• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Types and New Type Ideas

What is/are your favorite type(s)

• Normal

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Fire

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Water

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Grass

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Electric

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Ice

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Fighting

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Poison

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Flying

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Psychic

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Bug

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Rock

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Ghost

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Dragon

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Steel

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Water's my favorite.

But I like a lot of other types so much too. u_u
    Grass, psychic, ghost, dragon, ice, dark...

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
    Can't get cooler than electric pokemon tbh.
    They are generally yellow AND have cool moves which of the majority have thunder in their name....

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    1. Grass: Reason: All the great Pokemon are grass types.
    2. Fighting: Some are very cute.
    3. Poison: Most poison types are pretty good to use in battle.
    4. Ice: Most ice type attacks are great.
    5. Dark Weavile, Sneasel, Tyranitar, Houndoom and other great Pokemon are dark types.

Those are my five favorites.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Merged KingAlex's two-page favorite type thread in here, since this was already active~

Falcon Wing

PokeMafia Member "Weavile"
    Years
    I favor Dark types,fiendish and evil cunning little creatures they are. As for a new type?

Neon Type? Sort of a light-type but mixed with fire, It overpowers Water and is weak against Steel. The common Neon-Type Pokemon is a mix of solid and gas, like earthly creatures or something. Just brainstorming, lol.

Wh1teW01f

This is my "Awesome" face
    Years
    It's time to tally the votes! In first place, we have Water with 21 votes! In second place, we have Fire and Dark with 18 votes! In third place, we have Ice and Psychic with 16 votes! And in dead last, we have Rock with only 2 votes!

Okay so the new types that you guys want to see so far is:
    Light/Pure/Holy, Radioactive/Virus, Sound/Sonic, Energy/Aura, Crystal/Glass, Elastic/Rubber, Wind/Air, Gravity/Space, Magnetic, and Lunar/Celestial!

Keep voting and posting evoryone!

Last edited:

ShinySilver

Johto Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Fav Type

My fav type is '???'... Nah ha, my favs would be Psychic and Ghost.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I'm rather keen on Water, Flying, as Psychic Types. Flying seems to be my favorite of the three.

Even though I thought before that the types that we have now are fine as-is, now I see that they aren't totally fair. Everybody's bound to have a fighting and dark type on their team, but nobody really wants a poison type.

I think the normal type is good as-is. Some normal types, like Kecleon and Castform, don't retain normal as their type while others like Granbull and Clefable have a large palette of moves to choose from. It's one of the "pros" to that type.

I had this idea initially that all Ghost types should be immune to all physical attacks and Dragon types would be either immune or resistant to special attacks. Then came the day I realized that Giratina was both Ghost and Dragon, so that kind of destroyed that.

Psychic pretty much covers all outer-space types. Deoxys, the Metagross family, and the Bronzor family are all psychic, and I don't know what kind of galaxy moves you would have a Clefairy family member learn.

If Pokemon had to add on more types, I'd say a Light type to defeat ghost, dark, and possibly water (water is such an abundant type, yet it has less weaknesses than grass and fire). Take that, Wonderguard Spiritombs! As far as weaknesses go, light-types should be weak against psychic and dragon types so then psychic can get back into the game and dragon now poses a type threat beyond itself. Pokemon such as Meganium (Typhlosion and Feraligatr also need a secondary type, Ground and Fighting or Dark, respectively), Bellossom, Sunflora, the Togepi family, the Swablu family, Illumise/Volbeat family, Pikachu family, Marill family, Plusle/Minun family, Pachirisu and its forecoming evolution, Finneon family, Mew (Mewtwo will get a second type, Dark), Manaphy and Phione, Cresselia (Darkrai would get Ghost as a secondary type), and Shaymin in its land form.

Sound is a possibility. There is just barely enough Pokemon to make this type possible, such as the Whismur family, Jigglypuff family, Chatot, Yanma family, Chimecho family, Kriketot family, Politoed, and possibly the Voltorb family. But I don't think this would make for a competitive type, I can only imagine a strength against ground types and weakness against flying.

The other type, which they kind of already have, is the "???" type. Unown would have that as a type (instead of Psychic), along with usually normal type Pokemon that don't stay normal usually in battle like Kecleon, Castform, Ditto, and Arceus without a plate. It would neither be strong nor weak against any type.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    My favorite types are Dark-, Psychic-, Ghost-, Grass-, Fire-, Water-, Electric-, Ice-, and Normal-Types.

As far as new types go, I say the following:

Light Type should be added because there are a whole slew of Pokemon that can be Light-Types (Sunflora, Togekiss, Pichu, Cresselia, and Manaphy are a few examples). As far as weaknesses, it should be weak to Poison-, Ghost-, Psychic- and Dark-Types since all four are types which corrupt Light (Plus, it gives Dark, Psychic, Ghost, and Poison another advantage.)

Wind Type is desperately needed! There are a surplous of attacks (Razor Wind, Gust, Twister, Whirlwind, jsut to name a few) that are wind-oriented. Plus, Pokemon like Castform, Drifloon, and Skymin would do better as Wind-Types simply because it fits better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back