• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Regional starter?

Which is your favorite regional starter?

• Venusaur

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Carizard

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Blastoise

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Meganium

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Typhlosion

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Feraligatr

• Sceptile

• Blaziken

• Swampert

• Torterra

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Infernape

• Empoleon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serperior

• Emboar

• Samurott

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Unevolved is Piplup by far since it's so cute and also powerful! Evolved is Infernape, mainly due to the anime haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2012
    If Charizard is the Bruce Lee of Pokemon, then Blastoise is Bolo Yeung. I pick Blastoise.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Favorite Regional starter?

What's not to love? As soon as I saw Torchic, I fell in love with it's cuteness, and then I saw Blaziken... it's soooo awesome! :D It's a fighting chicken, what's not love?! :DDD

Anyway, as for my favourites in each region...
    Kanto: Charizard
    Johto: Meganium
    Hoenn: Blaziken
    Sinnoh: Empoleon
    Unova: Probably Samurott, although I've got an Emboar. XD

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • Thanks greg0915 for the starter sprites! It was really cool seeing them all together and comparing them. I don't think I had noticed before just how much the starters become more detailed-looking with every generation.

My favorite is and will probably always be Hitokage, though I think Mijumaru definitely captures second, followed by Pochama. I have super plushes of all three. I think Lizardon still tops my favorite starter evos, followed by Daikenki (gotta love the samurai theme, amongst other things), and then probably Bakuphoon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    Kanto: Charizard
    Johto: Feraligatr
    Hoenn: Sceptile

Weird how my type preference was different for all regions, wasn't intentional. Anyway Charizard looks cool but my favourite is Feraligatr.

Back