• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Professional Sport?

Favorite pro sport?

• American Football

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Football/Soccer

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Baseball

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Hockey

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Basketball

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Golf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Automobile Racing

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Horseback Racing

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    Sorry if there's already a thread for this, I checked and couldn't find one. ;) Anyways, the poll pretty much explains itself. Vote for which professional sport you follow the most or are the most interested in, and then you can post what you voted and why!

My favorite professional sport is football (the American kind!). Even though my city's team is the laughing stock of the NFL, I root for them all season long and love to see them win (for those of you wondering, they're the Detroit Lions).

I'm interested to all your opinions, and sorry if I didn't add something to the poll that should be there.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    First off I just want to say well done for putting the choice "Football/soccer" as a lot of people probably would have just put "Soccer" and that's not what we call it where I live :D But yeah I chose football (or soccer to you Americans) I love it. It's probably the biggest sport in Scotland where I live. Most people say the reason they don't watch football is because of all the over dramatic diving the players do. Well in Scotland we don't have that problem as in Scotland the game is rougher. The only team that really dives/cheats is a team called "Rangers". I think you can see what team I support by my signature.

Years
    I put Other. My favourite sport is AFL, or Australian Football League. It's the national sport over here and unique to our country (there are leagues in America and South Africa and New Zealand and stuff, but they are very small). It's not just people running into each other like rugby, and it's not just people running up and down a field and scoring next to nothing like soccer[/opinion] so it's very entertaining. It's a fast-paced game. I go for the Hawthorn Hawks.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm between automobile racing (long time F1 fan) and association football. Although I find racing more entertaining, I always love watching a good football match.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I put Other. My favourite sport is AFL, or Australian Football League. It's the national sport over here and unique to our country (there are leagues in America and South Africa and New Zealand and stuff, but they are very small). It's not just people running into each other like rugby, and it's not just people running up and down a field and scoring next to nothing like soccer[/opinion] so it's very entertaining. It's a fast-paced game. I go for the Hawthorn Hawks.

This. AFL is pretty awesome. :) And it's the only sport I really enjoy watching. XD

(Thank God somebody else explained it /way too lazy)

Oh and I go for Crows.~

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    This. AFL is pretty awesome. :) And it's the only sport I really enjoy watching. XD

(Thank God somebody else explained it /way too lazy)

Oh and I go for Crows.~
    The mighty tigers will eat them for breakfast. ~

Yeah, I don't mind watching the AFL with my dad escpecially when we're members of the Richmond Footbal Club. It's really good to spend some quality time, father and son.
    I like to play gold which is great and it's extremely fun when I play against my dad and his mate. But besides watching AFL live and actually playing Golf, I love watching the tennis on TV late at night on a summer's night. It's entertaining and myself and my nan love watchng it together. :) It's like 'our thing' you know.

Years
    Haha more aussies than i thought.

AFL all the way! I go for Hawthorn and play for a local club so yeah ^^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Football. Always football. All other sports on TV just seem to bore me easily. But with Football, you can never expect anything when it comes to plays.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I love sports, seriously, any sport I can find a way to watch/play/talk about. But my favorite sports have to be Basketball/Football (NFL)/Hockey in that order. I'm a Chicago guy through and through. I've seen every Bulls game on CSN for the last two years, at least. I also live and die by how the Bears play on Sunday. I'm newer to the NHL and only really started paying attention last postseason (admitted bandwagoner, ya dig?).

zekes

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I want to be like the legendary Michael Jordan so I voted Basketball though my height isn't that right for that sports I actually dreaming to be one.

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    I'm going with swimming, since I'm a swimmer, and it's so fun to watch, but soccer/football comes in at a close second for watching.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Futbol, because I refuse to call it Soccer. :/
    Football is the only sport I really watch, although I like taking part in quite a wide variety of sports. A good game of football is always relaxing for me. And I enjoy playing it just as much.
    I watch Cricket occasionally. Haven't really been watching much of it as of late though. I enjoy playing Cricket however. :)

Years
    My favourite sport is hockey, but maybe it's just a Canadian thing.
    I also follow American Football, Baseball, Soccer and Golf to a lesser extent (in that order).

Years
    First off I just want to say well done for putting the choice "Football/soccer" as a lot of people probably would have just put "Soccer" and that's not what we call it where I live :D But yeah I chose football (or soccer to you Americans) I love it. It's probably the biggest sport in Scotland where I live. Most people say the reason they don't watch football is because of all the over dramatic diving the players do. Well in Scotland we don't have that problem as in Scotland the game is rougher. The only team that really dives/cheats is a team called "Rangers". I think you can see what team I support by my signature.

Haha, Love the way you stuck the sneaky little diss at rangers in.
    Freddie Ljungberg on the buzz for the hoops. <3 it

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    I'm a big fan of futbol. I wish the world cup would come around every two years instead of four.

Back