• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Special Arc

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    So, what's your favorite 'chapter' in Pokemon Special? My favorite is probably R/S, though I loved G/S/C and FR/LG as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    R/B/G and FR/LG for obvious reasons. I also enjoyed the R/S arc as well. The G/S/C arc was neat, but I didn't exactly read it all the way through until later, because when I first read it I only read the parts with Red. Same goes for the Yellow arc and Emerald Arc, though I don't think I've read either of those all the way through yet.

... so yeah. R/B/G and FR/LG arcs.

Years
  • R/B/G arc, I just like the entire story. Very true to the game, but with a darker tone. Of course, it also doesn't hurt Red is the main character! :3 My second favorite would probably be FR/LG, to see the original trio go on another adventure was amazing~ I also really enjoyed the Emerald Arc, just because it was something entirely new to the Battle Frontier story and because all 10 dex holders unite! :3

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    The Diamond and Pearl chapter is my favorite, so far. Hidenori Kusaka learned how to develop characters with perfect timing and realistic trait additions and alterations from the six chapters before D/P, and then he applied it for the arc itself. The plot suffered slightly (barely, actually), but I think the trade off was worth it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    G/S/C. I've always loved Johto so a manga set there is awesome. Also, Gold and Crys are probably still my favorite characters from PokéSpe. And the whole story there was cute in a way, deep in a way + it was connected with the R/B/Y arc which I thought was exciting.

The R/S arc is great too though, with the plot far surpassing the game's story. But I always thought that arc was missing something... it made Hoenn feel too small. Like, they reached the different parts of Hoenn too quickly and easily, while Red traveled for a long time (at least it seemed like he did) on foot in Kanto. I loved how they made Hoenn's landscape come alive though, putting jungles there and all.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    G/S/C for me. Gold, Ataro, Kris, and Silver = awesomeness.

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
  • I'd have to say the Yellow arc, the fact they brought the girl who Red taught to capture pokemon in the beginning of his arc coming back as the main character her special ability, and the whole battle with the Four Heavenly Kings/Elite Four was just amazing.

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • my favorite arc of all time was FRLG. since it included the kanto trio and silver <3, and interesting plot, and the jump rope and berry catching scene ^^

The R/S arc is great too though, with the plot far surpassing the game's story. But I always thought that arc was missing something... it made Hoenn feel too small. Like, they reached the different parts of Hoenn too quickly and easily, while Red traveled for a long time (at least it seemed like he did) on foot in Kanto. I loved how they made Hoenn's landscape come alive though, putting jungles there and all.
    i agree. partially, i think they did that so it would fit in with ruby's and sapphire's 80 day bet. for all we know, it could have taken red more than 3 months to travel through the entire kanto region.

finally, i liked the plot in GSC. the neo-team rocket was a nice twist :3

Oharo

&#803;
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I guess it was the Yellow arc. It was more interesting than Emerald to me.

Back