• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite fighting games?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • persona-4-arena.33577938.jpg

Lately I've been all about fighting games, most notably Darkstalkers, Persona 4: Arena and Street Fighter. What video games do you enjoy, and what mains do you use for them? It can be any!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Oh. Mygod. Flippin'. Street Fighter, hands down. The characters are so unique and theirs an entire expanded universe behind it.

I love it so much.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • The fighting games that have my current attention as of now are Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Incidentally, these three are also my favorite fighting games.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
  • I love fighting games. My favourite series are Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, Samurai Showdown, Mortal Kombat and dissidia (yeah might as well include it). Oh and the M.U.G.E.N program for pc.
    Including my mains would take too long so yeah.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Tekken and Soul Calibur have been my favorite fighting series. For some reason I can play them without getting bored as compared to other fighting games.

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    I've always loved Super Smash Brothers with Pikachu as my main, mostly because of his speed and how easily I can handle him. However, that game is no contender compared to Blazblue. The reason I love Blazblue beyond any fighter like Mortal Kombat or Tekken is because it's insanely fast paced with so much complexion in both mechanics and story that I find it is able to keep my attention gripped with ease. For anyone who is interested (Though I doubt it) Arakune is my main.

Oh, and Touhou: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody was really good as well (Remelia my main, again, if anybody was somehow interested for whatever reason).

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Oh, and Touhou: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody was really good as well (Remelia my main, again, if anybody was somehow interested for whatever reason).

Oh poop! I almost forgot about this. Although I prefer 12.3 (Unthinkable Natural Law), the sequel to Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Sakuya was my main in that game.

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Oh poop! I almost forgot about this. Although I prefer 12.3 (Unthinkable Natural Law), the sequel to Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Sakuya was my main in that game.

Really? I haven't played the newer one yet because its only has three characters -- at least, that's how many it had the last time I looked. If I understood anything about computers other than gaming and toying around with software, I'd certainly like to face you in SWR (Though I've never really activated the online mode, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about).

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    As a huge Nintendo fanboy, I'm going to with Super Smash Bros Brawl, having Lucas as my main. I think it was always on people's minds to create a game that united all the popular video game characters together in a fighting game, and Nintendo was smart enough to take advantage of their rather large character pool, add a handful of others and create an instant hit. They've improved drastically over the years, and I'm positive The newest installment won't be a dissapointment.

Other than that, Naruto has released some entertaining fighting games that I've been obsessed with in the past. The reason why I put it below SSBB is because I find myself wanting to play the former more often, and I value re-playability. One thing I did like more than the Nintendo game was their strongest form activating once they're low on health. It adds a lot of intensity to the fight and every characters ultimate forme has an extremely powerful signature move that usually dazzles me haha. It's always goi to be fun when the final few minutes are spent brawling with two ultimate forme characters on their last leg.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's Super Smash Bros. Melee. I don't play this game anymore, but when I used to, it was a lot of fun. My favorite character was Kirby, because I liked being able to swallow my opponents and copy their abilities. Kirby also had great air skills, which is a plus. Captain Falcon was my favorite as well, because he had great speed and agility, and his falcon punch was quite powerful.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is also one of my favorite fighting games. I've seen a lot of people give this game negative reviews, but it actually wasn't that bad. It had cool graphical effects, the battle music were amazing, and the fights were really engaging and kept you on your toes. My favorite characters were Vegeta, Gotenks, Majin Buu, and Broly.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    -Super Smash Bros Melee
    -Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    -Super Street Fighter IV
    -Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    -Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

Top 5 in no order

The reason I love Blazblue beyond any fighter like Mortal Kombat or Tekken is because it's insanely fast paced with so much complexion in both mechanics and story that I find it is able to keep my attention gripped with ease. For anyone who is interested (Though I doubt it) Arakune is my main.
    Buddy you just described Tekken perfectly.

I'll give you story...actually no I won't, Blazblu's sucks if you ask me. Just like all other fighting games.

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Buddy you just described Tekken perfectly.

I'll give you story...actually no I won't, Blazblu's sucks if you ask me. Just like all other fighting games.

I find Tekken's pace incredibly slow -- the guy gets hit, you pull a few combos, that's about all there is to it. There isn't any vigor in it, just a bit of accurate button combos and that's it. Worse yet, you have to wait an achingly long time for the character to stand back up. To me, Tekken is rather generic -- great game, but it doesn't fit my style because it is much too slow.

I find Blazblue much more skillful as it tests your reflexes and strategic mind all in split seconds. Unlike most fighting games, button mashing will only get you so far -- you actually have to TRY to win rather than spam as much as you can in hopes of hitting the opponent. I have never seen many games made like this beyond Arc System Work's creations, so I really have no idea what you mean by "Just like all fighting games". If you want my honest opinion, Tekken fits much more into your statement.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • street fighter and tekken are the life.
    --
    tekken is suppose to be slow. it's more realistic movements of people.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Really? I haven't played the newer one yet because its only has three characters -- at least, that's how many it had the last time I looked. If I understood anything about computers other than gaming and toying around with software, I'd certainly like to face you in SWR (Though I've never really activated the online mode, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about).

You have to link the file location of SWR so that all the characters would be playable in 12.3. I was confused too when I first played it haha. SWR was my favourite game when I played Touhou games, I mained Remilia. When Hisoutensoku was released I played with everyone, especially Suika, Yuyuko, and Utsuho.

My favourite is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with Lucas and Toon Link being my mains. I joined a couple of Smash forums just so I could find people to play against competitively. I still do whenever I can but lately I've been playing Project: M more than vanilla Brawl.

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    You have to link the file location of SWR so that all the characters would be playable in 12.3. I was confused too when I first played it haha. SWR was my favourite game when I played Touhou games, I mained Remilia. When Hisoutensoku was released I played with everyone, especially Suika, Yuyuko, and Utsuho.

My favourite is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with Lucas and Toon Link being my mains. I joined a couple of Smash forums just so I could find people to play against competitively. I still do whenever I can but lately I've been playing Project: M more than vanilla Brawl.

Oh, that makes sense. I'll have to do that -- thanks for the tip! MUGEN has an excellent collection of all (Literally ALL) of the Touhou characters, and that is a blast.

I've never played competitively on SSBB, either, so that sounds really interesting.

tekken is suppose to be slow. it's more realistic movements of people.

I understand that :) it's just not my style. Going a bit beyond the normal is more interesting to me, but it would be interesting to actually implement Tekken moves in real life since it isn't altogether impossible.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I honestly am not a fan of fighting and those kind of games, because I usually find them very dull and undeveloped in terms of plot and such.

However, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, (or SSBB for short) I absolutely LOVED.

An amazing story, a huge character roster that surprised me every time (either because I loved the character, didn't expect him/her or thought I unlocked all the characters.), the game is literally the only reason I love the Wii so much.

Back