• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite WiiWare/Virtual Console Games

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Well, I dont know how many of you people actually buy wii games online but do you have any favorite WiiWare or Virtual console games you want to spead the gospel about?

Personally I enjoy the classics like Super Mario Bros (NES), Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

But I do have a few favorite WiiWare titles too. Tetris Party, My Pokemon Ranch and World of Goo were all worth the Wii Points. XD

(btw Defend your castle is kinda pointless, I bought it but it didn't make any sense to me...Call me weird but It felt more like a cheap flash game to me)

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I'll only name a few for the VC as there are alot of great ones.

WiiWare

MegaMan 9
    My Pokemon Ranch

Virtual Console
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - SNES
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
    Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - SNES
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Genesis
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Genesis
    Paper Mario - N64
    Super Mario Bros. 3 -NES
    MegaMan II - NES
    Pokemon Puzzle League - N64
    Mario Kart 64 - N64
    StarFox 64 - N64
    Super Mario 64 -N64
    Super Mario World - N64

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Haven't had the chance to download any Wiiware or VC games yet. Mainly due to the fact that I'm an Xbox gamer, and I'm usually buying MS points for XBL, and thus can't afford any for Wii.
    But I'm considering getting my pokémon ranch, just for the storage space. (Hey, I gotta put my boxfull of swinubs and hoppips somewhere, right?)

Years
    I really don't download many games for the VC, because I still have most of these games for their original system (SNES and N64 especially).

Probably my biggest download was Sin and Punishment (N64). Because it was originally only a Japan release, I was never able to buy the game for the N64, so when it became available on the VC, I had to go for it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I don't actually like any of the ones I've downloaded. They're mainly there just to fill the blankness of my system menu.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    From WiiWare I've downloaded LostWinds, World of Goo, and Orbient. From the VC I've downloaded Star Fox 64, Pokemon Snap, and Sin & Punishment.

I can see why Star Fox 64 was probably a big deal when it first came out and I. But, I played it then because it really didn't do anything for me. I had more fun with Assault on the GCN because it's what I played first. :\

Download Snap because I never bought it on the N64, I would constantly borrow my cousin's copy. I love the game as much now as I did then. One of my favourites.

Haven't progressed far in Sin & Punishment. Just a few levels. The audio is bad. I can't hear a lot of the dialogue. And it's also really hard XD

LostWinds is a work of art, that shows a lot of promise for things to come. I loved it and I can't wait for the next installment. It's a wonderfully stylized, zen experience that makes great use of the Wii controls. I just wish it was longer. A lot longer.

World of Goo is brilliantly, quirky. It along with de Blob and Boom Blox got great press last year, and I like those other two games better, but World of Goo is still really good.

Orbient is frustrating but addicting. And also ugly. XD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Favorite VC: Super Mario Bros.3 - I just love playing this game during my spare time, if I have any, and It's lots of fun trying to go through each of the eight grueling, impressive, and well-designed worlds, each unique in their own uniqueness.

Favorite WW: Megaman 9 - I've been anticipating this game's US release, and it was worth the wait. Surely, beating the game was tough for just about everyone, but seeing Megaman in 2-D was well worth it.

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    For WiiWare, I'd have to say my favorite is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King. I just love it. xD But, hey, I have a thing for sim games.
    I also have My Pokemon Ranch. It's so cute and funny sometimes. Also useful for storage and getting special pokemon through Haley's trades.
    For VC, I've got Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Snap, and Mario Bros. Fun, fun. :3

Back