• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Version

Fave

• Total voters

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    What Is Your Favorite Version.Made Public So It Will Be Easy To See

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Oshawott and Black Version.

Osha's cuteness is hard to resist.

Black has my fave Legendary Pokemon - Reshiram.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Unfortunately our rules say you can't create threads with more meaning, so the starters part of the question has to go (since there's already a thread on it, as linked). Technically there's still the Black or White thread, but with only two days to go until it's officially dead, people aren't going to rush to post there anytime soon if they haven't for a month, so this is fine. :) Just going to edit out the part on the starters, though!

As for me, I enjoyed both :( I can't really pick a distinct favourite overall rn because they're pretty much even in my mind with the negatives weighing up against the positives, lol. I did originally prefer White, though. :x

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I like white because of Reuniclus. But I like Black because of MAndibuzz. But I like Zekrok better so White gets my vote

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I enjoyed both, all what I can say is there's only a bit of difference between the two, though if we're gonna based this from my journey/experiences, I enjoyed Black a lot more since it was the first game that I played. ^^

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Having played both, I'd say the only differences that would make me choose White over Black are the Pokémon exclusives. Though trades could always be done and in the end, Black would be my favorite since it's the first one I picked and the one I made the most memories out of!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Black because of reshiram. If only Reuniclus and Braviary is in Black, it would more epic. But no, we get Gothitelle and Mandibuzz.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Ha. Personally I agree with Mac, Yellow is my favourite Gen V game. ;p But nah, Black is the best, white forest is just poor... Plus Opelucid City seems more interesting in Black and Reshiram is half decent.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Yeah thats why I bought Black first, for Black City. I want to play through white for the exclusives though.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I bought White because I liked Reuniclus and Zekrom, but Black has Breloom. Although there are a few better ones in Black, overall White has better version-specifics.

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
    Years
    I like black, because of Reshiram and how he is part fire so ice is not super effective, although I do like the exclusive pokemon in white more, so I guess I am with black.

Back