• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starter Pokemon

SceptileTsutaja

Pkmn New Dawn Trainer/fakemon
    Years
    apparently all but one pokemon in my 6 favorite pokemon is a starter
    Sceptile (also my fav pokemon of all time)
    pikachu? (is pikachu a starter? cuz it is in pokemon yellow) (my second favorite pokemon of all time)
    bobour (the final evolution of pokabu) (my 3rd fav all time)
    charizard (4 all time)
    (just incase u were wondering wich one of my six fav pokemon isnt a starter, its suicune at #5)
    Bayleaf (6 all time)

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    Ugh this is such a hard question to answer!! I love so many and I dislike so many!

I think I'd have to go with Chikorita, I think she is adorable, she's not as strong as the other two in this gen but I dunno something about her makes me love her, prob from the anime

then after chikorita I like

Bulbasaur,
    Squirtle,
    Totodile,
    Wotter

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Squirtle, because it was the first starter that I ever got and because of that, I have made it my own personal tradition to go for the water starters on the first playthrough of every new generation. Second favorite is Charmander because Charizard is just plain awesome.

Years
    Kanto: Squirtle
    Johto: Totodile
    Hoenn: Torchic
    Sinnoh: Chimchar
    Isshu: Pokabu

But my favorite out of all of those is definitely Squirtle. It's just sooo... original, and it's adorable~ I'm just not sure what type I prefer of the starters... :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's see...

Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Torchic, Charmander, Pokabu and Mijumaru. As you can see, I like fire starters a lot more than any other type and starters from most generations except the 4th. And yeah I have too many but I can't just pick one from each generation. ;______;

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I generally don't dislike starters, so it goes like this:

Unevolved
    1 - All of them bar Chikorita.
    2 - Chikorita.

2nd stages
    1 - Quilava
    2 - Ivysaur/Charmeleon/Wartortle/Croconaw/Bayleef/Combusken/Marshtomp/Grovyle/Grotle.
    3 - Prinplup/Monferno.

Final stages
    1 - Sceptile.
    2 - Swampert/Blaziken/Charizard/Venusaur/Blastoise/Feraligatr/Torterra/Empoleon.
    3 - Typhlosion.
    4 - Infernape.
    above 100th place - Meganium.

As you can see, I generally like starters, apart from Chikorita/Meganium, and the Chimchar line (although Chimchar is cool enough).

Still, overall, my favourite starters of each type would be....

Favorite Starter Pokemon
    Favorite Starter Pokemon
    Favorite Starter Pokemon

(Blaziken is tied with Charizard, but Charizard's sprites aren't that good).
    Notice how the fire-type one is the only non-quadraped I like? haha, I'm so sad pointing that out...

Ebi15

Balanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Johto: Chikorita
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Piplup

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I'm here to type POKABU! I mean...it's so cute and huggable, and it's so small like OMG! AHHHHH!!!!!! XDD

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Region - Pokémon

Kanto - Squirtle
    Jhoto - Chikorita
    Hoenn - Treecko
    Sinnoh - Turtwig
    Isshu - Mijumaru

And then ... all the rest of the starters fail.

In my opinion,
    none of the starters are bad at all. Even the fifth generation starters are cool.
    The reason why some people think they are bad is because we are not used to them.
    Many people like to look back at the original starters with nostalgic happiness, yet the newer ones haven't had that kind of love......yet.

Back