• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Favourite _____ pokemon weekly poll #1] Bug-Type pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    What's your favourite Bug type pokemon? Why?
    Scizor and Scyther. They just look incredible (although Scyther's BW sprite is terrible) and dangerous. Ledian is pretty cute as well.

What's your least favourite bug type pokemon? Why?
    The Wurmple Family, they're just ugly and rubbish.

How well do you like the Bug type pokemon?
    Outside of Scyther, Scizor and occasionally Herecross I never use bug pokemon, I'm just not a fan of them and they aren't particularly brilliant at what they do.

Why do you, or don't you, like the Bug Pokemon?
    I hate to say it, but for the most part they're weak. Their use as a counter for Dark, Psychic and Grass types are limited because of Fighting, Dark and Fire/Flying which hit harder and can take hits. Most of the decent Bug type moves such as X Scissor and Signal Beam can be taught to more useful pokemon as well. One thing I will give them though is that they have some of the best pokemon designs around.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    It's Venipede. It's just extremely cute and I can't let it evolve. ^^
    Wormadam, but I don't hate her.
    I really like them. They're my second favourite type after Ice.
    I like them because they have the best designs out of all Pokemon types. ^^

tinq

(′・ω・`)ノ こんにちは。
    Years
    I love Scolipede, so much. It's cute and big! I love big Pokemon.

Leavanny. It's ugly and it's annoying.

It's not my favorite type, but there's plenty of Bug type Pokemon I like, so.

They are awesome (even some of them would suck in-game or so).

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
    What's your favorite Bug type Pokemon? Why?
    I kind of like Skorupi. I like Skorupi sprite compared to other the other bug Pokemon.

What's your least favorite Bug type Pokemon? Why?
    Beedril. It's just kind of... scary looking...

How well do you like the Bug type Pokemon?
    Let's just say the only Gen I ever used them in was 4th Gen.

I don't really like bug Pokemon. I just don't see any real use for them on my team.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    - My favourite bug type is definitely Ledyba, because it was the first bug type I knew (I always thought Caterpie was grass) and I just think it's really cute. ^_^
    - Metapod. I just think it's pretty pointless, it only really knows Harden and Tackle and because of that I find them really difficult to level up...
    - They aren't really my favourite type because there's not that many of them and sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between bug and grass types which makes them not seem like a proper type to me.
    - Well they're hard to distinguish and they look to much like real bugs, and real bugs really freak me out. D:

Years
    - it used to be masquerain, but now it's volcarona. about time we got a fire type bug! it's pretty strong as well.

- mothim. it's just a generic bug/flying type that just has nothing interesting about it at all.

- quite well. they're not the best type, but most of them are quite interesting.

-
    how most of them seem to look a lot different to each other. for example, butterfree and beautifly look hardly anything alike yet they're both butterfly pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2020
    Got to go with Parasect here, but Beedrill, Pinsir and Heracross are also way up there. Galvantula and Ariados should be honorable mentions.

There's a couple of bug types I'm not a fan of, but I personally find Crustle, Volcarona and Genesect to be among the least aesthetically attractive ones.

I'm a big fan of Bug-types, not as much as Poison or Ground types, but they're up there.

I think most Bug Pokémon look very good aesthetically (that's my sole basis on picking favorites), especially after doing a Bug monotype on my Pokémon Blue.

TigerDan

< He isn't joking Man...
    Years
    Favorites?
    Shuckle. Who doesn't love a nice defence EVed Shuckle? Pair 'em with a tyranitar and the berlin wall would shudder in your presence. :)

Galvantula is pretty awesome as well. Agility and an Electro ball and they are down. He basically took out the psychic E4 single handedly. He forever resides in my heart.

I also like Forretress for his ability to set up SR/S/TS.

Least Favorites
    Eh, I never really liked Illumise, Volbeat, Kricketote, or Krickitune. Stupid designs I guess?

Overall I like the type combos that come with bugs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back