• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Attack?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Throughout all the games, TV shows, movies, manga, and so on, what is your favourite attack/move? Where did you first see, or use it?

Personally, one of my favourite attacks is Razor Leaf. In every capacity I enjoyed seeing it used, it's so graceful yet deadly at the same time. No matter where I see it, such as in the shows, or Manga, or even using it in the game, I always love seeing it used. It's such a good, strong, traditional attack.

Last edited:

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
    Shadow Ball.

So many Pokemon can learn it, so I frequently find that at least one of my team members can use it. And no matter what game it shows up in, or even in the anime, it always looks really pretty. I think my personal favourite appearance for it is in Stadium 2, though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Toxic Spikes, such a nice little tactical move that stall teams can wreck with.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In the games, my favorite moves are Slash and Earthquake. They make a lot of damage efficiently and neatly somehow. Ground moves are in general efficient against a lot of things, I feel.

In the anime and manga though, I like moves for other reasons. In early anime, Firespin was the coolest thing ever and had me believe it was the ultimate fire type move. Then I saw it in the games and was like "really?". I agree about Razor Leaf also. In all its iterations, it's a cool and elegant move.

Also omg swoon my pair made a thread in PVP gosh blush etc

Years
    Favourite Attack?

Razor Shell. No contest here.

The main reason I adore this move is due to being heavily associated with the Oshawott line, and I love how Oshawott acts like a badass when using the move in the anime, it has some really cool moments.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Blizzard. And basically any ice-type move in general. I'm not an ice type fan or anything, it's just that most of the moves have this cold, yet elegant feel to it, especially Blizzard.

Years
    I always thought AeroBlast and Hydro Pump were some of the coolest moves, animation wise. Loved using those on Lugia in Silver and Soul Silver.

AND YES, I too thought that Fire Spin was a god-like Fire attack, until I played Red & Blue. What a let down. Magma Storm does make up for it, though.

V-Create

You have no power here
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2014
    well guys, I think it's pretty evident in my username haha​

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really like Draco Meteor, personally. It's quite a powerful attack in the games, and has the ability to take out your opponent with just one, single hit. Due to the same reason, I also like Leaf Storm. Haven't seen either of them being used in the anime though, unfortunately. xD" Another of my favorite moves would have to be Swords Dance. If you're a physical-attacking Pokémon, you could take down your opponent's entire team single-handedly after one use of it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'd say Surf by a long shot. This is because it is a fairly decent move and a reliable HM, both combined I can always have that move which my water-types or need-for-water-type Pokémon need. The water types don't learn a more impressive move than Surf, and Hydro Pump has that low PP and accuracy so it's not reliable for grinding or travelling; only for serious battles. Nor is there any other good water-type move available as a TM.

Not-so-close second would be Earthquake, and this is because most large final-evolutions learn this wondrous move and that Ground-types have a whopping five advantages. While they themselves are exposed to other commonly found types, non-ground types have a serious advantage with this move.

Close third is Fire Spin, because Pokémon Conquest. It's a very strong move and it allows up to a friggin' EIGHT targets to be hit (even though there are only six at max) and all at strategic positions. This makes it finish off those other Pokémon very effectively, and that's why Infernape and Chandelure are really dangerous in Conquest.

Years
    Back from the original games, Surf was always one of my favorite attacks, much for the reasons that Elaitenstile pointed out. Plus, it's one of the most effective moves outside of battle too, which is always a bonus.

Other than that, I've always loved Metronome, just because of the near limitless possibilities that the move could bring up. It's always fun seeing something like a Togepi use Roar of Time or a Geodude using Octazooka under completely legitimate circumstances.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Animation and concept-wise (in-games only), Oblivion Wing takes the cake. Signature Yveltal move that has decent power and restores HP.

Also Play Rough. It would've beat out Oblivion Wing had I not learned about the 90% accuracy. But all of its users completely destroy the opposition with it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Definitely Draco Meteor. 140 power (130 in Gen VI) + Dragon typing = DESTRUCTION. Also, a meteor shower would make you think it's the end of the world.

Back