• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Video Game music track?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Out of all of the games you have played, what would you say is your favorite track? Mine has to be Megaman Battle Network 3's N1 Grand Prix Navi Battle. Really gets you hyped up for an epic battle, like you really wanna kick some serious ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vXJwCw5jCw

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • That's easy — Secret of Mana, no competition. I'll admit that Brawl is an honourable mention, but that's merely because it has numerous remixes of already popular songs. Hell, there are even some original soundtracks tossed into the mix, giving it quite the upper hand.

Anyhow, the music in Secret of Mana is beyond breathtaking. There is more emotion within the songs of this masterpiece than with any other game I have played in my life. Its quality is superb, but I suppose that only could have been expected from Square composers in the early 90's era.

Secret of Mana's soundtrack touched my heart in a way that no other game has come close to. Whether you're a fan of RPGs or not, this game's music is reason enough to play it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Tough decisionnn. I like so many soundtracks, but if the game isn't immediately on my mind, I usually forget about the music lol. For this topic...I'm going to go with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. From what I understand, this game is at the bottom of the Zelda ranking list. I don't know why. If anything, the music should save it from that. The music in this game is just amazing. Each boss has its own theme and it's...idk how to put it. It gives a much better feel to the battle than when battling any other bosses in previous Zelda games (I'm not sure if Zelda games after TP had different music for each boss...I know Wind Waker did, but imo, they're not that memorable). But aside from boss music, it was delicate and eerie in all the right places. It just works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhnEnnpHJY

If the spider doesn't strike fear into your heart, the song will, or will at least escalate it.

Honorable mentions:
    Mother 3
    Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow
    Ocarina of Time
    Kingdom Hearts
    Pokemon Colosseum
    Kirby Air Ride
    Final Fantasy II/IV

Last edited:

Sonicfan9988

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥
    Years
  • Usually, I listen to the music in Sonic games, but the main one I have liked the most recently is the Sonic 3 Final Boss remix in Sonic Generations 3DS! It is THE most epic remix of ANY game song in history IMO =D! The original Genesis version of the song I mentioned is great enough, but somehow, Cash Cash and Jun Senoue managed to make an already epic song MORE epic!

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Many of my favorite tracks are within Sonic Games. They are amazing!
    Some which I like include tracks from:

-Sonic Rush: Ride There, Ride On!; Back 2 Back; Metal Scratchin'; Bomber Barbera .

-Sonic Heroes: Main Theme; Seaside Hills.

-Sonic Unleashed: Windmill Isle (just beautiful!) ; Rooftop Run (heck yeah!)

+ All the remixes in Sonic Generation and some nostalgic tracks from Sonic Chronicles. Just amazing...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The intro music to Super Smash Bros Brawl - along with the really great orchestrations of the old games referenced within - is probably my favourite video game music. The full scale orchestra certainly goes a long way to contributing to why I like it so much... especially in comparison to most of the other games I've played, whose scores could certainly benefit from a crapload of violins!

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    anything ff7 but specifically my favorite is probably the turks theme song

Years
  • There are many amazing soundtracks in the gaming world. Silent Hill, SotC, ToS, Final Fantasy has some of the greatest songs in the gaming world.

It is wayyyyyyyy too hard for me to decide, so I say the ones I mentioned above! XD​

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Overall soundtrack: Chrono Trigger. I only played this game a few years ago (on the DS) but its soundtrack still sounds so nostalgic to me. I love every single track and I've yet to find a game with a soundtrack that I can listen to so endlessly. My favourite tracks from it are Yearnings of the Wind, The Cathedral, and Magus Confronted. n_n;

On the whole, I'm also very fond of the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks. A fair few people don't like them, but I always find them really fitting and there are some songs I just love to pieces. All of the Dearly Beloveds hold a special place in my heart, and I also like pretty much any of the boss themes but my top favourites are probably Lord of the Castle, Thirteenth Struggle, and L'Impeto Oscuro. :B I also like a lot of the ambient music but for a lot of the series, the same arrangements get re-used over and over so I can't justify giving top-favourite status to it.

But for single tracks? I really like Chrono Cross ~Scars of Time~ from Chrono Cross but I've never played the game before, so I'm a little hesitant to list it as my favourite track. XD; I also really like Clash on the Big Bridge despite never playing FFV, but at least I've heard it a lot in later games. I'll just list some of my favourites from random series in no particular order:

- Calling [The World Ends With You]
    - Pyroxene of the heart (omg for years I've thought it was called something else wtf?) [Eternal Sonata]
    - Desperate Struggle [Final Fantasy XIII]
    - Never Ending Journey [Dragon Warror Monsters]
    - Battle! Champion [Pokemon GSC/HGSS]
    - Dry Trail [Tales of Symphonia]
    - The End of a Thought [Tales of Symphonia]
    - Prologue [Tales of the Abyss]
    - Overflowing Emotions, Reunion [Tales of the Abyss]
    - Find Your Way [Final Fantasy VIII]
    - Broken Promise [Dark Cloud]
    - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ [Final Fantasy X-2]
    - Under Bevelle [Final Fantasy X-2]
    - Poem of Everyone's Soul [Persona 3]
    - Paradox [Final Fantasy XIII-2]
    - Boss Battle [Final Fantasy XII]
    - Any of the "Cornered" themes from Ace Attorney

And I generally like the entirety of Nier, Professor Layton, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Okami, Cave Story, Plants vs. Zombies, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Braid.

:B I like my video game music.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • My one favourite track? I have noooo idea. I love the entire score for a lot of games though...which I don't feel like typing out at the moment

Years
  • I'll agree with a few others that Sonic games have some of my favorite soundtracks. And maybe it's just because I grew up playing it, but Sonic 2 is my favorite out of all of them (my favorite track is for Hidden Palace Zone, which was a level that was scrapped before the game came out, but the music remained in the sound select). I also loved that when you beat the game, the credits would play a mash-up of songs from almost every level in the game.

TY

That ought to be a hard one, cause i got loads of them...
    My favorites would be then: NFS: HP- Watercolour, C&C1's Drill and Tiberian Sun's The Defence...

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • I don't have a favourite, but I have many songs that I enjoy. I own hundreds upon hundreds of game OSTs. XD

1. Darkside Visitor from Super Adventure Island

2. Middle Eastern Zeal from Silhouette Mirage

3. Tangency from Star Ocean: The Second Story (battling against my fav sage woohoo)

4. Enraptured Dance: Self Image from SpherEternity - actually, all music from this guy and game. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB2725D0CF747406&feature=plcp
    Kthx.

5. Mysterious Cave from Lunar: Silver Star Story

6. Biblical Cries Theme from Biblical Cries

7. Greenvale Theme from Deadly Premonition

8. Life is Beautiful from Deadly Premonition

Well pretty much any music from DP.

9. Battle Against Samael from Silent Hill 1

And pretty much any song from the SH series.

10. A love Suicide from Rule of Rose

And any other music from it.

11. Theme of Dewprism from Dewprism(duh)

12. Theme of Grandia Xtreme from Grandia Xtreme

13. Puzzle Bobble Theme from Puzzle Bobble

And ANY Bubble/Puzzle Bobble song.

14. Maniac Mansion Theme from Maniac Mansion

15. Boomer Kuwanger Theme from Mega Man X

And just about any other MM song, but that ^ is my favourite of any MM game.

16. Cubia's 4th Boss from Dot Hack

They ruined his theme on the crappy new GU game, but originally it was BEAUTIFUL. I have a huge crush on him XD and his theme yessss.

17. Two Days Ago from Animal Crossing/KK Slider

18. This Level Song from Snake Rattle and Roll

19. Level 2 from Marble Madness

20. New Say from Zero Wing

And all Zero Wing music in general.

And I have tons more games and songs I like, but yeah. xD

Back