• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokemon type?

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
    My favorite types are Steel and Ice. I looked at my team the other day and noticed every one of them was weak to fire...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I would have to say that poison would be my favorite type, closely followed by water and ghost. Also, I absolutely HATE fire types. Don't know why, I just do. It's weird though, I don't like ground types, yet my favorite pokemon (cubone) is a ground type XD

STK

Char-bok-a!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    I like water-types the best. It seems most of my favorite pokemon are water-types. Maybe it's because I like sea-creatures a lot.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    My favorite type is the Music type.

Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Whismur, Caterpie and Heragungan are all awesome. Plus, they're super effective against Space and Dark type pokemon, while only being weak against Psychic types.

What's not to like?

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Oh what the heck. I'll just answer the topic.

My favorite types are Dark, Fire, Ice, and Electric. My least favorite is Fighting.

My favorite type is the Music type.

Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Whismur, Caterpie and Heragungan are all awesome. Plus, they're super effective against Space and Dark type pokemon, while only being weak against Psychic types.

What's not to like?

Music? Space? Am I missing something here?

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    Grass type. All the way.
    Fire type is popular because everyone loves the attack Flamethrower, and when thay think of Fire types, they think of Pokemon like Charizard and Blaziken.
    But, when people think of the Grass Type, they think of attacks like Stun Spore and Pokemon like Jumpluff.
    So basicly, I think Grass Types are misunderstood, and unintimidating. But, there are some Pokemon out there like Sceptile and Cacturne that kick some serious @$$.
    My second favorite is a tie between Psychic, Dark and Dragon. ^_^

EDIT: Music and Space are only in fangames, not official games, so you may want to edit your post, Brawling_Cookie_xoxo
    I don't know what it is, but Heragungan is not a real/official Pokemon (unless that's a Japanese name) It sounds like a Fakemon.
    You're probably getting real games confused with fan games.

Last edited:

Ruffresia

Johto Coordinator.
    Years
    I love water-type the most. Mostly because my favorite person trains those types, Misty. I also just love water Pokémon regardless. I also love grass-type Pokémon. I love their ability to inflict status conditions. Like, a Vileplume can render you paralyzed, confused, and attracted. Plus, grass-types can heal themselves with attacks like Synthesis, Aromatherapy, and Giga Drain. Serious pwnage. I also love plants as well as water in real life, so I think that has something to do with it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I like Dragon, Fire, and pretty much about every Pokemon Type in general. However, if I have to choose a certain type, it would have to be water. :] I adore most of the Water Pokemon, and Totodile was my first ever pokemon, so it just came along naturally.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Given that I'm posting on the third page now... I suppose the other thread expired.

Like before, I say Normal.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I personally liked bird pokemon ever since silver when I caught a pidgey and raised it and everytime a start a new game I also catch a bird pokemon in emerald I caught a tailow and trained it, in diamond I caught a starly and trained it.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Dark and Psychic because of my two favorite Pokemon, Umbreon and Espeon.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    My favourite types... Well, without a doubt, Bug and Dark (I've made a team of 6 lvl 55 Bug-Types) because they are good in my opinion

Back