• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Version of Pokemon

Whats your favorite version of pokemon?

• Red

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Gold

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Silver

• Crystal

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Ruby

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Emerald

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • FireRed

• LeafGreen

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2006
    Mine is Red. Old, yet classic, and so many fun cheats to mess around with. The pokedex is pure genius, every single pokemon is memorable and genuinely associated with pokemon. I'm not that fond of newer versions, even though they are fun to play.

Red was the first version i ever got, and i played it non-stop on my Pocket. Good times...

I hope ppl here agree with me that RBY is so original that it cannot be overlooked by any of the other versions.

Latios&Latias381382

rofl, Mac.
    Years
  • Oh my favorite version is actually both Red and Blue because there is alot of glitches that you could use to your advantage... and I have both!

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Mines a tie between red and crystal. crystal, because of the night-day stuff and its the only game i have based in jhoto. Red, because it was the first Pkmn game i ever played, and i loved the get 100 masterballs\rare candies trick!!

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • Blue. It was the first pokemon game I got and allot of fun memories are trapped with the game!

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
  • I like Crystal cause it's probably the longest one with the Kanto and Johto stuff. There was the day/night, too, which was awesome.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    Mine is Gold. It was long, and my very first Pokemon game. It was actually the first game I ever got. I got a Gameboy Color too. But I usually play Emerald more because its newer and I have a DS and I can't play Gold.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • dj989 said:
    It's a tie between Blue and Silver because Blue was the first Game Boy game I ever had, and Silver was my first game to ever beat the E4.
    lol half way opposites.....mine is RED,....and silver....

Red being MY first,and Silver for just being,.....silver...plus it's fun...:paranoid:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • I picked Silver. I have so many fond memories of that game, be they from battling and trading with friends, catching and training Pokemon, or just plain working through the storyline. Back when I first received it, all my friends were into Pokemon, so those were the years I had the most fun with the Pokemon games.

In addition, Silver was my first GB game, as well as one of my first video games on ANY console, so I'm naturally fond of it. The fact that it had both regions that existed at that time also made it feel more complete somehow, and made the game longer and more interesting. As another plus, since Silver was the first Pokemon game I ever had, the concepts, gameplay, and such were fresh and exciting to me. I still played Silver even after the newer GBA games came along and buried it, and it's still my favorite version of the Pokemon games. It's a pity that my data was erased, and now my cartridge is jacked and won't let me start a new save file... *grumbles* But I'll never forget how awesome Silver was....

Anyway, enough ranting. As is plain, my vote goes to Silver.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Well...I can't choose.

I spent a lot of time on Pokémon Red (I'm spending time on it again!), and it was the only edition where I rose a Pokémon to lvl 100 - in fact, my Blastoise *-*

Well, I also played Blue.

Next, Pokémon Crystal. I have played a lot, but I haven't spent so much time like on Red.

And Sapphire, I love it, but...I can't choose, really...

All Editions gave me a lots of fun hours.

Years
  • Yellow is my favorite version for 3 reasons.
    1. Pikachu is a starter
    2. It follows the shows story line closely
    3. You can get all of the original starters.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Emerald and Yellow

Yellow because you get pikachu as a starter and bulbasaur, squirtle, and charmander from people(even though I don't know where to find bulbasaur hehe)

Emerald because its just awesome with battle tent and battle frontier and fighting both magma and aqua then catching all the legendaries on one game

Back