• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Type of Sword?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    What is your favorite type of swords?

This is a list of types of swords found through history all around the world, in this list they was divided by region, in my opinion every region have their own characteristic, and this is not the most complete data, so you also can choose another type of sword if you know another type of sword although not listed on the list.

Happy Voting guys.

- North America:

Spoiler:

- Africa:

Spoiler:

- Americas:

Spoiler:

- Asia:

Spoiler:

- Europe:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    My favorite sword would be a Katana because a Halberd is not a sword and it is not listed on there :<

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    @Drakow: Yea.. your sword looks cool.

@Galukxy: You can choose another type of sword if you know another type of sword although not listed on the list, I also say that the list is not complete after all. =)

Now I will tell my favorite as well:
    - Estoc. this sword is categorized as Long sword which is looks very cool for me.
    - Rapier. this sword is looks beautiful, and light, although heavier than the small swords.

DoctorSlavic

Shotgun Doctor
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    I have to agree with jcsimpson. Scimitars are the best. I like the way they curve, so blood would just roll off.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Katana's and Hook swords are win times infinity. But hook swords would take a while to master.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    My favorites would probably be the Schiavona and the Pistol Sword. (How do you go wrong loving yourself a pistol sword, I ask you?!)

Years
    Probably the Claymore, mainly because it looks pretty amazing and noble, not to mention the fact that William Wallace used it to masterfully bring down British armies, back in the day.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Zweihänder; they're lighter and more useful than they look, long enough (ie. 5ft) to be used as a polearm too.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like the Ninja sword the best which I guess would fall under the Asian swords.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    i prefer hand and a half swords my self, better known as a bastard sword,

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Katana - I love drawing people wielding Katana, in fact, they're my most commonly drawn weapon.
    Claymore - This may be due to me reading the Claymore manga, but I actually like the design.
    Scimitar - I love the vicious curve that most Scimitars have.

BTW, most of the Asian swords there came from the Philippines!
    Really?
    Which ones?

Back