• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorites boss?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • To put it simple, there is a boss in every game. I find the hardest bosses my favorites.....but my favorite is Zero 2 from Kirby. That thing made the game seem pretty Ages10+.
    You can also post the hardest boss you ever fought.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I loved fighting Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie for the N64!
    Spoiler:

It was a lot of fun, it was hilarious, it was epic, and very challenging.
    I'd love to fight her multiple times over, but guess what, you can only fight her once! Yeah, after you beat the game, you can't fight her again. When you jump inside Dingpot (her magic, talking cauldron), it just plays the end credits again. That's just lame!

Another one of my favorites is no doubt Mother Brain from Super Metroid.
    Spoiler:
    It just feels so good to blast her with your rainbow, hyper beam at her like crazy.

If I had to choose the hardest boss battle I've been through, I'd have to pick the Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
    Spoiler:

Man oh man she was tough! She both does and can take a lot of damage. So you have to plan ahead a LOT.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Shooter:
    ~ the Rakk Hive, from Borderlands, for looking like a female elephant (hur hur)

Arcade:
    ~ Catfish, from Castle Crashers, for the awesome faces of pain and agony

MMORPG
    ~ Ed, the Undying, from Kingdom of Loathing
    **mostly 'cuz I just want his head for a familiar**

Traditional End-game Boss:
    ~ Big Smoke, from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    * was rather heart-breaking, having to remove this guy; such a loveable guy *

Years
  • I like every boss who is challanging. I can say, hmm, Albert from Mega Man ZX Advent and Weil from Mega Man Zero 4. They are not however that hard, but I do die a lot, mainly because of my mistiming.

But really, any boss who is a challange gets a like from me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Dark Matter was hella fun to beat down in Kirby 64. :) They'd take over your soon-to-be comrades and then you beat'em up and they join you. AWESOME RIGHT? :)

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Kingdom Hearts: Sephiroth

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: Xemnas

Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM/CoM : Riku Replica IV

Kingdom Hearts II: Scar

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix: Roxas

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep(ENG): Mysterious Figure

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep(JPN): Vantias (or) Vantias Sentiment

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix: Armor of the Master

Sly Cooper 1 : Panda King

Sly 2: Clock-La

Sly 3: Dr.M

Thats about it I can think of I play alot of games. dont remember the names tho D:

Years
  • Thats a tough question cuz there are so many bosses out there and so many of them do my head in!
    But i would probably choose a boss from the Jak and Daxter series cuz they are really fun to beat.
    Either tht or one from the KH series.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I have many more favorites but here are the first ones that come to mind.

Quadraxis - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    Spoiler:

Nightmare - Metroid Other M
    Spoiler:

Liquid Ocelot inside Metal Gear Ray - Metal Gear Solid 4
    Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Maybe it's nostalgia kicking in, but I can remember really liking all the bosses in Spyro: Year of the Dragon, mainly because they were challenging but not horribly impossible to beat. The Sorceress was the final boss of that game, and I remember really enjoying that battle (when I did eventually beat her, which probably took about 50 times knowing my crappy gaming abilities...)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I'd say Gano from twilight princess wasn't the hardest boss, but by far the most epic! I'll never forget how long it took to finish the horse riding bit of that fight. -_-

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • In terms of hardest boss, I'd say the Dr. Fetus boss battle (last one) in Super Meat Boy. It was the hardest boss battle I'd ever had and was one of the most fun.

Though if not going by hardest I'd say Metal Sonic (from Sonic CD) because the whole race-to-the-death thing worked really well with it, and was also a fun boss battle.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Probably Mz. Ruby from Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Spoiler:

It was quite interesting playing this boss. It was like Dance Dance Revolution: Sly Cooper style

Back