• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite video game music

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    She would if she'd actually beaten the game. D:

I broke my policy with that game too. DX I've listened to the complete OST but I haven't beaten Terra yet, so that last song I really shouldn't be listening to... but oh well. :x

Years
    any song from metroid prime. they are so mysterious. it has some calm music, but when you enter another room, it gets all fierce and dangerous, showing that there is an enemy nearby.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Super Mario Galaxy is now the game that houses my favorite videogame music. =P

<3 Gusty Garden~

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm currently addicted to Bowser Jr's giant robot themes from Galaxy. But I always try to listen to the Super Paper Mario credits once everyday.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    The music from Eternal Sonata and Final Fantasy X is pretty good.

Surprisingly, the music from Pokemon Battle Revolution is also pretty nice, it fits the game well.

Years
    Legend of Zelda Games, and Banjo Kazooie.

Koji Kondo is genius. I love every tune from OoT, also orchestrated. I have many of those in my iPod. It one of the things that never let you down in a Zelda game.

As for B-K, the name of the composer(s) is still unknown to me, but people who have played that game will agree with me that no tunes fit better there than those fast banjo and flute led melodies. The intro to Tooie would be nothing without its music. Every melody fits greatly in its respective level. And it always keeps that comical feel.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Banjo-Kazooie's composer is Grant Kirkhope. The total length of the score is monstrous. The official CD is such a disappointment.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    Well my favourite music from different games are:

LoZ OOT - Water Temple, and King Dodongo/Volvagia boss music.
    Sonic 2 - Hidden Palace
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles - Flying Battery
    Pokemon RSE - Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza battle
    Pokemon D/P - Legend Trio battle, Main Legendary Battle (Giratina, Heatran etc.)
    Digimon World - Last Battle, Speedy Time Zone (night)
    Digimon World 2 - First Boss battle, Guardian Battle, Overlord GAIA both battles, Chaos Tower, Code Domain
    Digimon World 3 - Galacticmon both battles, Leader/A.O.A. Leader battles
    Digimon World DS - Boss Battle
    Super Mario Bros 3 - World 4 and 6 map, Airship, Koopa and bowser battles

i think thats about it.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    The music from Eternal Sonata and Final Fantasy X is pretty good.

Surprisingly, the music from Pokemon Battle Revolution is also pretty nice, it fits the game well.
    Well yeah the music in Eternal Sonata would be awesome! lol Isn't it a game based on Chopin? XD But yeah I've heard it and it is awesome...I think much better than any Final Fantasy game.

But...I'd have to say my favorite is the Legend of Zelda games...

Urser

Fakemon Designer!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Legend of Zelda games is an instant win. How could anyone NOT like them? That's why I can't wait until Brawl comes out so that I can listen to the full version of that Ocarina of Time medley! :D

I really like Kirby and Mario's music too. Animal Crossing has some pretty good K.K songs aswell.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    Dur, Guitar Hero. 8D;

Nah, but the music from Fable is probably near the top.

I also like the main theme from Metal Gear Solid the music from God of War.

scorpyo

Is afraid of the Unown
    Years
    All of the music from Zelda: OoT. especially the song before you press start. Also, the Song of Storms is cool too. And the ocarina song you get for the water temple.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I don't really listen to many games, but one of my favorite songs is "Battle! Gym Leader" from Pokémon Gold and Silver. But in general I like Pokémon, Zelda and Mario music. Or most music, actually.

Back