• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starter Across the Generations?

Favorite Starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Charmander

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Totodile

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Treecko

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Torchic

• Turtwig

• Chimchar

• Piplup

• Total voters

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    This has most likely been done, but I'm curious.

Your favorite starter, and why?

Mine would have to be... Cyndaquil.
    Because Typhlosion is a freaking bear-ferret-fire beast.

Close in second is Squirtle, for similar reasons (turtle-cannon-water beast).

Windchaser54321

A Custom User Title
    Years
    For sentimental reasons, Cyndaquil- Gold was my first Pokemon game, and Cyndaquil was my first starter, and I also got Cyndaquil as my Pokemon in the Mystery Dungeon games.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    Torchic. I don't realy like it's evos so I just keep torchic unevolved because It looks so cute. Cyndaquil come in second because it's so awaomw and in third come all three water starters. Water types are always cool even magikarp is awesome because it evolves into gyarados.

Ace00

The Guillotine
    Years
    Charmander FTW mostly cause it was the first pokemon i ever chose and because it was also the first shiny i ever got and i have traded him up through every generation so i have a shiny charzard now :D

Ayselipera

Hmm after thinking this over I'm pretty sure its Bulbasaur. I love all its stages and I really can't think of any problem I have with it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Cyndaquil, because Quilava is one of my favorite Pokemon. Also, gonna move this to Pokemon General.

Wobbubobafett

my backpacks got jets
    Years
    Squirtle :3333 it and alls its evos are rad
    It was the first pokemon I ever choose,
    I really like Bulbasaur too except for how retard venusuar looks, ivysaur is cool but venusuar is just so ugly.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    That's a easy one for me... the Charmander evolutionary line is my favorite.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    lol, the fire starters suck

Bulbasaur. I like all the grass starters the best, and I go back and forth between the four, but I'll pick it because Venusaur is dominating UU atm. =D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    chickorita because it was my first favorite pokemon, treeko because its freakin cool, and mudkip because who doesnt like mudkips?

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
    The grass starters are definitely my favorites! Chikorita is my absolute favorite out of the four. Followed by Bulbasuar, Treecko, and then Turtwig. But I think Chikorita is so adorable and I enjoy Johto a whole lot.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    one of them would be Bulbasaur because it has awesome evos and I think it's pretty strong. I love Totodile, it was the first starter I ever had, it's adorable and it and it's evos have awesome moves. Treeko, because it's like a lizard :) and is all around awesome. And lastly but not leastly, Chimchar, I find it to be amusing on the anime, and it's just an awesome fire type.

I love all the starters though, and in each gen there's always one starter that stands out to me.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    treecko is so cool, calm and collected. My pathetic kind-of theme should show how obsessed i am with sceptile. I made a clay model of a sceptile, its rubbish but a prime example of devotion!

Back