-(
    Litten-It's a cat.(I have my biases) and it looks very interesting with the red and black. Please let this be a dark type
    Rowlet-A lot of people like Rowlet, but personally I can't stand what it looks like now. It's not a bad design, but it doesn't appeal to me much. Hopefully it's evolution is good and not...*shudders...the Chesnaught syndrome...

Pokemon Released so far:
    Grubbin line- As soon as I find a Grubbin, I'm catching it. It is REQUIRED on my team. I knew it would be electric later on, but it's so cool in it's final stage. I absolutely adore it. I really hope this has decent stats. At least a base of 500.
    Mudsdale- This is also REQUIRED on my team. I hope I get one with the Stamina ability( seriously that ability kicks ass).
    Mimikyu-It just wants to be loved ;-;. I might get it, but I want to see it evolve first( Maybe with happiness?)
    Komala-I want to have it on my team simply for the fact of it being a koala and having a kickass ability, but I want it to be strong. I hope the ability doesn't nerf the chance of the Pokemon not having decent stats.
    Cutiefly-This has to evolve. I swear it has to have an evolution. It's a bee fly. It has to evolve into something decent. Please, Gamefreak. It's adorable!
    Comfey-Cute! I love the fact it has a neat ability and that it's a Lei.
    Salandit- Swipernoswiping IT'S BROKEN!
    Drampa-I like this Pokemon, but it doesn't appeal to me. It's probably the eyes. At least it's nice to children!(unlike some other Pokemon)
    Rockruff- Eh, it doesn't really appeal to me much, but a werewolf Pokemon is cool!
    Bewear- I can't BEAR these puns that people are making about this Pokemon. They are unBEARable.
    Bounsweet- Me on the outside: "It's cute"! On the inside: "Cherubi clone. Cherubi clone. Cherubi clone. Cherubi clone. Sinnoh Confirmed."
    Bruxish- I know it's based on the Hawaiian state fish, but even then they both are ugly as hell. they could've done something a little better with the colors.

Really, I like them all, and I'll give them a chance later with my Moon copy, but I can't wait! Gen 7 is on a roll!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    My favourites are Popplio, Vikavolt and Mimikyo.

Popplio- It's the water-type starter, it looks cute and kinda clumsy (like chespin from the anime) which makes it even cuter, so there's no doubt of it being one of my favourite Alola Pokémon

Vikavolt - I NEED THIS ONE MY TEAM PLS. I was never fond of bug-type Pokémon, but oh boy, this thing got me by surprise. I love its typing and its design looks BADASS. I want it :3

Mimikyo - This thing :3 <3 I love it so much. I like its concept, design, ability, typing (ghost/fairy? YES PLEASE),lore, absolutely EVERYTHING about this cutie *-* It just wants to be loved like Pikachu is ;-; How sad is that? Come to my team and you'll be loved <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Litten and Mudsdale are my fave new Pokemon. One is little and a bad a$$ and the other is a large tank with dredlocks. They share a similar color skeem too. Now we just need to get some ice types and ghost types in there to add in

Years
    My fave of the 7th Gen Pokemon so far is without a doubt Popplio. It's been getting love from me so much that it's threatening Oshawott's spot as my mascot Pokemon, but we'll see if it does end up dethroning the otter. The other two starters are good, but Water-type starters are always what I've been loyal towards.

Others I love include Comfey, Bounsweet, Bewear, Mimikyu, Salandit, Rockruff, Komala. Pikipek, Cutiefly, Drampa, Togedemaru and the Grubbin line. All the four legendaries are really awesome as well.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    CHARJABUG IS THE BESTT POKÉMON TO EXIST.

Mimikyu, Mudsdale, Litten, Salandit, Komala, and Bewear are also favorites.

Years
    My fave of the 7th Gen Pokemon so far is without a doubt Popplio. It's been getting love from me so much that it's threatening Oshawott's spot as my mascot Pokemon, but we'll see if it does end up dethroning the otter. The other two starters are good, but Water-type starters are always what I've been loyal towards.

Others I love include Comfey, Bounsweet, Bewear, Mimikyu, Rockruff, Komala. Pikipek, Cutiefly, Drampa, Togedemaru and the Grubbin line. All the four legendaries are really awesome as well.

Popplio for life! :)

For me it's:

1 Popplio
    2 Bounsweet
    3 Bruxish
    4 Mudsdale
    5 Cutiefly

And I love most of the rest.

Last edited:

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
    Popplio has already solidified itself as one of my favorites of this generation. I must protect it, lol.

I also really like Rockruff (!!!!!), Vikavolt, Mimikyu and Cutiefly. Salandit is pretty cool, too! And I do really love the new legendary pokémon.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Salandit, no doubt. There just weren't enough Pokemon in Gen VI that 4X resisted Fairy, piping Heatran into a number of teams as a one-size-fits-all. I'm hoping that it's the base evolution for Alola's psuedo-legend and it stands to shake up any meta game its a part of, providing niche typing for VGC and massive stall potential for Smogon formats.

Also if it is part of the psuedo-legend line, each of its evolutions will most likely see use in one of the lower tiers for Smogon.

Back