• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favourite Gen 1 Pokemon

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    RBY, the generation where it all started. Who's your favourite Pokemon from this gen?

My personal favourites are the starters, the Pikachu line, the Meowth line, Poliwhirl, Nidoking, Ninetales, Parasect, Venomoth, Dugtrio, Arcanine, Alakazam, Machamp, Victreebel, Slowbro, Magneton, Dodrio, Cloyster, Gengar, Exeggutor, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Weezing, Rhydon, Starmie, Electabuzz, Pinsir, Gyarados, Lapras, Vaporeon, Omastar, Zapdos, and Dragonite.

What about you guys?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    My top 5 Pokemon are

1. Lapras
    2. Starmie
    3. Blastoise
    4. Meowth
    5. Muk

I know people are like "wtf why do you like Muk?!?!". Well I personally have a soft spot for the hated Pokemon and tend to fall in love with them. And Muk in the anime is so sweet and loving to Ash even though Ash only cared for it for battles which I thought was mean to poor Muk.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I only like a few Pokemon in the original generation, so my favorites are:

Most reason for liking them over stats or power or legendary is their design - and how cute I found the Pokemon in Amie. I prefer the cuter felines over the more power dragons.

01 - Persian - my 10th favorite Pokemon of all created, top Feline Pokemon too, and just love it's design. It was Giovanni's Persian that made me love this feline a lot.

02 - Vaporeon - favorite water Pokemon, such a cute design, and in XY really love the sound it makes.

03 - Flareon - such beautiful design it has, cute voice in XY,

04 - Mew - favorite legendary too, it resembles a feline a lot, just wish I could use one in my games never used one before

05 - Eevee - I still prefer Eevee over Jolteon, it's cute in both design and in Amie, really love how it can evolve into 8 different Pokemon

06 - Jolteon - overall, my least favorite Eeveelution only by it's design [personally hate that it doesn't have a tail like most other Eeveelutions], it has great reactions in Amie

07 - Rattata - small cute rat that I actually enjoy using a lot

08 - Raticate - bigger and stronger than Rattata, not sure how it helped me take down Lucario, and also love it's annoyed expression in Amie

09 - Meowth - to be honest, my least favorite of the main "Feline Pokemon" (mainly because of the anime, always making it a bad Pokemon) - cute cat overall.

10 - Ninetales - there where no mustelids introduced this gen, and the main felines I already liked, going down my favorite animals in real life - so the next Pokemon I love in Kanto is that fox-Pokemon - such beauty and great moves

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Definitely Vulpix; simply love how cute and cuddly it is. Alongside, I also really like Mewtwo; back then, I used to think that it was the strongest Pokémon of all, which was actually sort of true! As for others, they'd probably have to be Charmander, Charizard, Blastoise, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Meowth, and Zapdos.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • I'm watching indigo league right now, so gen 1 the only gen on my mind at the moment.

Meowth is up there, possibly because of team rocket's (just watched the episode explaining why he walks and talks... that was sad)

I also like haunter and gengar because for some reason I am into the creepy >:P

Mew's one of my claims, so definitely...

I also like Pikachu and raichu, Bulbasaur, squirtle, oddish, diglet, vaporeon, and doduo.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • My Top 5 Pokémon from the 1st Generation would have to be:

01 - Pikachu

025.png

02 - Ninetales

038.png

03 - Mew

151.png

04 - Gengar

094.png

05 - Lapras

131.png

Years
  • Aw maaaaan... gen 1 had a lot of awesome Pokemon! Save me. But Raichu and Squirtle are probably my top two. I mean, who can say no to their awesome gen 1 sprites?!

26.PNG
    7.PNG

But I also like Eevee and its evolutions, Pikachu, Wartortle, Butterfree, Vulpix, Growlithe, Dragonair.. the list goes on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Bellsprout is my number one but of course I must add in some honorable mentions. Ivysaur, Clefable, Dodrio, Staryu, Hypno, and Jynx. Honestly though I like all the first generation Pokemon to some extent.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Definitely Jolteon. I mean its a lightning dog that may or may not evolve in raikou!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I really liked Gengar because of how strong it was and how its appearance to me represented what it is to me - a trickster. I also liked Porygon simply because of its origin. It's a man-made virtual Pokemon made up of polygons. I just find that really unique.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Anyone who knows me will know that Pidgey is not only my favourite first gen Pokemon, but my favourite Pokemon of all. The simple reason being that it was the first Pokemon that I ever caught and trained. I honestly wouldn't say that there's much else behind it, other than the fact that I just felt much more attached to it than my actual starter, since I actually did someone to actually get this Pokemon. It wasn't just given to me, I actually fought to catch it. Then it's up to people to decide how legitimate they find this reasoning, but there's honestly not much else to it. I have most of my early memories from the franchise with that Pokemon, and even though it may not have the most creative design, or it may not be the strongest starter bird, I'll always pick it over most others if I get the chance (unless I decide to play though a game without one of course, haha)

I'd list runner-up's if it wasn't because they just go along the same vein. Bulbasaur would probably be my second, but that's mainly because it's my favourite starter of the region, and I've grown really attached to it over the years I've used it. There aren't that many others that specifically scream "favourite!" in my mind, so I reckon I'll leave it at that.

Years
  • Tie between Alakazam and Squirtle.

Alakazam because he's just awesome. Squirtle has a place in my heart (LOL), because he was my first starter ever, during my play through of Pokemon Blue when I was 11 years old (1999). I knew very little about Pokemon at the time, learning as I went through the game, being sucked in as if it were me on the journey instead of Red.

I remember loving that Squirtle and being so amazed when he evolved for the first time (wasn't expecting it) and then again into Blastoise... Amazing times. And now, my daughter's favorite is Squirtle (without me telling her to like him!).

Also, I've always loved Dragonite as well. My 3rd fave, but still.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    My top 5 Pokemon are

1. Lapras
    2. Starmie
    3. Blastoise
    4. Meowth
    5. Muk

I know people are like "wtf why do you like Muk?!?!". Well I personally have a soft spot for the hated Pokemon and tend to fall in love with them. And Muk in the anime is so sweet and loving to Ash even though Ash only cared for it for battles which I thought was mean to poor Muk.

Man I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes Muk! I never knew he was given the shaft in the anime though... darn Ash. :/

Anyway, I will give my top five like you did!

1. Arcanine
    2. Pidgeot
    3. Lapras
    4. Muk
    5. Snorlax

Back