• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Fire Starter

Favourite Fire Starter

• Charmander

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Chimchar

• Tepig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fennekin

• Total voters
Years
  • Now we get to my least favourite of the starters, the fire type, no idea why, maybe it is because I never liked their design that much. Although Litten will be the first Fire starter I choose because of the fact that I like cats.

But since I am not including the gen 7 Pokemon in this, my favourite fire starter has to be Fennekin, I like foxes and Fennekin just looks cute. Also the psychic typing helps.

Last edited:

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • Chimchar, definitely. Monferno is my favorite from the line of starters, and if I can I'll avoid evolving it to an Infernape entirely.

MorganW

That Kid You Don't Like
    Years
  • Chimchar. He isn't just my favorite fire starter but he's my favorite starter ever. Now a big part of it is nostalgia as Diamond was my first Pokemon game but also since I was a noob I usually solo ran with Infernape as I never though I'd be able to manage 2 or more pokemon at a time thinking that some would become severely under leveled and although I've never been big for the after game in pokemon I never even considered the after game in Diamond. I think I probably played through the game a little under 10 times and I probably chose Chimchar 6 times and never got bored of him.

I especially love Infernape as he is probably the best designed pokemon in my opinion. And I don't know why but for some reason I adored Mach Punch... I know it's a good move but I thought it was such a sick move and I've never been attracted to a move off all things before.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Favourite Fire Starter
    Favourite Fire Starter

They are so adorable. Cyndaquil I probably like a little more than Fennekin but both are great even though I'm not a huge Delphox fan. Preferably I'd keep both unevolved, but I do like Quilava and Braixen a lot too. Tough!

Years
  • This was a close one between Charmander and Cyndaquil. I eventually went with Charmander because I just love his design, he's so cute and cool and evolves into one of my favourite Pokemon - Charizard. Cyndaquil is awesome too but nostalgia wins this time xD

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Cyndaquil line is my personal favorite, with the Fennekin line at a very close second.

Years
  • I voted Chimchar as my fave, but I also like Cyndaquil, Tepig and Fennekin based on their cute appeal and interesting evolution lines.

Chimchar was always my go-to starter for Sinnoh when I realized how few Fire-types inhabited the region so it was the most reliable starter to use. Cyndaquil was my pick for Soul Silver and it worked well for me, especially with the team I was able to build around it.

notecard

please kill me
    Years
  • Obviously Chimchar or Charmander. Or Fennekin because it's cute but in terms of battling it's semi-useless.

Years
  • I don't often choose fire-type starters... But Cyndaquil is my favorite of the Johto starter trio!

If I had to choose a second, it'd be Torchic! Not just because I'm biased towards the third generation, but because it's so cute, and has an awesome hidden ability!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'll have to go with Fennekin. It's really the only Fire-type starter out of the current six we have. Though when generation three was announced, I was Torchic line fan :P

Tewi

Хорошо
    Years
  • I'd with Torchic/Blaziken any day. He's just my favorite pokemon, The typing, the design, it's really amazing. (At least for me).
    Chimchar looks like another amazing starter, (I'd pick him if i could play the game :/ )

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
    Years
  • Charmander!! I grew up with that little lizard!! I remember being like 8 or something and clearing Fire Red with my overtrained, lvl 100 Charizard. (cuz I was too stubborn to train any other pokemon)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Torchic or Fennekin line. I loved the Torchic line when I was younger and I used it so many times that it just has a special place in my heart. I kind of see the Fennekin line as a counterpart to the Torchic line. Both appear feminine to me and one is physical while the other is mental.

Back