• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Female Video Game Characters? o:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Let's hear it for the gals! In video gaming, who are your favourite female video game characters? Can be from anyone from any game in any platform and any genre! ♪

Mine is definitely Maya Amano from Persona 2: Innocent Sin, because let's think positive and grab our asses because we have to run to the roof!

However in a sense, she doesn't delude themselves from that positive nature, in which she's always prepared to tackle what life hits at them, while she maintains her realism.

When it comes to people, she always treat their friends well, as well as even people they haven't met before as if they've known them for years.. in a sense. That's something that I really admire in a person, and you know what, something that I can be like too! Just a positive person who can adapt to anything~ <33

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to my favorite female video game characters, I have many favorites. Course if I have choose just one, I would have to go with my number one favorite, Tali'Zorah vas Normandy from the Mass Effect series. For one thing, she is a Quarian, so she is really good with tech. Plus she has really nice hips. While she is not able to be romanced in the first game, she became a romance option for Male Shepard in the second game. One big mystery about her before the third game came out was what her face looked like under her mask.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I have quite a few, but Ellie from The Last of Us springs to mind first. I usually can't stand "teenage" characters, but they did a great job in making her a believable teen yet still very likeable (stark contrast from the recent Life is Strange's 'teens' :P), and I found her witty and charming. She's such a strong character too - although she's young and inexperienced, she's still smart enough to take care of herself and knows who she should be cautious around. Also
    Spoiler: minor plot thing
    her determination to reach the Fireflies and help find a cure, even at the cost of her own life, was admirable.

And there's also Yuna from Final Fantasy X, another strong female lead. I like that she's super soft-spoken and polite, but still makes it clear that she means business. She always puts the needs and happiness of others ahead of her own, and is determined to fulfil her duty even though she knew from the start what would happen to her if she succeeds.
    Spoiler: more plot things
    Although she was fully willing to make sacrifices when she believed it was for the greater good, she didn't just blindly follow the teachings of her religion, and wasn't afraid to fight against it for what's right, so that no one had to suffer anymore.

My father... I loved him. So I will live with my sorrow, I will live my own life. I will defeat sorrow, in his place. I will stand my ground and be strong. I don't know when it will be, but someday, I will conquer it. And I will do it without... false hope.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have been putting off making this thread for so long and idk why I did, haha. :(

First thing's first, I'd say my favorite lady in gaming is Lucca from Chrono Trigger. I love her design, her element is Fire, she's an inventor with knowledge well beyond her years (seriously, she's from 1000 AD but knows how to use computers in 2300 AD? Hmmm...), and she's just generally very likable. I immediately gravitated to her when she was introduced as a party member in Chrono Trigger and honestly, I would have preferred Crono ending up with her instead of Marle (not that I dislike Marle though). I felt that pairing was a bit too forced and Crono/Lucca seemed more natural, but I digress. I think I tried to keep Lucca in my party as often as I could because I found her to be such a useful character and enjoyed her dialog for each situation. Her friendship with Robo and Crono is something I admire too. It can't be matched. <3

Another lady in gaming that I love is Mystearica "Tear" Grants from Tales of the Abyss. She's strong and independent and knows when to be tough and when to lighten things up. She's a great mentor for Luke, especially when he's going through his big changes in the story and for those of us that have played the game, I'm sure we all greatly admire the fact that she put up with Luke during the first part of the game. lol That alone is a good enough reason to list her here! Fun fact: I used to really dislike her the first time I played the game. It wasn't til my second playthrough that I really started to enjoy the character. I don't really know why I disliked her the first time I played the game, though.

I might come back and write some more detailed stuff on these ladies, but here are a few others I think of for this topic: Kumatora (Mother 3), Zelda (Skyward Sword), Maia (Jak and Daxter), Bayonetta (Bayonetta), and Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Persona's Aigis. Great design, and very... waifu-ish, I suppose. Actually, I don't know a lot about the personality she gains over the course of the story (as a robot she doesn't exactly start with one, you see) since I haven't finished P3P and might never. So I just think she's cool, with the same cyborg-assassin-you-just-want-to-cuddle-and-look-after vibe as the girls in Gunslinger Girl.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Wow, 2 Persona girls!
    That makes me one happy bear. =D

Okay, for me it's Plutia from Hyperdimension Neptunia. She was the reason why I started the series and since she has been my PSN avatar for 2 years already and I didn't change it, she still stays my TOP 1 =D

But since it's my duty to mention Persona, there's also Marie from P4G. She is more than enough to justify P4G purchase, that's how good she is.

Yukari

There are many female video game characters that I like. But to limit myself, I'm just going to mention Aerith and Terra, from Final Fantasy 7 and 6 respectively. Both of these characters I'm mentioning because they are great characters that play an important part in the story. While I found Terra to be... Bland, I still liked her character.

Also mentioning Aerith because that scene makes me cry every time. ;~; (Well, not really, but it does really get to me.)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Hope Estheim from Final Fantasy XIII

What? He's not a girl? Well shit. He whines enough.....

Yuna from Final Fantasy X for reasons stated by Juno.

Tron Bonne from The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.
    14 years old, technological genius, and badass pirate who pilots a giant fighting robot. What more could you want? She fights to free her dipshit brother, she's caring and compassionate for all of her creations, and ya know, she might be evil but she's really pretty alright.

And that's really all I can think of atm.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Because no one has said it yet, Samus Aran from Metroid. She's both strong, with her power suit and the various weapons and abilities she uses, and sexy, with her zero suit and her casual clothing from the speed run endings. Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening also gets an honorable mention for her strong bravery, and she looks like an older version of Dawn from Pokemon. Too bad I couldn't marry her in-game due to how awkward it is to having both a young and older Lucina living in the same time period.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I absolutely LOVE Rikku from FFX/X-2. She is so adorable, and she's been my absolute favorite since the games came out. I just love how sweet and silly she is. It makes me adore her so much she's also really hot......this is coming from a straight person btw. I also like Yuna as well. We actually named our cat after her because they both have different colored eyes ftw. X3

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Zelda, that green girl with the hat, blond hair and the sword, right

I really enjoy playing Bellona, a Roman war goddess in Smite. Her design is badass and her skills are really original and fun.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

God, I love this woman. She is so relatable to me. The most relatable character I have ever seen and my favorite of all time as well. Shion is the character in the entirety of games and stories that I have not made that I am most comfortable with roleplaying as. And even last night, I got so into character as her that I found the words just flowing out of me effortlessly. Something that has never happened before as I struggle with character reactions for characters who aren't me.

And I just... it's nice that the main character of a series is a nerdy female scientist who is relatively unassuming in looks and has a very similar figure to me in the first game.. (Though I think she is very attractive) Even if they make her skimpier and skinnier as the series progresses, she still doesn't have completely massive boobs or anything like that, and looks relatively tame compared to many other females I've seen. Also, she has brown hair! So many characters have exotic hair colors (like green or purple) that appearance-wise makes it more difficult for me to relate to.

Also, I really love her design. Particularly in Episode 1. Her Vector uniform looks stunning on her. Even her Episode 2 and 3 designs look pretty awesome. Her original voice actress is awesome too. A very bubbleish high-pitched voice that sounds kind of bossy and commanding at times, but is also capable of kindness and it just comforts me so much to hear it.

As for personality, she just reacts a lot like how I do. Even her negative traits are similar to mine. She's passionate, kind, and generally logical, but lets her emotions get the better of her and becomes obsessed with the only person who she ever felt close to, tuning out others who care about her. I've done this SO many times in the past and... it's just surprising to find someone in any piece of media who emulates that particular trait of mine.

Shion is one of the few characters I've gotten so immersed into, and have deeply cared for. I've cried and shed tears over her predicaments in the game and have really been able to understand and feel what she feels. I've gotten frustrated about her less than stellar personality traits, sure, but it was in the same way I become frustrated with myself. I don't hate her for it. In fact, I think her flaws make her such a compelling and beautiful character, and the reason I can relate to her. A lot of people who have played the series dislike her towards the later installments because she gets really moody and mean towards the others, but that is because of her emotional turmoil. It isn't something I'm justifying though. I understand perfectly those who hate that. I hate it in myself when I become like that and get so mad.

It's just... it's just nice to see someone else who suffers in a similar way that I do, and expresses it in that sense. Someone who isn't 100% perfect and has feelings and really really bad days. It makes Shion much more approachable. Usually, I feel bad about having people who aren't me as avatars because I feel like I'm engaging in wish fulfillment. But when I have Shion as an avatar, she really just feels like an extension of myself, rather than someone that I admire and worship. And also, she is someone that I actually wish existed and that I could be friends with. That is the difference between Shion and every other character I like.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yukari in Persona 3

Without going into too much detail, she first comes off as a headstrong and cheerful character, despite her giant mood swings, and opens up to the protagonist because they can relate in their parental issues. The thing I like about her is how distant she is towards the whole cast at first and how she develops to become proper friends with the others instead of just coworkers. She overcomes her hardships and becomes a better person by the end of the game This is true for the whole cast of Persona 3 but she's the most well done character, with Junpei being a really close second.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I really like Rosalina. She's probably my favourite female character from the whole Mario franchise. She doesn't get kidnapped at all, which is already 10 points in my book, and she isn't annoying. I also like how she's portrayed in SSB4, so much that I play as her the most out of anyone else on the roster.

Back