• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite pokemon type

Whats your favorite pokemon type?

• Water

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Fire

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Grass

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Poison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Flying

• Normal

• Ground

• Rock

• Steel

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Phychic

• Fighting

• Dragon

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Ghost

• Ice

• Other

• Total voters

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Rioku_Zanketa said:
    nah.....surf,sheer cold,water fall,and dive aren't weak moves,buddy.....that just goes to sho how much you don't know about the power of flames.....like I said...in te hands of an EXPERT,.....fire is the strongest....boy,I'd wish there were some way I could prove it to ya...

Dude...Waterfall, Dive, and Sheer Cold are all pitiful moves which only total N00Bs use. Plus, Wailord royally sucks as water types go (I believe the only worse finally forms are Corsola and Luvdisc <<). So yeah. Besides, anyone who uses a water type against fire and resorts to Sheer Cold doesn't have a clue about what he/she is doing. If you took a break from pounding your N00B buddies and actually faced a competent Netbattler out there (Where level advantages are negated, mind you) you'd learn how much it amuses anyone with even a basic grasp of strategy when you call Fire types the best. With skilled battlers, I'd say Water trumps the most. That type only has two weaknesses which are Grass and Electric, Swampert and Lanturn nullify the Electric weakness abd a good amount of them have godly sp.defenses. I'd really love to see you take down my NB Suicune with a friggen' fire type. (Heck, I even a teamfull of them probably couldn't pull that off) If you do accept Shorties' challenge, let me know when you two fight. I could use a good laugh. Also, learn to use the full stop. Really, proper punctuation would make you sound a bit more intelligent. If you really HAVE to use the triple dot all the time, then at least keep it triple all around instead of jumping into quintuple and whatnot. <<

Ahem, on the actual topic; Grass is my favourite. There's a nice variety of type combos there along with several nice movepools. Plus, I just love messing up my opponents with status inflictors like Jumpluff. (Leech Seed and Jumpluff rock, if you disagree with me you're wrong. =P) And of course, that type has two of my very favourite pokémon in it. Yay for Cradily and Victreebel. ^0^ As a runner up I'd say ghost and bug. Ghosts are sorely underrepressented (Only six different species unless you count Ghastly, Haunter, Duskull, and Shuppet and two of them pretty useless too) and I like most of them. Especially Duskull...Duskull needs a hug, people! >O Ahem, the type has nice resistances and immunities too (Love blocking out Fighting and Normal moves). As for bug...so many people call them weak which is a faulty and demeaning stereotype. (Heracross and Forretress should be enough to prove that) The only ones who ever seem to get recognition from the non-competitives are Scyther and Scizor because they're supposedly "Cool" even though there are many more good bugs out there. << Also, I like Shuckle and Weedle and Caterpie, not because they're strong but in terms of appearance. =D

Last edited:

latios1993

Latios IS the best!!!
    Years
  • yeah everyone knows that no fire type can beat a water type, its just common sense. even if we werent talking about pokemon, fire still couldn't beat water.......unless it was like 200 degrees fehrinheit.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    yeah everyone knows that no fire type can beat a water type, its just common sense. even if we werent talking about pokemon, fire still couldn't beat water.......unless it was like 200 degrees fehrinheit.
    A good fire type can beat a Water type. -.- One Hidden Power [GRASS] from a good Fire type and it's bye-bye Swampert. Pwning Pokémon with an advantage against you, taking it by surprise is the best strategy there is.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    there's one thing wrong with you statement....hidden power is a NORMAL type attack.
    And you just proved that you don't know anything about Pokémon games. Hidden Power's type and power all depend on the DVs of the Pokémon. It can be any type depending on the DVs. I suggest you just keep quiet if you don't know what you're talking about.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • latios1993 said:
    there's one thing wrong with you statement....hidden power is a NORMAL type attack.

Only officially. The type and power actually vary according to the pokémon's DVs. Because DVs are decided at random, it's pretty useless ingame, but in Netbattle (Where you can decide them yourself) you see Hidden Power on all sorts of pokémon because it is, as Shorties pointed out, an easy way to widen your type coverage and beat opponents who technically have a type advantage. Most electric types would be completely worthless without it. xP

EDITNESS: Nyah, looks like I missed Shorties' post there. It's true what he says, though, especially the part about not arguing about things you don't understand.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • Alter Ego said:
    Dude...Waterfall, Dive, and Sheer Cold are all pitiful moves which only total N00Bs use. Plus, Wailord royally sucks as water types go (I believe the only worse finally forms are Corsola and Luvdisc <<). So yeah. Besides, anyone who uses a water type against fire and resorts to Sheer Cold doesn't have a clue about what he/she is doing. If you took a break from pounding your N00B buddies and actually faced a competent Netbattler out there (Where level advantages are negated, mind you) you'd learn how much it amuses anyone with even a basic grasp of strategy when you call Fire types the best. With skilled battlers, I'd say Water trumps the most. That type only has two weaknesses which are Grass and Electric, Swampert and Lanturn nullify the Electric weakness abd a good amount of them have godly sp.defenses. I'd really love to see you take down my NB Suicune with a friggen' fire type. (Heck, I even a teamfull of them probably couldn't pull that off) If you do accept Shorties' challenge, let me know when you two fight. I could use a good laugh. Also, learn to use the full stop. Really, proper punctuation would make you sound a bit more intelligent. If you really HAVE to use the triple dot all the time, then at least keep it triple all around instead of jumping into quintuple and whatnot. <<

Ahem, on the actual topic; Grass is my favourite. There's a nice variety of type combos there along with several nice movepools. Plus, I just love messing up my opponents with status inflictors like Jumpluff. (Leech Seed and Jumpluff rock, if you disagree with me you're wrong. =P) And of course, that type has two of my very favourite pokémon in it. Yay for Cradily and Victreebel. ^0^ As a runner up I'd say ghost and bug. Ghosts are sorely underrepressented (Only six different species unless you count Ghastly, Haunter, Duskull, and Shuppet and two of them pretty useless too) and I like most of them. Especially Duskull...Duskull needs a hug, people! >O Ahem, the type has nice resistances and immunities too (Love blocking out Fighting and Normal moves). As for bug...so many people call them weak which is a faulty and demeaning stereotype. (Heracross and Forretress should be enough to prove that) The only ones who ever seem to get recognition from the non-competitives are Scyther and Scizor because they're supposedly "Cool" even though there are many more good bugs out there. << Also, I like Shuckle and Weedle and Caterpie, not because they're strong but in terms of appearance. =D
    duh!!!!!plus,sorry,I don't waist time on the net,playing pokemon like that.....IMO there is somethin really strange about doin that...LOL.....anywho,I forgot to mention my statmen goes more out of pokemon......you'd just gotta see me with fire,and you'll know what I mean.....putting it simple,I'm a pyromaniac.....a strong one at that.....there's more than the world of pokemon dude......realize that..

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Grass is the best!! If they allowed two choices, I'd have chosen grass and poison. Poison works very well for me in the tcg games ^^

CoolLatios

um no
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2014
    Personally, I'm a big fan of Latios... *hugs Latios*

....er....

so I'd say Dragon. Latios, Flygon and Salamence are teh pwn. :P

I likve Electric/Psychic/Steel/Bug/Flying types as well. With an extra Breloom.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    duh!!!!!plus,sorry,I don't waist time on the net,playing pokemon like that.....IMO there is somethin really strange about doin that...LOL.....anywho,I forgot to mention my statmen goes more out of pokemon......you'd just gotta see me with fire,and you'll know what I mean.....putting it simple,I'm a pyromaniac.....a strong one at that.....there's more than the world of pokemon dude......realize that..
    What's so odd about playing Pokémon online? -_- And if you haven't noticed, this thread is about your favourite Pokémon type, which means whether you're a pyromaniac or not has nothing to do with it. =_= Besides, you were bragging about how you pwned a sucky Wailord and a horrible Kyogre with Blaziken, and I don't think you mentioned anything about fire in real life. Oh, and once again: This thread is about your favourite Pokémon type, not whether you like real fire or not. <.<

Back