• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite team styles

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    What team style do you tend to gravitate towards? Or do you have no preference?

Offense: Uses primarily fast, offensive Pokemon to put pressure on the opposing team until it lets up.

Balance (aka Bulky Offense): Same as offense, but tends to have a defensive backbone to fall back on.

Stall: Uses primarily defensive Pokemon to wear down the opposing team using passive damage like entry hazards, weather, and status.

Heavy Offense: Uses a large amount of set-up sweepers alongside a specialized lead (usually with entry hazards and/or dual screens) that focus on attacking the same counters to eventually break through. Usually with a low amount of switching involved because momentum is critical. Tends to be more fragile than offense.

Sirfetch’d

I like bulky offense when battling because you always need a defensive mon or two to fall back on. If you rely too heavily on just offense you can quickly lose momentum and be swept by the opposing team due to being too fragile. You can still use powerful Pokemon in this style of play, but having slower mons that can tank powerful hits and then still fire back a powerful attack is the best style of play for me. I am also a HUGE fan of stall and I wish I could pull it off because not many people do, I just haven't been able to successfully make a good stall team yet. Hopefully soon I can become better at stall and then it would likely become my preferred style of battling.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like offense because hitting hard is my style. This style also tends to be risky, so I include a few defensive Pokemon in the team to compensate.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • If I had to choose one of the choices mine would be balance. But more specifically my team focuses on being the first ones to strike but not necessarily with brute force. I hope to always have an equal or better situation with the opponent by having type advantages. I strive to also be unpredictable.

In a nutshell that's how I would describe my team and strategy :).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I tend to go for offense as well. When I first started I went for heavy offense, but now I like the idea of offensive support Pokemon such as Starmie and Tyranitar, to balance out my team.

Years
  • I try to fool around with new move sets and unorthodox pokes, and the teams I create usually end up having a Defensive and SpDefensive Tank, and 2 Sweepers of Attack and SpAttack. I incorporate an Anti-lead and a Rapid Spinner, and use status effects to whittle you down.

Years
  • As someone that sucks at competitive battling, I always preferred weather abusing teams as weather is just so powerful when played correctly.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I tend to rely on a bulky offense strategy with a little more offense than most, but not enough to classify as a heavy offense team. I'm the perfect combination of both! Okay, maybe not the perfect combination, but it works for me most of the time.

SomaQL

The Varia Suit
    Years
  • I normally run Hyper-Offense, althought I've been resorting to the time honored tradition of
    1fast special (normally my scarfer)
    1bulky special (normally sub/calm mind)
    1 fast physical (normally my lead aka. Purugly w/life orb for freedom of choice)
    1 bulky physical (normally banded or rest talk.
    1 defensive core (Wartortle/Stunfisk is god, along with Leafeon Stunfisk)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Stall teams could be taken out with the help of Taunt, but I still prefer those kind of teams. It could be a little boring to use stall teams, but when you've got everything set up, the opponent will be having a hard time trying to break your stall. If your opponent fails to get through your stall, then you'll be winning the match in no time. I've won countless amount of battles with stall teams.

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    I generally go all out offensive; no weather teams, or setting up entry hazards, which has worked out well for me so far. My newest team is balanced, so it's hard to get used to.

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
    Years
  • I tend to use heavily offensive sandstorm teams so I can do plenty of damage with sweepers while doing small amounts of damage with sandstorm, I don't use entry hazards so the battles tend to be cut short with me just doing insane amounts of damage.

Back