• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite/Worst Villainous Team?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    What villainous Team did you like or hate the most?

I personally like Team Rocket the most...they were far more renowned in the games and even when making a come back people talked about them. And personally, they had some pretty evil plans.

My least favorite/worst team is Team Flare...the idea of trying to make the world beautiful is just not as strong as the previous. Not to mention that the grunts look ridiculous

Years
    Team Plasma is surely my favorite villainous team. In BW their goals started out not what you would expect, and even though they're revealed to be the same old same old by Ghetsis at the endgame, they still have a crafty way of doing it. In B2W2 they're much more open and harsh about their goals, so there's that.

Least favorite would definitely be Team Magma and Aqua (TAKE NOTE, I have not played Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire yet), mostly because their goals just seemed really silly, adding more land/water to the earth. And it's not helped by their using the same three Pokémon (Zubat, Poochyena and Numel/Carvanha). So yeah!

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    Team Plasma is surely my favorite villainous team. In BW their goals started out not what you would expect, and even though they're revealed to be the same old same old by Ghetsis at the endgame, they still have a crafty way of doing it. In B2W2 they're much more open and harsh about their goals, so there's that.

I'm on the same boat as him, there was so much to Team Plasma that was mysterious and their plot was quite intense for a Pokemon game, in fact the mystery with N was what made 5th Gen so fun to play.

The goals in B/W, as he said are not what you'd expect for a villainous team, but they are heavily akin to PETA with the whole "Pokemon liberation" goal where N thinks Pokemon and their trainers should be separate, but then it's eventually revealed at the end of the game that Ghetsis wanted to rule the world and you are thrown into what is one of the hardest endgame battles of the series to date.

B2/W2 saw a new Plasma emerge while some sided with N and acted as more like friends. Colress was also a very mysterious character, aside from that funky hair of his. It's also cool how N now acts like he's on your side this time around, and saves you from Kyurem's Glaciate which then quickly descends into his legendary dragon getting captured and fused with Kyurem, followed by another tough Ghetsis battle. The goal is just something you really have to pay attention to when playing the 5th Gen games.

Least fave? Probably Team Rocket. I kinda found them boring, although Team Flare could have been worse. The main saving grace for Flare has to be their plot of wiping out anything not part of their team, which is very well, genocide. Rocket's plot was very boring and pointless.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Team Rocket has got to be my most favorite, for sure! One, huge reason is, they're the original criminal origination, and future ones were all inspired by them as they were being developed, one way or another. In my eyes, this automatically puts this particular group way up above the list. Second is that I'm used to them. They were there right from get-go in anime, following Ash and trying to capture his Pikachu.

In anime series, Team Rocket is what brings us most of comedy, I feel. Without them, it would become sort of uncommon. I definitely do appreciate them for that. I suppose they could have these characters replaced with some others and have them do the same, exact tasks (follow Ash and friends everywhere they go, attempt to steal their Pokémon, and so forth), but those guys actually work like Team Rocket trio has had in the past? It's sort of though to tell, unfortunately.

Not only this, but unlike most other villainous crewed, they have appeared in not one, but two generations of main-series games. First would be Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, which had taken place in Kanto, with second being Johto titles--Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I'm sure many fans had enjoyed their presence, including myself!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah I'm sorry but team rocket is best imo. They're pretty straight forward. A team that exploits Pokemon for money. That to me just seems the most realistic and logical out of all the teams to me. I will admit I enjoyed them a lot more in Kanto than in Johto. I guess Giovanni's presence is a little more exciting than the admins in Johto. Also the moments you encounter them in Kanto were more thrilling for me. Team Galactic in second place.

I like team aqua and magma, but I guess they do seem kind of silly to me. I haven't gotten that far in oras yet, but already it's shedding some extra light on why they're doing what they're doing instead of just "MOAR LAND" "MOAR SEA."

Regardless of that I strongly dislike team plasma. It was good in the sense that it was cult like and creepy, but ultimately it was just bizarre to me and I really did not enjoy N. I thought Ghetsis was good though and actually a challenge to face if you don't put either legendary on your team against him. Idk I just felt this disconnect with that team.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Team Plasma has to be my favorite villainous team in the Pokémon franchise by far. They come off as a fairly realistic portrayal of a slightly misguided animal rights group to the point that the game manages to get the player to question the ethics present in the Pokémon universe. The contrast between their two most prominent leadership figures, N and Ghetsis, is also very interesting...with N being rather innocent and genuine in everything he does and Ghetsis being a duplicitous bastard with intents to take over the whole world.

Bonus points go to Lysandre. While the rest of Team flare are mostly laughably cheesy grunts and gratuitously sexy scientists, Lysandre actually has some backstory and some depth to him. Granted, his perception of a perfect world is completely twisted, he is at least more principled than any other Pokémon villain. Not to mention, he's the first Pokémon villain to have an implied death as opposed to being arrested or simply let free.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    I agree, Team Plasma actually made you think. The line between villain and hero was very blurred in their case.

Years
    Team Magma are for sure my favourite team :) For me, their (pre-ORAS) outfits are the best of any team (Team Plasma from BW2 would come a close 2nd though), I love Maxie he's my favourite leader, again for (pre-ORAS) design, the fact that he just seems really well-spoken and also for his name (I've always loved the name Maxi lol, I called the protagonist that on Pokémon Silver back in the day haha). Also, there was a really funny Team Magma grunt in Emerald that just kept running around in a circle and then addresses the fact that he's doing so when the player speaks to him lol xD

Let's see, Team Rocket would be second (mainly cause of how much I loved facing them in Johto), Galactic seemed cool (well alright that's mainly cause Jupiter's my favourite admin lol) and same with Plasma so I guess my least favourites would be Team Aqua (mainly cause they oppose my beloved Team Magma lol) and Team Flare (their designs and overall appearances in the game are okay but I just wish the female grunts had a different style of hair lol) xD

Years
    Team Rocket >Team Plasma > Team Flare = Team Galactic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Team Magma/Aqua

I like my villains to be rational with their goals.

Team Rocket had that simple mobster appeal. Lie, cheat, and steal in pursuit of wealth.

Though, Team Plasma, and the story line was appealing...it hinges upon Ghetsis being falsely altruistic with his rhetoric. If he was truly concerned for the well-being of pokemon, and sought to separate humans from them...uhm...

With that said, Gen 5 was the best alternative attempt, with lots of elements that are spot on. And that plasma theme!!!

I think GF, if they aren't going to get it right, needs to stick with the simple schema of wealth-driven teams.

Though, world domination would seem an easy theme to pull off as well. (Except, in RSE they simply failed to even pull that off.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I'm on the same boat as him, there was so much to Team Plasma that was mysterious and their plot was quite intense for a Pokemon game, in fact the mystery with N was what made 5th Gen so fun to play.

The goals in B/W, as he said are not what you'd expect for a villainous team, but they are heavily akin to PETA with the whole "Pokemon liberation" goal where N thinks Pokemon and their trainers should be separate, but then it's eventually revealed at the end of the game that Ghetsis wanted to rule the world and you are thrown into what is one of the hardest endgame battles of the series to date.

B2/W2 saw a new Plasma emerge while some sided with N and acted as more like friends. Colress was also a very mysterious character, aside from that funky hair of his. It's also cool how N now acts like he's on your side this time around, and saves you from Kyurem's Glaciate which then quickly descends into his legendary dragon getting captured and fused with Kyurem, followed by another tough Ghetsis battle. The goal is just something you really have to pay attention to when playing the 5th Gen games.

Least fave? Probably Team Rocket. I kinda found them boring, although Team Flare could have been worse. The main saving grace for Flare has to be their plot of wiping out anything not part of their team, which is very well, genocide. Rocket's plot was very boring and pointless.
    my problem with team flare is that their motives are still just as bad as team magma and team aqua's

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Most favorite would have to be an tie between team flare and team galactic. Galactic was funny they look like clowns in their uniforms but they didnt have a greater good ideal or a weird goal it was simple we help our crazy leader have absolute power. I like team flare b/c lysandre reminds me of myself he has crazy ideals which he holds true to himself even though he is a good person somewhere there and he has a great sense of style :)

Back