• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Villainous Team

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
  • Which Villainous team is the best? for me it's team rocket because of all their evil plans in the Anime, Manga and Game. I mean in the Anime they played God when they created Mewtwo,they did the same in the manga with the Zapmolcuno and the whole enslaving Arceus bit and then they also killed a Marowak in the game.

so Which team is the best at being bad?

Last edited:

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    Magma and aqua They are funny and all the other team are just bad.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cipher from Pokemon Colo and XD. They actually altered the inner workings of Pokemon to make them powerful mind-controlled weapons, and I always liked that their Admins had their own distinct personalities.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm torn between Cipher and Team Magma in all honesty but if I had to choose it would be Magma due to how much I liked having Maxie as my enemy at the time lol.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Team Rocket, no doubt. I like their bluntness and obvious/simple/straightforward objective, and the designs too. The name is cool too albeit silly hahah and they seem like villains I'd be really scared of, unlike Plasma?? I like Magna/Aqua too, but not as much as TR.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Team Rocket is, and will always be, my favourite villainous team in all of the series. They did things that are disgustingly horrible that I wanted to deal with them--unlike the other series, I just want to get over with their evil team. But when it comes to Team Rocket, I'm sure to face them whenever I see one!

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
    Years
  • I like Team Plasma because it's a metaphor for algebra.

N is a variable that is used in the place of another number.
    Spoiler:
    It's practically just a big math equation!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Team Plasma gets my vote. What I really made them standout was N. He's probably the deepest character in the Pokemon universe, and for good reason. His story is interesting along with the sages, especially Ghetsis. To me, they weren't completely evil. Yeah, they're a bad team and wanna take over the world, etc., etc. However, their morals and beliefs are in a gray area and it just makes them more interesting.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It has to be Team Rocket. They were the only ones awesome enough to be around for two generations, but it's probably the nostalgia value that really seals the deal for me. None of the villainous teams really make any sense, but I have vivid memories of Team Rocket, and I have no with regard to Magma/Aqua/Plasma/the one from Gen IV whose name I don't know.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Aqua/Magma. Mainly because they're the only ones to have actually achieved their goals and forcing the player to fix things after the fact.

Makes that final scene all the more epic. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Team Galactic really did a good job of being evil; they had a clear goal in mind and were so close to achieving it. (that's why they're my favorite team)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I liked Magma/Aqua although I don't pay much attention to evil teams. I just feel like their goals were so noble and just went awry.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Team Rocket, for me. I was never able to take any of the other ones seriously. Maybe Team Plasma, to some extent, but even they seemed nuts.

TR was in it for money. They were typical thugs and mafia guys, not above harassing kids or strangers for their Pokemon. They worked both behind the scenes and out in the open and even in their disorganized state in GSC, they always seemed like a serious threat. They were analogous to the real world and they actually had power so they scared me.

Team Aqua and Team Magma? Uhh... okay. I guess they're based off of environmental nutcases but managing to get THAT many people to go along with what was essentially "hay lol let's get rid of all water on earth" or "land sux let's flood the earth". Riiiight. Their ideals were just so stupid and over-the-top that I could never take them seriously and they, along with all the annoying surfing routes, completely ruined gen 3 for me. I still roll my eyes when I think of them. I mean, it's one thing to be an environmentalist but trying to wrap my head around the idea that neither team stopped for a second to think about what the consequences of their actions would be? Eh. I just can't buy it.

Then Team Galactic was better than Aqua/Magma because at least they were fashioned after a cult and I could see that sort of thing happening, but somehow I still felt really disillusioned by them. I guess the idea of a cult that sounds so insane actually coming close to their goal just doesn't seem realistic to me. :( I will admit that this one might just be my own bias, though. People do in fact get roped into following weird apocalyptic things and I know some new age Japanese religions were seriously into this sort of thing, so I can see how it could come about. Couple that with Pokemon who can do the job and I guess that's pretty threatening. (I may have just convinced myself that they are a legitimate team while typing this out.) It still just sounds silly to me, though, so they aren't really in my rankings for favourite.

Lava_Princess

Princess of Everything Burning
    Years
  • I really really love Team Rocket. I just think their outfits are the coolest and their encounter themes are pretty addicting.
    Plasma's battle theme is awesome but that's the only thing goin' for 'em.
    Not to mention Rockets are pretty uncaring about Pokemon and are overall pretty gosh darn evil.

Years
  • Team Rocket.
    Partially for nostalgia purposes, and partially because their main goal was making as much money as possible with no regard for anyone else.

Back