• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Water Starter?

Which Water type starter?

• Squirtle

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Totodile

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Mudkip

• Piplup

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Oshawott

• Froakie

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I like Mudkip the most. It has both Water and Ground type moves available to it and get's STAB when it evolves. The design of it is also quite creative, and it's evolutions feel the most natural of any starter. Mega Swampert is crazy powerful as well and is only taken down with a good grass type attack.

blue

gucci
    Years
    A close call between Mudkip and Piplup, but I think Piplup has the edge for me. I love how Piplup's evolutionary line progresses, not to mention the Water/Steel combination!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Totodile because it was my very first Pokemon so I have a vert special place for it in my heart. Because it's such a cute little crocodile and evolves into a badass one. ♥

In order:
    - Totodile
    - Mudkip
    - Squirtle
    - Froakie
    - Piplup
    - Oshawott

To be honest I wasn't sure which one was last before I rememberd Genis the Empoleon on my Platinum before I lost him. That gave it the edge. Oshawott is... eh it's cute but idk all the other water starters I really do like better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mudkip, because it's the very first starter I picked and it never disappointed. Froakie comes in close for being the fastest starter Pokemon in general and how good Greninja is in competitive play and Smash Bros.

Years
    As a whole, the water starters are best. Looking them over, only Oshawott fails to appeal to me. I'm really torn between Squirtle, Totodile, and Froakie.

Squirtle: The original water starter. It gets bonus points for that. Blastoise is downright awesome. Cannons coming out of its shell? Too cool.

Totodile: I like reptilian pokemon. Totodile is neat and evolves in Feraligatr--great pokemon.

Froakie: Not a huge fan of Froakie, but I love Greninja. Greninja is one of the my favorite pokemon in terms of sheer design.

Ultimately, I'm going with Squirtle. It takes a lot to overthrow originals for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Favorite Water Starter Pokemon?

My favorite Water starter would have to be Samurott as its the only water type starter that really grabbed my attention.

Years
    Totodile for sure. Nothing makes me smile like a Feraligatr cry :] Though I do have a big soft spot for Mudkipz

Back