• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Album Artwork?

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I'm not sure if this would be better suited to the Art Gallery... oh well.

What are your favourite album covers on your iPod/mp3 player? They need to be pretty good to make you pick up that CD or click download on iTunes or other, illegal methods. Obviously the music itself is the most important, but attractive or meaningful album artwork always goes down a treat. I'm specifically refering to albums own here and not just albums with nice covers.

Here are a few of mine:

Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Parenthetical Girls - Entanglements
    Favourite Album Artwork?

The album art depicts someone being consumed by darkness from the inside, which ties in with the lyrical themes present throughout the album, centering around experiencing states of fear and confusion and how it can become overwhelming. Surprisingly though, the actual music is rather light hearted and not at all dark.

Pink Floyd - Animals
    Favourite Album Artwork?

The floating pig become symbolic for Pink Floyd after the album was released. The pig is a metaphorical image for capitalism, which the whole album is based around. Battersea Power Station was the perfect spot for them to choose.​

Autechre - Draft 7.30
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Nothing meaningful here. Just a pretty cool pattern, imo.

Porcupine Tree - Signify
    Favourite Album Artwork?

There aren't a lot of lyrics on this album, as it's mostly instrumental, but from what I can tell it's about being stuck in a dull life following a generic, unhappy routine with no way to break out of it, which would explain the cover art showing a girl tied in to place with no way to move. That's just my own interpretation. Regardless, I just like the artwork a lot.

Faithless - Outrospective
    Favourite Album Artwork?

A photo of the French May 1986 student uprisings. A lot of protest in France against the government during this time. Seems to tie in with the lyrics as they are often dealing with either taking action to get what you want, or just doing nothing and waiting in sorrow.

Fang Island - Fang Island
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Just because it's awesome. My own interpretation is that it's about being able to do fun and ridiculous things as a child, and once people are older it's seen as unacceptable. You can tell they weren't trying to be deep or serious with the music on this album and that it was made for fun, hence the picture of children just having fun without a care suits it well.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years

Porcupine Tree - Signify
    Favourite Album Artwork?

There aren't a lot of lyrics on this album, as it's mostly instrumental, but from what I can tell it's about being stuck in a dull life following a generic, unhappy routine with no way to break out of it, which would explain the cover art showing a girl tied in to place with no way to move. That's just my own interpretation. Regardless, I just like the artwork a lot.

I love Porcupine Tree's album artwork as well. I could have put In Absentia, Stupid Dream and Fear Of A Blank Planet up there with my other favourites but I though 15 was enough. Is it the same artist who does all their cover work?

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    i'm a killers fan, so ofc...

The Killers - Day and Age

Favourite Album Artwork?

and as a her space holiday fan...

Her Space Holiday - The Young Machines (Remixed)

Favourite Album Artwork?

but yeah, idk the real meanings to the covers, but they're just cool to me~

Last edited:
    Years
    I can't say I know much about these album covers. I just like them. It must be the vibrant colors or the sharp, central images.

Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Some of my favorites for one reason or another. I really like the Three Days Grace one.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Pink Floyd - Animals
    Mastodon - Crack the Skye, Blood Mountain, Leviathan
    Pearl Jam - Vs

I know there are many, many more but I can't think of them atm.

Years
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Amon Amarth - The Avenger, Twilight of The Thundergod
    Bal Sagoth - A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Dissection - The Somberlain, Storm Of The Light's Bane, Live Legacy
    Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
    Judas Priest - Painkiller
    Sear Bliss - Glory and Perdition
    Vader - Litany

It wasn't exactly easy to restrict myself to those...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

I love Porcupine Tree's album artwork as well. I could have put In Absentia, Stupid Dream and Fear Of A Blank Planet up there with my other favourites but I though 15 was enough. Is it the same artist who does all their cover work?
    I'd add Lightbulb Sun to that list, but yeah they've definitely got some interesting art work for their album covers (guess it matches their interesting music) and I'm sure they get different artists for each cover, they're all very talented though.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    I'm not sure if this would be better suited to the Art Gallery... oh well.

What are your favourite album covers on your iPod/mp3 player? They need to be pretty good to make you pick up that CD or click download on iTunes or other, illegal methods. Obviously the music itself is the most important, but attractive or meaningful album artwork always goes down a treat. I'm specifically refering to albums own here and not just albums with nice covers.

Here are a few of mine:

Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?
    Favourite Album Artwork?

It seems Muse is your favorite band, just like me.

I think the best album art are the ones used for my band. (Lol because I made them.)

But except for that. Every Muse, RCP, Radiohead, and Death Cab For Cutie/Postal Service...I wonder if that has anything to do with them being my favorite album art. :cheeky:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I like all of the Joni Mitchell album covers because they are nice and colorful.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Favourite Album Artwork?

The cover for Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, because it depicts the alien war machine melting the hull of the Thunderchild. The 'Forever Autumn'/'Thunderchild' tracks are one of my all-time favourites, along with 'The Spirit of Man' from the second CD. ❤

Back