• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Rom-Hack?

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
  • Oh...^^ I've played a lot hacks, but the best out there are:

1. Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians: It's just plain awesomeness... The tiles, the music, the story and this special feeling... Sooooo epic!^^

2. Never Black and White: The tiles are so good and the story is one of the best stories ever!^^

3. Identity: The story is the most epic story I've ever played through. I was excited the whole playthrough long!^^ It's a little sad the creator didn't change the tiles...

4. Brown: These epic changes Coolboyman did to Red... They were just plain awesome!^^ When i played it, I was so addicted I could've played all day long!^^ Especially the Final Dungeon was awesome!^^

These are the best, but basically, I like every hack!^^

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • well my are in top 5

Pokemon Liquid crystal = awesome story \tile and bring back memory

Pokemon Shinygold = The influence of me hacking as of today

Pokemon Sienna = feel orginal and feel nintendo

Pokemon Dark Cry Legend Of Giratina = Epic tile,great graphic and there a torn world

Pokemon Light Platinum best in graphic and tile,awesome script and love it taste of palette

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    Shiny Gold - Brought me back to Pokemon.....Liquid Crystal - Great Remake,I aways loved the Crystal Version......Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends - very original,love the remapping,the story,the LEGENDARIES,pretty much everything about it.....Pokemon Light Platinum - Great Graphics for a GBA game,love the tiles......Pokemon AshGray - I love anime remakes especially very acurate ones

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • I disagree. The FR tiles are great with VGAura's mapping.:)

Well, most if the time, yes but some new tiles for the sewers would be awesome (the water is okay but not these things where you have to walk through, this purple stuff, it looks too quarish!^^) That comment was mostly meant for this!^^

(I know this comes a little late...^^)

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I go for Rijon Adventures, i love the story and environment more than other hacks.
    -second might be the whole ruby destiny saga, im liking it

ps my love for Rijon is in trouble: how can you stop it from freezing when you get to the silph warehouse boss??

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    My favorite ROM hack is definitely Pokémon ShinyGold. With the exception of the title screen, everything about it is very professional.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • definetely sinnoh quest. i love how it is exactly the same as ruby, except with sinnoh pokemon, one new place which is really badly mapped, and no wild pokemon.

then again, shubshub's hacks are really good too.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • It's very close. As always I give a top 5.

5. rijonadventures - Very well made but lacked plot and momentum.
    4. Sienna & Infernal Legend (tied) - Both very well made hacks with simple, but effective storylines, and well-balanced regions.
    3. Naranja & Crono (tied) - The hacks that first got me interested in the hacking world. If only Naranja was finished!
    2. Identity - A storyline Alistair Gray would be jealous of.
    1. LightPlatinum - Absolutely faultless. The perfect hack.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Pokemon Naranja..
    First rom hack that actually inspired me to do something. I also enjoyed playing it, alot.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    @TheCynic: Would you mind sending me or pointing me to where I can find Crono? Every time I've tried to get it, the download has been down.

WOW. Disregard. Must have been thinking of some other hack. Whoops.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    No doubt: for me brown is The best Hack(none is such original and so in-depth hacked: 4th gen pokemons in a 1st gen game, how could one make better; not to mention the totally rebuilding of the whol game).
    Second place is prism (i liked so much the invention of the lights to be turned on not with flash[HM05] buth with an electric pokemon)..

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    Rinoh Adventures. Also, Liquid Crystal > Shiny Gold. Just my opinion. :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, the only ones I've played are Rijon Adventures, and Brown... but safari is looking pretty incredible.

Back