• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favourite 5th Gen Gym Leader!

Favourite 5th Gym Leaders? (Sorry if it's not in proper order or if it's a bit messy)

• Cilan/Cress/Chilli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lenora/Roxie

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Burgh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elesa

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Clay

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Skyla

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Brycen

• Drayden/Iris/Marlon

• Total voters

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
  • I picked Elesa just because she's a supermodel that puts her money where her mouth is, swallows, and breathes electric death. Although Drayden is pretty beasty with "my beard is a second jaw" I think Elesa brings a certain class to the horde of Electric type gym leaders that they were sorely lacking. I don't know, she just has Flare.

And Burgh looks like a dork.

Years
  • Those are cool pics up there of the Gym Leaders! Haha.

Anyway, my favorite would be Skyla. I love her design, and flying types are one of my favorite types. She reminds me a lot of Winonna from Hoenn, who I adore. I also like her team. Unfortunately, I easily destroyed her lol.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I liked many of the leaders. They were all pretty cool. But 2 of my favorites were Elesa and Iris. Elesa was pretty amazing and had awesome electric type pokemon. It made her gym really fun to beat. I also loved her character design! it was pretty amazing :3 One of the best in the whole series.

I also like Iris because she's adorable. She's so young and uses my favorite type- dragon. I love dragons. So the fact that she uses them is just awesome. Plus I love her hair design.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Skyla she is so cute she literally looks like a air plane turned into a cute girl. Just like how Ingo and Element look like trains turned into cool guys. My favorite male unova gym leader is Cilan

Years
  • Well for me this was all about looks, so obviously Elesa and Skyla were tied for first. Eventually Skyla pulled ahead so she was my choice. Also I can believe how close it is between Elesa and Skyla!

Years
  • I thought it was good that they gave us new Gym Leaders for a change. Although some people have questioned Cheren being the first Gym Leader, they could have done something like with Norman in Hoenn and had you go back to Aspertia City to take him on. Roxie was a pretty cool character though, and Marlon was a bit on the weird side but he was amusing too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I was so glad they replaced the first trio gym leaders. I really did not like them and I thought they made for a weak start. I was not overly thrilled that they replaced them with Cheren though. It seemed odd to me that he spent the last two years training and he comes back as the weakest gym leader with low leveled normal types. Idk I mean I get it, but still??

I wasn't that sad that they replaced Lenora or Brycen either. Honestly it seemed like they just took out the least popular gym leaders of the region minus Cilan because some people fangirl over him, but I don't see too many people caring about Chili and Cress so wHaTeVeR.

Marlon was kinda a meh addition for me. I don't dislike him or love him he's just there. Wasn't really too challenging either compared to facing Drayden or Iris in the prequels. I think Roxie was the best addition. She was very different from leaders we've seen before and I found that extremely refreshing. I find something about her very likable and she fits her character perfectly imo.

I think the leaders they replaced made sense in terms of popularity. The only other leader that I think should of been changed was Burgh. I can't help, but feel that he is completely out of place in Castelia City. Nor did I find him that interesting. Overall I think the changes were a good move as it showed changed over time in the region.

Years
  • BW's Gym Leaders were pretty dull, and so did B2W2's. (Drayden is an exception)
    Unexpectedly, Lenora was replaced, she was a difficult Gym Leader at least for me, seriously, that Watchog was a bitch. That was, undoubtedly, the saddest change they did to the roster in my opinion.

Years
  • Favorite gym leader?

Which gym leader from Unova was your favorite? They can be from either B/W or B/W2. Your choice!

I personally adore Cheren from the sequels. He grew so much as a trainer and learned a lot throughout his journey despite not fulfilling his goal of becoming Champion - he's now a lot more modest in comparison to his younger self who was more judgmental and impatient.

And the Striaton triplets! Very cute and unique gym experience with some lovely characters that I adored so much. Of the three, Cilan is probably my favorite, though they're all rockin'.

How about you? :')

Sirfetch’d

I like Elesa a lot! Her gym was so amazing in both versions of the game, specifically Black and White 2. She is so pretty and cool as well. Nothing to dislike about her haha. Iris is a close second though as she always seemed so cool :)

Years
  • Unova has some of the most awesome Gym Leaders in Pokemon ever, but here's the ones I loved out of the crowd:

Favourite 5th Gen Gym Leader!

I'm one who usually doesn't find Poison-types appealing, but Roxie somehow makes the type look awesome. The fact she's a rockstar and a Gym Leader in one definitely makes her one of my faves, and I think I started liking Poison-types a bit more thanks to her.

Elesa is literally my fave of all the Electric Gym Leaders, along with being the only girl of the five (with all those males you'd think this was a type that appeals more to guys than girls). She also uses Emolga, which is my fave of the Pikaclones and in B/W at least, she does prove to be a decent challenge. Her redesign in B2/W2 made her even more flashy but damn she's beautiful.

Marlon. Oh god, Marlon. This guy is literally my fave of all the Gym Leaders, because not only does he have some pretty sick hair but he also uses one of my fave (non-Oshawott line) Unova Water-types, Jellicent. He's like put a total cool image on the already-cool Water-type.

Most Dragon-type trainers give off a badass appearance, but Iris is the first one to actually have more of a cute appearance while still keeping the badass image of the type. I was also one of the very few people who actually liked her in the anime, and I never get why she was so hated, but I also do like how the design of her hair is heavily based on iris flowers, which explains her name hahahaha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I liked a lot of the Gym Leaders from Unova, especially the newly introduced Roxie and Marlon!

As stated above, my favourite of the bunch is probably Roxie. Her style is awesome, she has her own band and she's a Poison-type Gym Leader! For some reason I really liked the addition of Roxie and her back-alley styled Gym.

Huseyin

Not positive, not negative
    Years
  • Cheren, I already cheren is the best rival with Bianca and cheren could be a big pain if you let him set up his work ups and he has a Super big story already from the black and white games and in black and white 2 he has a big role too!

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    My favorite leader would probably be Skyla. She's nice and she's badass and she's really cute and hot and she's one of the few leaders that actually has a chance of giving you a challenge in Unova. I don't know, I've always just liked her in general.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Honestly, Drayden. I love how you get to see two sides of him. On one hand, he's a super-tough Dragon-type trainer (the dude wrestles dragons) and keeps his cool even during the most stressful of situations, such as the attack on Opelucid City in B2/W2. On the other hand, when you see him interact with Iris he comes off as really sweet and caring, and during the attack on Opelucid he is genuinely concerned for everyone's well-being. Not to mention how he's always very polite to the player.

So, yeah, Drayden is definitely awesome. It's a pity he tends to be very overlooked.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I adored Elesa and the Striaton Triplets! At first I thought Elesa would be the stereotype of a somewhat vain model, but she is very kind and caring. I loved the scene with her, Bianca and Bianca's father, and overall I thought she was a lovely Gym Leader. Not to mention Electric types are very cool c;

I thought the Striaton's had a very unique gym, I wish there were more like them with different typed Pokemon! It was a fun gym and they are all so different, yet similar, haha.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Elesa its about time we had a model and i like both her gyms theyre very different from others i mean a roller coaster and then a runway what else is cooler?

Years
  • My favorite Unova Gym Leader is Clay, as he's a cowboy who mined out enough resources to build a city that he turns from buildings into emeralds in the sequels. And he managed to farm out the PWT. He's a rich man alright with a ruff persona. Also, his Excadrill can be really scary.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Iris (B/W) - She's energetic and she is quite young than other most gym leaders due to her age

Elsa - I really like her in BW2 because Roller coaster are so 90's and become a fashion model and gym leader which dazzle with beauty

Cheren (BW2) - Despite being a rival in BW, he is more level-headed and smart, he even there to teach the protag in BW2 as same way he did in BW

Back