• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite type Pokémon

Favorite type Pokémon

• Grass type

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Water type

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Fire type

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Electric type

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Normal type

• Ice type

• Dark type

• Ghost type

• Psychic type

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Fighting type

• Steel type

• Rock type

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ground type

• Flying type

• Poison type

• Bug type

• Dragon type

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Despite them being fairly week and hardly used I like ice types. They look cool and get some sick STAB's

Years
Water-types of course, because they are always a necessity to a team and they have very balanced stats to go with it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
I love the Dragon type, almost every Dragon type Pokemon draws my attention and I try to use at least one Dragon type in each of my teams. They do take a bit of time to train, but it's worth it in the end. :D

Years
While I don't actually use them that often, Ghost is probably my favorite type. It helps that they are immune to Normal and Fighting type moves from the start, plus you can start seeing some really interesting combos that are tough to beat (Ghost/Dark, Electric/Ghost, Ghost/Dragon, etc.).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Water types, are my official favorite. My top 5 favorite Pokemon (in order: Dewott, Buizel, Oshawott, Samurott & Floatzel) are all water types. My top 4 favorite attacks are Water Types as well (Surf, Aqua Tail, Scald, Aqua Jet). I can also use them to surf across the water.

what about my other favorites? - Water first, then I like in order:
• Fighting types (mainly because of Mienfoo, Mienshao, Timburr, Gurdurr, and Conkeldurr)
• Normal types (Watchog, Patrat, Bibarel, Linoone, Zangoose), they can learn attacks from other types
• Grass types (Snivy, Servine, Serperior, and starting to like Leafeon as well)

Last edited:
Years
My top 5 is Fire, Dark, Flying, Fighting and Ice with Fire being my ultimate favourite but recently I've been trying to use a lot of other types I wouldn't normally use :)

RK9

Pokémon Professor
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
I've always been partial to Fire, Water, and Dragon.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
i have quite a few favourite pokemon these days, there mainly from gen I & II and there all from different types. but i would have to say that my favourite pokemon type would be psychic. just because they can really mess with your plan of attack.

for example, using hypnosis. then using a move like dream eater, or future sight. you can deal massive amounts of damage. and if you use stat raising items such as iron, protein. ect. because most psychics defences are rather low. if you raise them, they become practically unbeatable.

Years
i have quite a few favourite pokemon these days, there mainly from gen I & II and there all from different types. but i would have to say that my favourite pokemon type would be psychic. just because they can really mess with your plan of attack.

for example, using hypnosis. then using a move like dream eater, or future sight. you can deal massive amounts of damage. and if you use stat raising items such as iron, protein. ect. because most psychics defences are rather low. if you raise them, they become practically unbeatable.
But if someone outsmarts Psychic with speed and seeing that Psychic types have very low defense then what????

Sirfetch’d

Oh god, probably water type because there are so many and almost all of them are cute and really strong, however Bug and Normal types are close behind because so many cute ones!

If I am basing this on a competitive standpoint I will choose Dragon, because they are OP

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the Water and Dragon types because of their good neutral coverage. Some of the Pokémon of those types have good designs too.

Fujiko

Devon Corporation Secretary
Years
I like Ice types most of all.
I'm hoping some cuter Poison types come up in later generations though xD

Nakala Pri

ELECTRIC TYPE FOR THE WIN! I love them because their designs always rock and they're just so gorgeous and cuddly! Like me, teehee!

PERV! Fancy checking a young girls trainer card! xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm not sure if I have a definite favorite type. I tend to like pokémon based on other things than their typing. Mostly what they look like and what kinds of attacks they learn.

But perhaps I'm partial to fire, because fire moves are pretty strong and there are many fire pokémon that I like a lot.

Regarding moves, I tend to love using ground type moves. And electric moves. So those might be my favorite types when it comes to moves specifically.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I voted Ghost.

Really, I love Pokemon from all types.. Ghost, Ice and Poison are probably my favorites. And I like Grass for the mix of life-absorbing, healing/status and pure offensive moves. And I love the name of a lot of Dark moves.. Sucker Punch, Punishment, Payback, Foul Play.. All sound so cool.

Back