• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Water Type?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    It's as the title says. Anyway I would have to go with Samurott as my favorite water-type not only does it look cool but I was very pleased with the way mine helped me out in a lot of battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a lot, honestly, but one of them would have to be Politoed. That little thing is just simply adorable. <3 Plus, it summons rain as soon as it's sent out on the field, which could be pretty helpful if your team's based around water. Another of my favorite is Kingdra. After one Dragon Dance, it could cause some major havoc to your opponent.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Right now it's got to be Feraligatr. You know you're legit when your name is so long they have to forgo the last vowel. That and once it gets its HA, Sheer Force, it's going to be a monster in battle.

Years
    I've grown quite an attachment with my Azumarill during my journey in Pokemon X :') Vaporeon was my favourite when it was just the original 151, but the Pokedex has grown so much since then I don't know about all of them @.@

Years
    My favourite is Gyarados for design as well as competitive ability. One Dragon Dance turns it into a fearsome sweeper. Plus there's Moxie to increase Attack after every kill.

Another one of my favourites is Starmie. Natural Cure helps it get rid of status. It can use Recover and 2 attacks, or run 3 attacks.

My favourite pure Water type Pokemon is Politoed, again for it's ability. Drizzle only lasts 5 turns now (8 with Damp Rock) but it still is great to summon rainfall by simple switching in.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    For me it's Floatzel, really love it's design, but I also love Dewott just as much. Out of all the water types those always will be my choice, one or the other.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It' difficult to choose, there are soooo many water types. But I always liked Gyarados and Golduck, the former because it's plain cool as a water dragon and the latter because the anime made Golduck look very strong and overall I love its design.

But my favorite might also be Octillery. Look at it, it's so cool :p and it knows as good as every beam or ray attack, which is pretty amazing. Remoraid gets an honorable mention since I still smile when I remember the one I once had in a RP. It functioned like a gun that the trainer carried in his arms in battle. How epic is that.

Years
    Oshawott, you know me.

It's adorable as heck, has awesome-looking evolutions, and the whole samurai theme is really cool as well. I always choose it as my partner on every main playthrough I do in a Unova game. The Froakie line comes close because I love the ninja theme the line has going for it, and who ever knew it was initially my least fave Kalos starter but became my absolute fave of the three as time went by.

Other notable mentions include Azumarill who literally got better as generations went by, from getting Huge Power to good physical STAB to eventually gaining Fairy-type and finding itself in the standard OU competitive metagame. Clauncher line due to its concept of having a claw that shoots things (and explains Clawitzer's massive claw), and also Jellicent because it's bulky and I love both of its different gender appearances alongside being one of my fave 5th Gen Water-types.

Years
    Lapras. It's been a personal favorite of mine since RBY and will be forever.

It's not the strongest, but I still like it for what it is. Really well designed, and it does have some good HP and interesting attacks, including STAB Ice Beam.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    As water is my second favorite type, it was pretty tough to make my favorite, so I put it two, Feraligatr and Floatzel.
    I'm actually kind of suprised Floatzel is not used that much, because it's doing quite amazing with a Choice Band. You don't want to take a Waterfall from my Life Boat.
    Feraligatr is also my favorite starter line. Feraligatr just looks really cool, and can take physical hits rather well too. I really fell in love with it in my HeartGold playthrough.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I've always had a soft spot for Buizel, mainly because of Ash's Buizel in the anime but it's design in general is just really cool. Plus I really like some of the moves it can use like Aqua jet.

Shame Floatzel isn't amazing competitively. :(

I do also like Starmie though, great special attacker with an amazing move pool.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
    Hmm this is a tough one as there are many Water type Pokémon I love!
    I guess it would tie with my favourite Fairy type, Azumarill.
    I love the ability Huge Power and that something so cute can be so fierce competitively ;]
    I also like the colouring of it's shiny form, it's gold!

Years
    I. Lapras
    II. Kingra
    III.Milotic
    IV.Gastrodon (West)
    V. Samurott/Jellicent (f)
    VI.Greninja

Milotic is my favorite water type, as well as, my favorite overall pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back