• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite pokemon

Toast1229

Explorer Scholar Gentleman
Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    Its been a week since pokemon x and y came out, and i was wondering whats your favorite pokemon so far in your adventures?

My favorite so far is and old favorite known as Umbreon.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    My favorite Gen 6 pokemon is Aegislash. I didn't get to actually use one because I didnt want to waste the Dusk Stone on a non competitive Aegislash. Out of the pokemon I did use on my journey, Clawtizer was favorite, it had the tools to deal with most pokemon and it looked awesome when it used Scald and Aura Sphere.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Amaura for looks. So darn cute.

I'm also enjoying Gourgeist and am currently training one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Delibird, I don't care how bad it is or how bad people says it is. It gives people who are lost food out of it's own sack. I fell in love with it after I read that.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • The Amaura and Goomy line are by far my favorite Pokes in the game. I bonded with my Amaura when I decided to box my Spritzee because I didn't want to deal with trading and such. I almost didn't use my Amaura, but I decided to anyway and he is definitely my favorite member of my team. His name is Pandora. Goomy I think is crazy cute and I'm excited to use him when I get Pokémon X. c:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hawlucha is GOAT. The best Pokemon design in ages. It's this generation's Ludicolo.

Although I really like Tyrantrum as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    As for the all new pokemon, I love the design of Pumpkaboo and Phantump. I think they did great with the designs (overall) for this gen. As for favorite of all time, it would be Dugtrio/Swampert.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I like a good amount, but the winner is Aegislash hands down. It helped me through a lot of battles. Not only does he look like he is putting his hands behind his back in norm stance and looks like he saying haha bring it, but he also just looks awesome in his attack stand. Not to mention he has a unique typing.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll say my favourite 6th gen pokemon, since that's the forum we're in.

Malamar is my favourite, the second I saw him in coro coro I knew he was the one who'd be my favourite...even before we knew about the rest.

Top Five:
    1. Malamar
    2. Pumpkaboo
    3. Dragalge
    4. Hawlucha
    5. Delphox

Least favourite would probably be Litleo. Don't hate him but can't really gel with him either. Pyroar was a massive improvement.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    My all time favorite is Ditto. Just love that blob, I want one so I can squeeze it.

This generation has to surprisingly be Vivillon so far. I used one since catching it at the very beginning of the game. Surprisingly better than I expected and I love all the different designs.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    i'm loving noivern; he makes a great lead pokemon, and replaces mew as my flying pokemon of choice.

with frisk+thief, super fang for catching pokemon, and air cutter to knock down berries/kill swarms; all of his moves serve a unique purpose for my new pickup team.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Furfrou is now my favorite pokemon... I love furfrou.

Pangoro
    And most of the rest of the new ones. But furfrou is by far the best.

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Even though my favorite type of Pokemon has been Ghost since Gen II and I love all Ghost type Pokemon equally and unconditionally, I didn't have a favorite Pokemon until Gen III. It was love at first sight with Mawile with it's cute red eyes, long black "hair", and adorable little bell bottom pants. Mawile is the cutest Pokemon of all time and my favorite!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My favorite of this generation are Vivillion (due to it's many apperances), Delphox, and Hawlucha (due to being based on a Luchador...which makes it seem like the Ludicolo of this generation...plus them having unique typings where one is super effective against the other...).

Over all they are:
    1. Alakazam
    2. Scizor
    3. Rayquaza
    4. Luxray
    5. Kyurem...
    6. Delphox

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Tough to choose just one new favorite, so many cool designs this gen. My favorite designs though are these,

Pancham
    Pangoro
    Talonflame
    Tyrantrum
    Aegislash
    Meowstic
    Dragalge
    Trevenant
    Pumpkaboo
    Noibat
    Noivern
    Xerneas & Yveltal

That's a ton, but for me that's a hard list to slim down. There's just a ton of cool designs this time.

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • Sylveon by far, but I'm really liking the new guys overall.

I ran with Aegislash, Talonflame, and Trevenant (though Phantump is way cuter) and I enjoy all of them a ton. Just so fun to play with. Though, I've never had such a hard time picking a story team before. I must've switched teams completely like 10 times before it was all over. There's just so much that's offered.

It was hard to pick just one for a favorite, but Sylveon has got me through so much, is so powerful, and is just plain adorable too.

Back