• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Type of Episode

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • To me there are a couple categorizes of episodes that encompass the whole series, this also branches out in to sub categorizes as well. So what are your favorite types of episodes?

Battle Centric - (Rival Battles, Gym Battles, League Battles, Competition Battles, Battles in General)

Capture - (Essentially were the is focused on the capture of a said pokemon, or an episode were captures occur)

Competitions - (Like EP029 The Punchy Pokemon, EP033 The Flame, Pokemon-athon, EP052 Princess vs. Princess, DP091 One Team, Two Team Red Team, Blue Team!)

Contests - (obviously the competitions May, Dawn, and Jessie took part in during the Hoenn and Sinnoh Saga's)

Character Development - (This could extend to personality, back story, new attacks, getting stronger too some extent like the recent Oshawott episodes in BW031 & BW035. Not only does this include the pokemon but the cast.)

"Bad Guy" Group Centric/Team Rocket Centric
    - (Episodes the focus on the criminal syndicates of that region and the gang trying to stop them. Or it could be one of those Team Rocket episodes were it focuses on some of their back story.)

Fillers - (Pretty much anything that hasn't been mentioned. This could be a comedy driven episodes, help a pokemon out episode, find a lost item, help out a character. Basically anything that doesn't effect or add to the main story)

My personal favorite would be the Battle Centric type episode I love seeing Ash battle either his Rivals or Gym Leaders. Then when it gets down to the League he always seemed to meet even more rivals or some broken trainer that adds to the excitement.

My favorite series is the Indigo League arch, but I also really like the Orange Island episodes. Favorite Indigo League episode is probably the one where Ash and friends visit Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town. My favorite Orange Island episode is the one about Pinkin Island. I guess I generally like filler episodes best, as long as they are centered around an interesting topic. I also like Team Rocket-centered episodes.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I'm sick of battle centric episodes, it's always the same for me. I obviously prefer Team Rocket character development episodes ♥.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Competitions - I love those mini completions. 1) Better than a boring filler. 2) Ash/co get some training done. 3) Get to see your favorite pokemon in battle actually competing for something than just a random encounter. Oh, I'll also like to throw in that I hate those lost item episodes. They just end up finding the item in the end which pretty much makes the episode seem like puff.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Character Development - Because I like to know more about the people I'm watching to create a closer bond and understanding of them

"Bad Guy" Group Centric/Team Rocket Centric - They spice up the show. And i like to know what they'll do next or what they're up too.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    All of those categories really, unless it's just a really pointless filler. Every episode to me really has it's own strong point, I've always enjoyed watching one of the Main characters compete in a Gym or Contest, watching Ash capture or Evolve a Pokémon, even those really funny fillers, like "Where no Togepi Has Gone Before."

Although, I will say that for some reason it's always interesting watching Evil Team episodes.

Years
  • Captures, battles, competitions and episodes when Pokemon evolve are my favorite kinds of episodes.

I'll agree with you, I love it when they catch a new Pokemon, one of their Pokemon evolving, battles and competitions.

I like the contest episodes too - especially the ones in DP.

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
    Years
  • Character Development I like best because it is interesting to know all about that Pokemon. Also episodes that focus on one person like the Pokemon Chronicles episodes that focus on Misty like Cerulean Blues.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    The competitions and battles for sure. I love watching them, so much fun and excitement!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I love the Gym battle episodes. Gym battles are something we can all relate to, and I love seeing the people we battle against in the game come to life in anime-form.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • The Battle-centric episodes tend to stir up a lot of emotion in me, so they're my favorite. I don't know why, but I find cartoons much more emotionally powerful than real people.

Back