• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Bad Guy Teams

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
  • So I know I'll get many mixed opinions from people, but I wan to know which was your favourite bad guy team in the anime. Please make sure to keep this thread about the anime, so the question would actually be, what was your favourite bad guy team in the anime. Just the anime, nothing else. My favourites were Team Galactic, although they aren't my favourite overall. I just felt they had such a big impact on the DPP series.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Team Galactic by far and away. They had plenty of spread out appearances, were threatening and succeeding, created the most bada** partnerships with hunter J, and for the most part stayed true to the in-game storyline.

Aqua/magma second/third interchangeably, but they would've appreciated more appearances.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Hmm I would have to say, without a doubt, Team Galactic I felt they had strong characters unlike other teams we've seen over the years and plus I agree with you on them impacting the DP series in some way or another.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Ok, than I say otherwise.

The groups can be measured by their goal, or they appearance in the anime. As I yet to see all groups can only judge by their appointed goal:
    - Team Plasma: aside the one abusing leader, their goal is to stop the pitfight-society torturing animals. I like the sound of it.
    - Team Flare (not yet in the anime) is told to make the world to their liking. Pretty obvious tyranny-operation, very similar to Team Rocket by standard, but with a solution that is at least in theory could be achieved.
    - Team Rocket goes straight for the money, which is a pretty obvious goal. But their basis of work is stealing pokemon, what is impossible to do thanks to the brainwashing-technology of the pokeballs. Thus they are failure.
    - Team Magma wants to melt the whole planet to lava, or at least bad dry it to a desert. They are insane, although they might work by design-flow, so theyare slightly better then Team Aqua..
    - Team Aqua wants to drown the world. They are practically insane.
    - Team Galaxy wants to destroy the whole Universe. They are utterly mad, making them the worst of the groups.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019

The groups can be measured by their goal, or they appearance in the anime. As I yet to see all groups can only judge by their appointed goal:
    - Team Plasma: aside the one abusing leader, their goal is to stop the pitfight-society torturing animals. I like the sound of it.
    - Team Flare (not yet in the anime) is told to make the world to their liking. Pretty obvious tyranny-operation, very similar to Team Rocket by standard, but with a solution that is at least in theory could be achieved.
    - Team Rocket goes straight for the money, which is a pretty obvious goal. But their basis of work is stealing pokemon, what is impossible to do thanks to the brainwashing-technology of the pokeballs. Thus they are failure.
    - Team Magma wants to melt the whole planet to lava, or at least bad dry it to a desert. They are insane, although they might work by design-flow, so theyare slightly better then Team Aqua..
    - Team Galaxy wants to destroy the whole Universe. They are utterly mad, making them the worst of the groups.

I chose Team Galactic as my favourite team not based on their goal, but on their appearance in the anime. I think that Team Plazma had a huge potential but the writers decided to squeeze that into a small arc..

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016

And how was the execution of the teams other than Galactic executed in the story?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    In both the Anime and in the Games. I always loved Team Rocket. I'm a Team Rocket Fan. Mainly the organization and their leader Giovanni. Not so much of Jessie, James, and Mewoth. However I do have to admit that Team Galactic was kind of cool during D&P Series.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Noone votes Team Vanillite?

Favourite Bad Guy Teams

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Now that I'm done with Team Plasma disposed, comes my opinion according to team operation:

#1 Team Magma: they were always present, combined technology with pokemons, and they had useful pokemons unlike Team Aqua and their stupid water-worshipping.
    #2 Team Aqua: very similar in modus operandi to Team Magma, but with weaker personality and worse pokemons.
    #3 Team Rocket: they don't marsh around 24/7 in uniform (well, they do, but that's somehow ok) so they keep under the radar. And they (thanks to Jessie, James and Meowth)slowly but surly DO taking over the world. Without destroying it.
    #4 Team Galactic: on the plus side they had many connections outside their group, and had the highest level technology seen. Problem is theyhardly ever done anything, and multiple occasions got served. Not to mentionby trying to destroy the Universe they didn't exactly solidified their position. And man, that hairstyle...!
    #5 Team Plasma: ok, they started very good. To their unfortune their storyline got deleted, so they ended up at the bottom of this list. Not to mention covering your lips makes conversation harder.

+1: Team Vanillite: they are small, and think small.

Years
  • Here is my opinion on the teams...as an overview of what it is to BE a successful organization.

First off, any group who's goal it is to destroy the world, or otherwise eradicate everyone else outside their own group is just stupid. Any modern day tyrant, businessman, or banker knows that you can't succeed without having a flock from which to sheer. So by this standard, ALL the groups with world destruction are out the window.
    Therefore Team Aqua, Magma, and Galactic are utterly pointless. ESPECIALLY team Galactic. They want to destroy everything. Um, DUH guys, you are part of the universe. Insane cult much? O.o
    Team Plasma I wouldn't even consider to be that villainous, tbh. They are like an extreme form of Greenpeace or the ASPCA. By that standard, their intents as a whole is actually rather noble. Therefore, they are moot in the argument of 'best bad guy' that they are not truly bad. They are fighting out of a principle.

So pretty much the only group in the anime with a goal that supports itself AND is set up for long term success and that doesn't involve killing off pretty much everyone else in the world (which is just plain dumb!), is Team Rocket.
    Oh, and they get extra points for being classic. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2016
    Rocket ftw. I hope that they will relevant again as a whole organisation, when the time comes. A Team is as good as its Leader is. Giovanni imo is a definition of badass. He is just doing it for the money.

Back