• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite rappers/rap music?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Tech N9ne
    Krizz Kaliko
    Mickey Avalon
    Pharell
    N.E.R.D.
    M.I.A.
    Kanye West
    Johnny Dangerous

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    My favorite rappers are:

• Kanye West (love his swagger)
    • Lil' Wayne (the things he say just blow my mind)
    • 50 Cent (he was better when he first started)
    • T.I. (another one with great lyrics)
    • Eminem (Vanilla Ice has nothing on him)
    • Jay-Z & Nas (put them together because they both had their "dry" years)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I love Rap especially if it is Old School Rap. But there are many mainstream rappers I like. But as for right now, there isn't that many because of Soulja Boy...*ugh* I don't like his music at all. But anyway, here are my favorite rappers of all time. They truly are real and not afraid to say anything that is on their mind. :3

Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Common, Tupac, Biggie, DMX, Ludacris, Missy Elliott, Timberland, Pharrell Williams, Snoop Dogg, RUN-DMC, The Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash, Kurtis Blow, The Sugarhill Gang, Afrika Bambaaata, Kool Moe Dee, LL Cool J, Ja Rule, Naughty By Nature, P. Diddy(aka Puff Daddy), Mase, The Black Eyed Peas, Queen Latifah, Craig Mack, Keith Murry, Wu-Tang Clan, Outkast, Redman, Foxy Brown, Lil' Kim, Salt-N-Pepa, MC Lyte, 50 Cent(before he went to Pop Rap...), Warren G, Dr. Dre, The Pharcyde, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, T.I., DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince(Will Smith), The Game, Eve, Da Brat, Busta Rhymes, etc...

Okay, that is all I am going to list. I am going to be here all day listing them, lol. Too bad mostly these rappers are getting overshadowed over that dumb Soulja Boy. x.x Everyone needs to remember most of these guys back in the day. Great music back then.

Last edited:

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Kanye West is really the only rapper who I consistently enjoy listening too. I even like his latest album a lot, despite having quite a lot of negative reviews (although I hope he returns to rapping for his future albums).

I really like Flobots, and I would like them even more if they didn't go overboard with politics in their songs.

Lil Wayne has some nice songs, but most of his music I can't stand. And that's pretty much it when it comes to my Hip Hop tastes. And btw, I hate Soulja Boy with a passion. His mother needs to take away his computer so he can't make any more of his crap.

EDIT: They slipped my mind earlier, but Gym Class Heroes and 3OH!3 are two of my favorite Hip Hop groups too. They make great music.

EDIT #2: Wow, I'm really bad at this, but put Fort Minor on my list as well.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It appears that most of you guys only like rappers who also do good rock toned songs or white rappers I have noticed the trend.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Let me name a few

Common
    Will.I.Am
    Papoose
    Missy Elliot
    Eve
    Da Brat
    Ludacris
    Del The Funky Homosapien
    Blackalicious
    Deadlee

and many more.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Let me name a few

Common
    Will.I.Am
    Papoose
    Missy Elliot
    Eve
    Da Brat
    Ludacris
    Del The Funky Homosapien
    Blackalicious
    Deadlee

and many more.
    Some of those aren't really mainstream, like Del. I consider Da Bart and Missy old school, but regardless I'm pretty sure Missy has been at least 1 rock track. Eve and Papoose are pretty meh IMO. Ludacris and Will.i.am have been on rock tracks before. Common is the only one that defies my response, because I'm pretty sure he hasn't been on a rock track. Though he is one of my favorite rappers.

Now that I think about it, I take back the part about me not being able to think of some, since after rethinking of my mainstream favs, most haven't done rock-like track. Ex. Talib Kweli.

----------------
    Listening to: Lady Sovereign - A Little Bit Of Shhh
    via FoxyTunes

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Maybe I should have brought up the ones like
    Kanye
    Biggy Smalls
    2 Pac
    Mike Jones
    Jim Jones
    Mims

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I used to care about rap like, 2 years ago.
    :P
    I've kinda moved on, but I STILL am a Tech N9ne fan!
    I also liked the G-Unit albums,(Get rich or Die Trying, The Massacre, Hunger for more, Welcome to Ca$hville, And Beg For Mercy.)
    But thats bout it.
    =O

Back