• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Theme/Intro Song?

Years
  • I've always caught a lot of heat for this, but I actually prefer Jhoto League's theme song to the original and it's my favorite overall.

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • why catch heat for johto!? i think it's objectively one of the better, not just because it's a classic.
    i like the first one but i think i like it even better when they rerecorded it for XY!!

other than that I love DP...... (and some japanese bops)

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • a lot of people hate on it but I actually really adore the first US Diamond and Pearl intro! It's pretty fun

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    If we're talking dub openings, Master Quest, Battle Dimension and Galactic Battles have a special place in my heart.
    As for Japanese openings, Battle Frontier and LetZ Go! are my favorites.

Years
  • Probably one of the hardest questions to answer tbf, like there's so many intros I love! When it really comes down to it, I'd say the original Indigo League has to be my favourite, purely from nostalgia and that objectively it's a really good intro that fits the series perfectly. Although any of Johto Journeys, Master Quest, Advanced, Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier could easily take second place, you can see I have a lot of favourites haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Gonna go full genwunner here, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone wouldn't prefer the first one. I mean, c'mon :)

I'm just disappointed that the Mewtwo & Mew scene at the beginning never actually happened.

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • the first is pretty iconic!!
    a runnerup for me is definitely the first Japanese XY opening, beautiful vibes

Years
  • I really liked the first dub Johto opening! Man it was sooo catchy. The original Kanto opening is iconic yeah, but that first Johto one is just super good and always made me super excited as a kid.

The Japanese openings are super imo though otherwise, and I have many favorites from those. Top being Battle Frontier from Advance Generation, Let'z Go from XY&Z, and Your Adventure from S&M!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Spurt! from Advanced Gen, also Watashi Makenai from the same gen.

High Touch from DDPt.

DoriDori from XYZ, also!

In english, probably Master Quest and the Pokemon Advanced theme songs, but I didn't find the dub music to be as catchy as the JP OP/EDs.

Back